kmcathey

Bittersweet prologue

Bittersweet

Prologue

Casey, though struggling and tired, finally reaches the top of the cliff. She turns her head, and ten feet in front of her is a mountain lion standing on top of a boulder, staring her down. She stumbles backward, caught of guard by the presence of the animal, and falls to the ground. Her head hangs over the cliff causing her neck and jaw muscles to cramp up, sending shocks of pain down her back. Taking her eyes off the big cat for just a second, she looks over the edge of the cliff, knowing she could fall off. Turning back to the animal, she looks into its beautiful blue marble eyes. He must be deciding how to attack me, she thinks. I am so vulnerable and my only option is not to fall off the edge. Steadying her composure, she takes a deep breath and narrows her eyes to look as mean and fearless as she can.

He knows he has her right where he wants her. With an evil smirk and a twinkle in his eyes, the lion knows his dinner is right in front of him. She watches the mountain lion slightly bend his knees as it digs into the boulder, and then it quickly jumps down to the same level as her. He slightly opens his mouth, showing his sharp teeth that he wants to dig into her, gives a loud hissing sound, and licks his lips. Casey knows she must survive; she has to protect herself from the pain that is about to be inflicted upon her. She must think fast on what to do next; he is coming for her. Unable to move from the fear and shock that has taken over her body, she watches the lion ready to pounce. Suddenly Komodo reaches the top of the cliff and jumps right between them. Everything is happening so fast she cannot wrap her head around it...

Bittersweet releases June 15th. You can pre-order today at https://www.indigoriverpublishing.com/books/

5b11af5c610fd_bittersweetbythetree.thumb.jpg.e9a8ebb4e8c680626caeb8581e794599.jpg

8 hours ago, kmcathey said:

It is considered action fiction and if you are interested, check it out at https://www.indigoriverpublishing.com/portfolio_page/bittersweet/

forgive me, my English is bad. Artistic fantasy this means the genre of "fantasy"? Although by following the link in the description it says "Action"

It is not fantasy. Fantasy is going to be something that has to do with wizards, dragons, maybe a different world. Action is going to be fast past, high impact book.

14 hours ago, kmcathey said:

It is not fantasy. Fantasy is going to be something that has to do with wizards, dragons, maybe a different world. Action is going to be fast past, high impact book.

although my favorite genres are fantasy and science fiction, but I will familiarize myself with your work with pleasure

On ‎6‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 4:31 PM, Donatella9 said:

The name of the book got my attention,I will certainly order for it.

I hope you do, I really enjoyed writing it!!