Hi Everyone, took me a few months to actually get my butt on here, lol.  But better late than never right?  Seeing as I finished my short stories about 15 years ago, and only just got them published, through Amazon self publishing.  

So about me, I'm from Australia,  born in Victoria, but spent most my life in Perth, Western Australia.  Love my country.  It's beautiful and deadly.  I have traveled all around Australia.  A bit in my younger years with my dad when he was a truck driver.  Then I did a couple of road trips with some friends while I was in the Australian Navy.  7 years service.  I did 2 years at sea where we did go all around Australia.  

I recently had a death experience.  I don't say near-death, as I actually died on the operating table.  Short story, in Sydney, on my motorbike.  Truck driver didn't see us and t-boned us as he failed to give way entering the round about.  Was very serious, and I'm still recovering, but that experience is what gave me that push to get my stories edited, artwork done and published.  The environment is vastly different to say 10 years ago.  Self publishing was an extremely expensive process with little support.  If you had no idea about marketing etc, you'd end up with 4000 books in your basement/attic/spareroom waiting for family and friends birthdays or something. lol.  Now it's so easy.  Changing the way we view the industry...  and now block-chain technology is set to revolutionize it again.

Anyway, happy to be here, hopefully can make some cool industry contacts.

cheers

James

p.s.  currently in North Carolina, USA

Do You Dare5.jpg

5 hours ago, Teis91 said:

Wow, incredible story.. Welcome!

Thank you, and that was the short version.  lol.  I had over 26 different breaks and fractures.  punctured lung. torn muscles, ligaments/tendons.  And the attempted coup de gras, torn descending Aorta... shredded it actually.  That injury alone is fairly common in high trauma MVA's, and has a very high mortality rate.  Only 2 out of every 100 people survive this injury.  My surgeons told me later, they didn't think I would actually make it, before, during or after operations.  I was intubated for 5 days.  I am very lucky to be here, and so is my partner.  Her injuries weren't as numerous and slightly less serious.. only slightly, because at the last possible second after I'd realized that I couldn't evade, I turned my body to shield hers.

16 hours ago, JDArmstrong said:

Thank you, and that was the short version.  lol.  I had over 26 different breaks and fractures.  punctured lung. torn muscles, ligaments/tendons.  And the attempted coup de gras, torn descending Aorta... shredded it actually.  That injury alone is fairly common in high trauma MVA's, and has a very high mortality rate.  Only 2 out of every 100 people survive this injury.  My surgeons told me later, they didn't think I would actually make it, before, during or after operations.  I was intubated for 5 days.  I am very lucky to be here, and so is my partner.  Her injuries weren't as numerous and slightly less serious.. only slightly, because at the last possible second after I'd realized that I couldn't evade, I turned my body to shield hers.

really wow, u got a second chance. indeed aortic rapture is dangerous and most people wouldnt survive. and trying to protect ur parthner at the last moment is heroic. welcome to the forum and if u have any question about forum just ask. Enjoy the forum!

Thank you everyone.  I appreciate your kind words.  I wouldn't say it's heroic.  I just acted out of instinct to try and protect my fiance. That's another part of the story actually.  We'd known each other for about 8 years.  She was in America, and I was Perth, Western Australia.  Then Mid 2015 we started chatting a bit more..  then started phone calls.  So we started... dating I guess..  we both agreed we had to meet in person.  I moved to Sydney July2015 as part of a promotion/transfer with the company I worked with, settled in and got ready for her to come over.  She arrived 22nd September, and everything just clicked.  On the 10th October I asked her to marry me on the steps of the Opera house.  10 days later hit by a truck and fighting for my life.  4 months in Sydney for me.  Not even a month in Sydney for her.  

IMG_9194a.jpg

You have a special sense I guess It made a tragedy to bring you back on writing and I congratulate you on publishing your short story even if it took you years or decades to publish it! We are glad you have join the Artbyte community and we warmly welcome you! I hope you recover your 100 percent health as soon as possible!

10 hours ago, benres said:

You have a special sense I guess It made a tragedy to bring you back on writing and I congratulate you on publishing your short story even if it took you years or decades to publish it! We are glad you have join the Artbyte community and we warmly welcome you! I hope you recover your 100 percent health as soon as possible!

10 hours ago, benres said:

Thank you.  It certainly put things in perspective, that's for sure.  

Hello, James! Welcome to the ArtByte community. It's cool to see a writer here, though I have trouble with horror stories (basically, I'm a scaredy-cat). Even so, be sure to post some of your work in the artist listing subforum to make it official! ;)

2 hours ago, ArjenDesign said:

Hello, James! Welcome to the ArtByte community. It's cool to see a writer here, though I have trouble with horror stories (basically, I'm a scaredy-cat). Even so, be sure to post some of your work in the artist listing subforum to make it official! ;)

its amazing to know that what you have trouble to read is what i love most,i love horror stories,reading and watching it

On 5/31/2018 at 8:43 PM, JDArmstrong said:

Hi Everyone, took me a few months to actually get my butt on here, lol.  But better late than never right?  Seeing as I finished my short stories about 15 years ago, and only just got them published, through Amazon self publishing.  

So about me, I'm from Australia,  born in Victoria, but spent most my life in Perth, Western Australia.  Love my country.  It's beautiful and deadly.  I have traveled all around Australia.  A bit in my younger years with my dad when he was a truck driver.  Then I did a couple of road trips with some friends while I was in the Australian Navy.  7 years service.  I did 2 years at sea where we did go all around Australia.  

I recently had a death experience.  I don't say near-death, as I actually died on the operating table.  Short story, in Sydney, on my motorbike.  Truck driver didn't see us and t-boned us as he failed to give way entering the round about.  Was very serious, and I'm still recovering, but that experience is what gave me that push to get my stories edited, artwork done and published.  The environment is vastly different to say 10 years ago.  Self publishing was an extremely expensive process with little support.  If you had no idea about marketing etc, you'd end up with 4000 books in your basement/attic/spareroom waiting for family and friends birthdays or something. lol.  Now it's so easy.  Changing the way we view the industry...  and now block-chain technology is set to revolutionize it again.

Anyway, happy to be here, hopefully can make some cool industry contacts.

cheers

James

p.s.  currently in North Carolina, USA

Do You Dare5.jpg

you are most welcome to the artbyte forum