Admin

Rule changes on Twitter and Reddit tipping - effective Monday May 7th

We are changing two rules for the Twitter & Reddit tipping events. These rules are effective Monday May 7th.

• You can only tip each artist once, and the double back bonus is limited to three tips per day. So if you tip more than three times a day, you will only get double back on the first three tipped each day.
  • Bonuses are paid on tips given Monday - Friday and paid manually once per day.

Do you mean once VanGoghPainter is tipped, no one else can tip this artist?

Or do you mean each tipper's first tip is eligible for bonus and subsequent tips are not eligible for the bonus? I get the logic but it seems like a big burden for you.

1 hour ago, AdamsEve said:

Do you mean once VanGoghPainter is tipped, no one else can tip this artist?

Or do you mean each tipper's first tip is eligible for bonus and subsequent tips are not eligible for the bonus? I get the logic but it seems like a big burden for you.

No, we mean you will be paid bonuses on up to 3 tips each day. So if you tip 3 artists 20 ABY each, you will get back 120 ABY (double on each tip). If you tip more than 3 artists a day, bonuses will not be paid on those beyond 3.

The rule about only tipping each artist once means you must find artists you have not previously tipped. We also monitor for users trying to take the easy way out by just cutting and pasting another users tips and tipping the same artists. There are millions of artists on Twitter, very seldom do we see the same one tipped more than once. We understand when a Twitter user occasionally tips an artist who has already been tipped by another fan, but if we see a user repeatedly tipping artists who have already been tipped, we will ban the account from bonuses (after a warning).

Our goal is to continually reach new artists, making them aware of ArtByte.

2 hours ago, Admin said:

We are changing two rules for the Twitter & Reddit tipping events. These rules are effective Monday May 7th.

• You can only tip each artist once, and the double back bonus is limited to three tips per day. So if you tip more than three times a day, you will only get double back on the first three tipped each day.
  • Bonuses are paid on tips given Monday - Friday and paid manually once per day.

So the tipping will be for only 5 days a week ?

Monday , Thursday , Wednesday , Teusday and Friday and tips made on Saturday , Sunday will not be paid ? 

1 hour ago, nasym said:

So the tipping will be for only 5 days a week ?

Monday , Thursday , Wednesday , Teusday and Friday and tips made on Saturday , Sunday will not be paid ? 

Yes, you are correct. The majority of Twitter users are active Monday - Friday. Tips sent on the weekend are seldom seen by their intended recipient.

23 hours ago, Admin said:

Yes, you are correct. The majority of Twitter users are active Monday - Friday. Tips sent on the weekend are seldom seen by their intended recipient.

Well said @Admin what about the age of one's Twitter account? Must it be 6 months? Or it's still at least 3 months old. 

I've a twitter account that is about 4 months old. Will like to know if I can use that to participate. 

16 hours ago, Frank said:

Well said @Admin what about the age of one's Twitter account? Must it be 6 months? Or it's still at least 3 months old. 

I've a twitter account that is about 4 months old. Will like to know if I can use that to participate. 

Yes, the requirement is a six month old account, so you wouldn't be able to participate this time, but fear not - these events will most likely be happening later this year as well, so you can join in the fun then! ;)

13 hours ago, Cahoot said:

Yes, the requirement is a six month old account, so you wouldn't be able to participate this time, but fear not - these events will most likely be happening later this year as well, so you can join in the fun then! ;)

Thanks @Cahoot... Waiting for two months more won't hurt.... Patience is a Virtue.