Setas Acuarelas is part of a larger project called La Gente de las Setas - Mushroom People - but more on that later. These are experiments in the movement of paint, the relationship between artist and medium, exploring texture and form. The basic shapes are generic mushroom shapes filled with me playing with paint; they are not representative images nor completely abstract but a combination of reality and fantasy.

Shown: SA0174

7C66913E-BD71-4FA4-9B79-DB6EE1754D54.jpeg

Detail from SA0174 showing how some heavier pigments push lighter ones around, creating borders that are sometimes quite hard edged and sometimes they bleed in beautiful organic forms - the paints here are by Daniel Smith - I love iridescence taking part in mushroom experience!

SA0088 pushes extremely vibrant colours in bold contrast to their softer counterparts in the pinks and blues as if combining flesh with jewellery. As can be seen in the second image, a detail, the iridescent gold is a powerful component that as you gaze at the painting from different angles flashes from an almost brilliant white gold to a deep, rich yellow gold. On close inspection, detail 2, the gold becomes dust and the ridges between the shifting colours produces a gorgeous 3D effect that reveals an earthy inner core. 

NOTE: I’m going to rethink image posting here because the size limits are ridiculous, utterly ridiculous for an art site!  

On 5/12/2018 at 2:17 PM, Trimmertop said:

NOTE: I’m going to rethink image posting here because the size limits are ridiculous, utterly ridiculous for an art site!  

In all honesty this is just a forum, not the gallery system, so even if there was no limits on file sizes, the medium wouldn't be very fitting for the needs of a gallery anyways. What I'm trying to say is that you should host your images somewhere else, and just link to the thumbnail here. Also keep in mind that the grand majority of people use low resolution, small screens, so there is really no use in uploading high resolution images when they'll just be scaled down a lot anyways.

Yes, I understand what you're saying and part of the issue was my own confusion about the gallery system here; however, I still think that the limit for images to be used within a forum discussion are ridiculously small and I'm not suggesting High Resolution - no where near it - but a total of 500kb, really? 

4 hours ago, Trimmertop said:

Yes, I understand what you're saying and part of the issue was my own confusion about the gallery system here; however, I still think that the limit for images to be used within a forum discussion are ridiculously small and I'm not suggesting High Resolution - no where near it - but a total of 500kb, really? 

yes its a very low limit. at the beginning i didnt like it either. i was like what! so small. than learn to deal with it esp. using links. and gallery. i do agree what Cahoot said but it can be little bit more atleast 20-50mb. forexample. like this one it is in my galery i copy to link here and it shows my work but it dosent cost any kb or mb. 

8 hours ago, sevko33 said:

yes its a very low limit. at the beginning i didnt like it either. i was like what! so small. than learn to deal with it esp. using links. and gallery. i do agree what Cahoot said but it can be little bit more atleast 20-50mb. forexample. like this one it is in my galery i copy to link here and it shows my work but it dosent cost any kb or mb. 

Thanks for sharing those - they look lovely!

I've now got a grip of linking the gallery - I think!

3 hours ago, ArjenDesign said:

The image in your first post looks broken, which is a shame, because the project sounds interesting. The best way to share images is by just posting an external link.

Yes, you are quite right, I had to remove it because it was gobbling up almost all my total allocation for attachments ... I've now edited the post and added the Gallery link .... thank you very much for being in touch!!  Much appreciated :) 

13 minutes ago, Trimmertop said:

15 minutes ago, Trimmertop said:

Thank you, and yes ur link works:) nice paintings.