Admin

ArtByte artist & fan profiles in Beta - please test

As we announced previously, the ArtByte Foundation will be offering free profiles/galleries to artists and fans.

Artists typically pay $5 - $30 a month for profile listings on art related sites. So this will be a significant cost savings to our users. The profiles are available to all members of the ArtByte community, both artists and fans.

Artists can upload images, videos, and audio files.

In addition to the site being free for members, artists will be able to receive tips, and sell their work for ArtBytes. This feature will be live in the next few weeks

The profiles are now in Beta and we are asking artists and fans to test the application by creating profiles, uploading files if you are an artist, noting friends, making comments, etc. Also let us know additional features you would like

There is a simple registration/login form here: https://www.artbyte.me/wp-login.php  When you create a profile, your personal web site address will be in the form of www,artbyte.me/your_member_name.

To view activity and interact with others, you can go here: https://www.artbyte.me/members/

4 hours ago, Frank said:

Can I use the same email I used for registration on the forum to create my profile page? 

that is excactly the email you will used to create your profile page

This is awesome, this shows that the Artbyte development teams are really into something that will really make a change in the Art community around the wolrd, good job you are really awesome!

This is a great idea! I've registered. I just wanted to let you know that the HTML is a bit broken in the message that shows up after you activate your account:

http://prntscr.com/k4xces

EDIT: I also selected that my real name shouldn't be public when registering, but the activity page still displays my full name rather than my username.

On 6/23/2018 at 12:34 AM, sujithputhranartist said:

GReat ...Registered 

Registering doesn't tell us anything. For you artists who have registered, please upload your images. We are working on the layout design. A blank registered account does not help test it.

I've registered an account and uploaded two images and a profile picture. My findings so far:
- The ArtByte wallet address is visible to the public. I See privacy problems with this. I Think a better way to do this is: When someone tips an artist via the artist profile page the tip should be collected by the ArtByte foundation. There should be a threshold before the artist receives the tips, for example 100 ArtBytes. There can be two ways to pay out the artists, one is automatically, for example once every week/day/month, an artist can enter a wallet address where the payments should go to. The second way is for the artist to manually collect the funds to an address he/she enters at that moment. By doing it this way the artist's wallet address is not being published publicly and his/her privacy is being kept. An extra benefit to using a system like this is that the ArtByte foundation can take a small percentage of the funds the artists receive to pay for the running costs of the website. Maybe something like 2-3% for every transaction made.

- There is currently no group for illustrators. I've registered myself under painters but a lot of my work falls under the illustration category.

- When I wanted to upload my first image I got a message stating "There is no media found in the request" My image uploaded fine after I clicked on the upload button though.

- The buttons in the upload media page look disabled due to the gray font color and the gray button color. Also I think the upload button is a bit confusing. The image I wanted to upload appeared below the selection box but the upload button appeared above the image. Moving the upload button below the image you are about to upload will make it more clear that you need to press that button to upload the image. The first time I wanted to upload the image I did not see the upload button and did not know why my image was not uploaded.

- I Don't see a way to navigate trough the groups yet. I Assume this will come in the future.

:') One more thing I found. When posting a status update the post button does not give any feedback (tested on Chrome) I Clicked the button a bunch of times because I thought it was not working. After I refreshed the page I had a whole list of duplicate status updates I had to delete one by one.