Vishal

is this right time to invest in bitcoin and altcoins

4 hours ago, theoaustin7 said:

you are right,that is what determine the ups and down of the price

5 hours ago, Gates said:

the price grows when the volume of purchases is more than the sales volume, am I right?

Not really. Volume of purchases and volume of sales must be exactly the same. If you buy something, some is selling exactly the same item.

What Cahoot says is that if there is a lot of people who wants to buy, and very few people want to sell AT THOSE PRICES, the prices will have to go up, in order to persuade sellers to sell the asset. However if nobody demands the asset, price will just be the same.

12 hours ago, hj27 said:

Not really. Volume of purchases and volume of sales must be exactly the same. If you buy something, some is selling exactly the same item.

What Cahoot says is that if there is a lot of people who wants to buy, and very few people want to sell AT THOSE PRICES, the prices will have to go up, in order to persuade sellers to sell the asset. However if nobody demands the asset, price will just be the same.

I do not know how this process works for crypto currency. But on the stock exchange you can make a sale even before you buy

2 hours ago, Gates said:

I do not know how this process works for crypto currency. But on the stock exchange you can make a sale even before you buy

Sure you can short crypto as well on platform where margin trading is possible, but what we're talking about is the basic principle of supply and demand, and while larger demand does generally lead into higher prices when the supply gets lower, for the price to make really big changes the whole event needs to be pretty big. What I mean is that if you look even the daily change in BTC valuation, the highest and lowest points today are nearly $200 different, but with such a high unit price that's not a massive change, and what's more is that it's probably not something that'll stick.

1 hour ago, Cahoot said:

Sure you can short crypto as well on platform where margin trading is possible, but what we're talking about is the basic principle of supply and demand, and while larger demand does generally lead into higher prices when the supply gets lower, for the price to make really big changes the whole event needs to be pretty big. What I mean is that if you look even the daily change in BTC valuation, the highest and lowest points today are nearly $200 different, but with such a high unit price that's not a massive change, and what's more is that it's probably not something that'll stick.

Well, if we talk about the "fundamentals" of course, here I agree with you