I recently played an adventure/puzzle game called Rakuen and it really touched my heart. It's about a boy who has to stay at a hospital, but his mother comes to visit him and leads him to a magical world using a storybook. The creator is Laura Shigihara, who did music for Plants vs. Zombies and To the Moon. I particularly loved the music:

The game is on sale on Steam right now, so I'd give it a look: https://store.steampowered.com/app/559210/Rakuen/ You won't be disappointed! 

I have been playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and while the story is hands down the most compelling part of it, just yesterday it got me thinking how much time and effort actually goes into creating the atmospheric music for games in general, and many times they tend to be pretty undervalued aspects! It's just something you expect to be there, without giving too much attention to it unless the music / ambiance is really groundbreaking.

7 hours ago, Cahoot said:

I have been playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and while the story is hands down the most compelling part of it, just yesterday it got me thinking how much time and effort actually goes into creating the atmospheric music for games in general, and many times they tend to be pretty undervalued aspects! It's just something you expect to be there, without giving too much attention to it unless the music / ambiance is really groundbreaking.

No kidding! I think Deus Ex is one of those games where you hardly "notice" the music, but when it's gone, the game loses all atmosphere. Rakuen, though, is a game where music is more on the forefront of the game and storytelling. Some of the puzzles even rely on sound or music. 

7 hours ago, sujithputhranartist said:

awesome Game .. would love to play :) thank you for sharing @ArjenDesign

Yeah, no problem! Like I said, it's on sale on Steam, so you can get it at a low price now. Don't miss your chance.

16 hours ago, ArjenDesign said:

No kidding! I think Deus Ex is one of those games where you hardly "notice" the music, but when it's gone, the game loses all atmosphere. Rakuen, though, is a game where music is more on the forefront of the game and storytelling. Some of the puzzles even rely on sound or music. 

I'm sure it is, it's just that I don't personally really get too interested in the gameplay mechanics of Rakuen, and while I do have the game I haven't played it yet, might get around to it once I manage to clear my backlog from more personally interesting games though!

2 hours ago, Frank said:

Love the storyline of the game. Do you have it on Google playstore already? 

No, it's only on Steam and I don't think that's going to change; it's a very niche game, after all.

On 5/15/2018 at 12:22 PM, Frank said:

Love the storyline of the game. Do you have it on Google playstore already? 

Probably not going to happen without a complete re-writing of the game, as they used ancient (released in late 90's or early 2000's IIRC) RPG Maker XP, which is from the era when mobile gaming wasn't really a thing, so the engine doesn't support that. I guess that porting the project to a newer version by jumping versions and fixing every issue along the way would be possible, but likely not justified by the estimated sales.