So, I think we need to set up a review for rewards program.

For authors/readers (not sure how it would work for other artforms, but could possibly if those people want to put in their opinion)

So a Reader says they would read and review my book.  They put their review up here for "review".. for the community at large to reward.  If they think it's a harsh review, they get a low reward.  If they think it's fair they get a higher reward, as predetermined.. or determined by the person reviewing the review.  Then, perhaps the average of those reveiws, determines the reward that the author pays to their reviewer.  Then the author can share that review, or request the reviewer to put the review up on whatever platform it is.  Be it Goodreads, Amazon, Facebook, Instagram or their own website.    

Maybe I'm over complicating it... maybe there already is something in place?  Open to suggestions etc.  

Also, while I have your attention.. I have a couple of friends I'd like to bring in to our community.  Is there a referral link that I'm not seeing .. that I can send them... 

cheers

James D Armstrong

Yup, no referral system is in place, and (AFAIK) is not really planned either.

But what comes to effectively paid reviews, I'm not really fan of the idea. Not only is art in general very subjective (meaning the whole "if your review is bad, you get paid less" is a bad approach), but I don't think that there are any limitations is using publicly available reviews on your sites in the first place? Something like this in general tends to work better in the sense that the author/creator grants the reviewer access to the content itself, not specifically pay for the review.

8 hours ago, Frank said:

Regarding referral link, there is none for now. You can only share the direct link with your friends if you really want them to join this forum. 

I love the things are been running here,there is room for ideas

frankly speaking, I did not understand who should pay to whom and why. but I agree with "Cahoot". One person liked the work, the second person had other tastes. I can hardly imagine how this will work

14 hours ago, Cahoot said:

Yup, no referral system is in place, and (AFAIK) is not really planned either.

But what comes to effectively paid reviews, I'm not really fan of the idea. Not only is art in general very subjective (meaning the whole "if your review is bad, you get paid less" is a bad approach), but I don't think that there are any limitations is using publicly available reviews on your sites in the first place? Something like this in general tends to work better in the sense that the author/creator grants the reviewer access to the content itself, not specifically pay for the review.

Yeah, I get what you are saying with the paid reviews, and if your review is bad you get paid less.  I don't know if being paid... is the way I meant it.  But surely, why would you want someone who isn't a fan of your genre, reviewing your work just so they get paid.  That's why I'm thinking more a reward, and independently determined as such, not by the author themselves. 

I've been asking friends and family to give me reviews once they finish reading my book.  And I prefer honest review over fake "You're awesome" any day of the week. You know what I mean?  But I still can't get them to review for me

yeah, maybe I didn't explain myself clearly... I wouldn't use the word negative opinions though.  I would say construct criticism are more than welcome, however, a negative review just because someone doesn't like the genre is hardly fair.  I wouldn't read a romance novel just to give it a negative review so I can get "paid"  I'm sure I said a reward program..  

but hey...  it was just an idea to help other authors, new authors to get their name out there...  shoot me down.. all good.  

7 hours ago, JDArmstrong said:

Yeah, I get what you are saying with the paid reviews, and if your review is bad you get paid less.  I don't know if being paid... is the way I meant it.  But surely, why would you want someone who isn't a fan of your genre, reviewing your work just so they get paid.  That's why I'm thinking more a reward, and independently determined as such, not by the author themselves. 

I've been asking friends and family to give me reviews once they finish reading my book.  And I prefer honest review over fake "You're awesome" any day of the week. You know what I mean?  But I still can't get them to review for me

Well, I don't really know if people not interested in the genre would bother to read your book, let alone review it in the first place, but I understand how a baseless review like that could hurt sales. Then again reviews nowadays are starting to be either straight up fake anyways, so trusting them doesn't do too much justice anyway, and word of mouth seems to be gaining traction much better.

And asking friends and family for honest feedback? Heh, you're funny :) 

2 hours ago, Cahoot said:

Well, I don't really know if people not interested in the genre would bother to read your book, let alone review it in the first place, but I understand how a baseless review like that could hurt sales. Then again reviews nowadays are starting to be either straight up fake anyways, so trusting them doesn't do too much justice anyway, and word of mouth seems to be gaining traction much better.

And asking friends and family for honest feedback? Heh, you're funny :) 

yes.  that is true...  I don't bother with reading reviews myself.  Like the movies... all the critics hate it.. I go watch it.  Critics love it... I'm out.

and funny?  I know right.  lol.  to be fair, I actually got an honest review from two friends.  This one from my old housemate... 

"I was skeptical at first, but this is very well written, and a very enjoyable book to read. It hooks you and reels you in with creative spooky twists around every corner with an aura of unpredictability and suspense. It is definitely worth the purchase! Looking forward to future releases from this author!" G Huff

so... shouldn't complain too much I guess.  lol

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.