Gates

where is it easier to buy ABY?

I understand that many topics have been created with a similar meaning. But I have a small problem. You can buy ABY via bittrex only with the help of btc. when exchanging USD-BTC-ABy, I have too much loss. I can not buy through litebit. My bank cards for some reason do not leave them. The question is: How can I purchase ABY with the least commission costs?

ABY is not available on all that many exchanges, so if LiteBit (which would be the easiest option out there) is not available to you, then Bittrex is really your best shot because they at least have some daily volume available.

4 hours ago, Cahoot said:

ABY is not available on all that many exchanges, so if LiteBit (which would be the easiest option out there) is not available to you, then Bittrex is really your best shot because they at least have some daily volume available.

I now also use bittrex. I do not like that I can not directly change usd to ABy. It turns out that I have to spend extra money on the commission. As for LiteBit, I do not understand why they do not suit my VISA bank cards

20 hours ago, Gates said:

I now also use bittrex. I do not like that I can not directly change usd to ABy. It turns out that I have to spend extra money on the commission. As for LiteBit, I do not understand why they do not suit my VISA bank cards

Credit card fees would probably make card purchases pretty pointless things anyways, but I reckon that it's more about being able to accept such payments than what they cost. But if you have EUR bank account you can use SEPA for effectively free transfers and lesser commission, even if LiteBit does buy their stock from BitStamp (IIRC).

1 hour ago, Cahoot said:

Плата за кредитную карту, вероятно, сделала бы покупки карт довольно бессмысленными вещами в любом случае, но я считаю, что это больше похоже на возможность принимать такие платежи, чем то, что они стоят. Но если у вас есть банковский счет в евро, вы можете использовать SEPA для эффективного бесплатного перевода и меньшей комиссии, даже если LiteBit купит их акции у BitStamp (IIRC).

I do not have a credit card but a debit card. I unfortunately have an account in rubles (Russian money). They have the points: payment by card. but I do not understand why my not suitable for these purposes

I have recently seen in some shopping malls, some preloaded cards with BTC, that you can directly buy in EUR. I don't know if you have there something similar.

Once you have BTC you can also use simpleswap now.

11 hours ago, hj27 said:

I have recently seen in some shopping malls, some preloaded cards with BTC, that you can directly buy in EUR. I don't know if you have there something similar.

perhaps only in Moscow, in my city this is not exactly))

17 hours ago, hj27 said:

This sounds like a very expensive option, compared to something like buying BTC for cash / bank transfer off of LBC and then just using Bittrex yourself. I understand that it's good for newbies to have an easy exchanger like that, but they tend to be pretty expensive and since you're going to effectively lose money with the BTC purchase, you most likely don't want the same to happen twice for just one purchase.

From my experience buying from exchange like bittrex is still the best option despite the cost you mentioned. Place buying from litebit with the debit card charges side by side with buying from Bittrex, you'll discover its better buying from there. 

Bittrex seems to offer the best deal, based on what I know, but I personally stick with Litebit for convenience. I might have to move over at least some of my coins to Bittrex though... 

On 7/10/2018 at 12:46 AM, Frank said:

From my experience buying from exchange like bittrex is still the best option despite the cost you mentioned. Place buying from litebit with the debit card charges side by side with buying from Bittrex, you'll discover its better buying from there. 

LiteBit doesn't take cards, and for SEPA transfers they only charge 0.16 euros and their own fee is like 2%, so it's much cheaper that to purchase BTC first, transfer that, and then pay for Bittrex. Obviously SEPA is not available for people outside of Europe, so that limits their usefulness for many, but even with their own cut it's still much cheaper.

4 hours ago, Cahoot said:

LiteBit doesn't take cards, and for SEPA transfers they only charge 0.16 euros and their own fee is like 2%, so it's much cheaper that to purchase BTC first, transfer that, and then pay for Bittrex. Obviously SEPA is not available for people outside of Europe, so that limits their usefulness for many, but even with their own cut it's still much cheaper.

thanks for the info. in general bittrex is the simplest option, others unfortunately do not

Simplicity really depends on many factors; if you can buy with SEPA, LiteBit is not only cheaper, but also much more simpler option as you can just buy with EUR directly ;) 

2 hours ago, Cahoot said:

Simplicity really depends on many factors; if you can buy with SEPA, LiteBit is not only cheaper, but also much more simpler option as you can just buy with EUR directly ;) 

Even the price of aby @ litebit is always higher than that of bittrex.

16 hours ago, Frank said:

as far as I understand it is due to the fact that Litebit is not exactly a stock exchange? There coins do not buy from other participants, but directly from the organization. I'm right?

On 7/12/2018 at 2:02 AM, Frank said:

19 hours ago, Gates said:

as far as I understand it is due to the fact that Litebit is not exactly a stock exchange? There coins do not buy from other participants, but directly from the organization. I'm right?

Yes, exactly this reason. LiteBit is a broker, not an exchange, so obviously their prices will be higher, as they need to make profit. But take into account that if you're buying from an exchange that doesn't support direct fiat-to-ABY (which is every single one of them), you'll incur extra costs on buying BTC, buying ABY with BTC and then in withdrawing that ABY. Sure even with that you'll probably manage to get it a bit cheaper, especially if you're willing to put in a lower purchase order and wait for it to be filled, but it's also going to take time, and depending on how valuable your time is to you, paying a bit more might just make sense :) 

5 hours ago, Cahoot said:

Yes, exactly this reason. LiteBit is a broker, not an exchange, so obviously their prices will be higher, as they need to make profit. But take into account that if you're buying from an exchange that doesn't support direct fiat-to-ABY (which is every single one of them), you'll incur extra costs on buying BTC, buying ABY with BTC and then in withdrawing that ABY. Sure even with that you'll probably manage to get it a bit cheaper, especially if you're willing to put in a lower purchase order and wait for it to be filled, but it's also going to take time, and depending on how valuable your time is to you, paying a bit more might just make sense :) 

as they say: "quietly you go, you will continue". All Taki will work through the bittrex

On 7/14/2018 at 4:58 AM, Frank said:

In summary, even despite the fee it's still better to buy on exchange than using litebit. Maybe in nearest future, we might see some exchange with option of fiat-altcoin. 

The price lives all the time, and there's also the volume available for a specific price that needs to be taken into consideration, but generally yes, the more of the work you do yourself, the cheaper it will be. But then there's the cost of opportunity and spent time you need to account for as well, so there's really no simple answer to this exact scenario.

I agree that hopefully we'll get more USD and EUR gateways for big exchanges like Binance soon so that we can get most out of our money.