Hey, everyone! For those of us on the Northern Hemisphere, we're at the heart of summer. As a freelancer, I don't get traditional vacations (I made my own schedule after all), but I do intend to take a few days to recharge and enjoy the sunshine. That got me thinking: How do you other artists enjoy the summer days? Do you just continue to work as normal? Do you take a few days to rest, or a few days to work on your personal projects or skills? I'd like to know how you're going to use this summer to your advantage as an artist. 

(In retrospect, this post might've been better suited to the 'artist's life' board, but I guess it fits here too)

Summer or no summer, all the days are same for me. Work in the mornings/afternoon, then dabbling with music in the evenings before just relaxing. Seems like I never really manage to get anything done music-wise, but at least I'm enjoying it so I guess there's that. For me summer doesn't work as a muse, quite the opposite, as it just puts me into too much of a good mood to write dark, lonely and cold lyrics, heh.

12 hours ago, Cahoot said:

Summer or no summer, all the days are same for me. Work in the mornings/afternoon, then dabbling with music in the evenings before just relaxing. Seems like I never really manage to get anything done music-wise, but at least I'm enjoying it so I guess there's that. For me summer doesn't work as a muse, quite the opposite, as it just puts me into too much of a good mood to write dark, lonely and cold lyrics, heh.

Ah, that's interesting! I suppose the weather does have a profound effect on our emotions. I find that it is easier to practise and sketch a lot in the summer days, but I tend to commit to larger, more detailed paintings in autumn and winter. Is winter the best 'creative' season for you? 

11 hours ago, ArjenDesign said:

Ah, that's interesting! I suppose the weather does have a profound effect on our emotions. I find that it is easier to practise and sketch a lot in the summer days, but I tend to commit to larger, more detailed paintings in autumn and winter. Is winter the best 'creative' season for you? 

It would very much be, yes, however I'm currently living in South East Asia so there is really no such thing as winter here, just a tad less hot :P

Not that I'd complain though, otherwise I love it much more, but I can see a clear impact the weather does have on my creative side.