Jump to content
Admin

We are investigating a possible attack on the ArtByte Blockchain

Recommended Posts

We are investigating a possible attack on the ArtByte Blockchain. The blockchain has been frozen and no transactions will be processed. ArtByte has several security protections in place to mitigate damage. Our developers are working to resolve the issue and bring the blockchain network back online.

Additionally the Twitter and Reddit tipping apps will be temporally closed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, theoaustin7 said:

why are they doing this to us,i believe so much in artbyte crew,they would fix it soon

Corruption is everywhere.  But I suppose there are some real financial gains for the crooks that pervade the crypto world. I'm so fed up with the unscrupulous. So sorry to hear this is happening to  our dear Aby:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately we will have to live by that for the time being. I'm confident in the artbyte team to handle this without a major setback. Kudos to to the community. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have applied a fix to the ArtByte blockchain code and provided it to several miners. The blockchain is now unfrozen, as you can follow in the explorer. The attack had frozen the blockchain at block 1095079.

As you can see on the explorer, we are now at 1095411, and new blocks are being found as they normally would. We will be watching this over the next 24hrs and if all is working correctly, we will send the updated code to the exchanges next.

http://explorer.artbyte.me/blocks

T4YAdvCl.png

 

The Twitter and Reddit tipping apps will still remain temporally closed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Admin said:

We have applied a fix to the ArtByte blockchain code and provided it to several miners. The blockchain is now unfrozen, as you can follow in the explorer. The attack had frozen the blockchain at block 1095079.

As you can see on the explorer, we are now at 1095411, and new blocks are being found as they normally would. We will be watching this over the next 24hrs and if all is working correctly, we will send the updated code to the exchanges next.

http://explorer.artbyte.me/blocks

T4YAdvCl.png

 

The Twitter and Reddit tipping apps will still remain temporally closed.

Great work @Admin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, sevko33 said:

wallet balance not effected, welldone stoping attack. i didnt know, it was possible to stop blockchain(freeze). when attacked!! this option seems to be best option till fix can be found. great job!

It's a security measure to limit the amount of damage that would have been done. It's a good one for artbyte. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The blockchain works as expected now. We have sent the updates to the exchanges and are compiling the new Win and MAC wallets.

Please upgrade your wallets, as we release the new executables. The new release is v0.13.10. You can get them here: https://github.com/AppleByteMe/AppleByte/releases

We will next upgrade our tipping apps and the online wallet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2018 at 4:52 PM, Admin said:

The blockchain works as expected now. We have sent the updates to the exchanges and are compiling the new Win and MAC wallets.

Please upgrade your wallets, as we release the new executables. The new release is v0.13.10. You can get them here: https://github.com/AppleByteMe/AppleByte/releases

We will next upgrade our tipping apps and the online wallet.

thank you @Admin and co

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BDS said:

Does the upgrade apply to Artbyte wallets alone or all wallets?

What do you mean? The update is just for the ABY wallet, and as such will not affect any other cryptocurrency wallets on your computer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2018 at 2:51 PM, Admin said:

The blockchain has been frozen and no transactions will be processed

Great work. But i don't understand this sentence. How can you freeze ABY blockchain? Do you have some central node with privileges or something like that? I had assumed it was a decentralized blockchain. In addition, how do you control the wallet version of nodes connecting to the blockchain?

 

In fact in the web page it states:

Just like at your bank, your account balance and transactions are stored on a server. But, as a digital currency, ArtByte’s account data resides on a peer-to-peer (computer-to-computer) network that consists of all the computers logged into the network. These computer “nodes” are paid with ArtBytes for contributing their computer power to the network. This process is called mining.

 

Any information is appreciated. Decentralization is an important topic for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×