Sign in to follow this  
ArjenDesign

Stages of Human Life

Hey, everyone.

I recently got commissioned to create 8 vector characters for a card game - each of them had to represent one of the stages of human life, starting from baby and going all the way up to elder. I've added the illustration to the projects page on my website, please check it out and tell me which are your favorites:

http://www.arjendehaan.com/games--projects.html

baby-baby_orig.png jong-volwassen-jong-volwassen_orig.png

On 28-4-2018 at 8:27 AM, Cahoot said:

Very nice work, I like the simplicity of the images! My favorite would probably be the young adult, probably as it hits closest to home.

Thanks a lot, I appreciate that. The client also felt that the young adult picture captured the 'essence' of what they wanted portray very well, though they also liked the soccer child a lot. 

good work, but the girl with the ball in my opinion is superfluous, the girl with the ball and the boy with the stick represent the same stage is grown up

11 hours ago, Gates said:

good work, but the girl with the ball in my opinion is superfluous, the girl with the ball and the boy with the stick represent the same stage is grown up

Thank you for your feedback! In my view, the stick represents a more experimental, freeform way of playing, while soccer/football is a team-based sport with set rules. I felt that it implied a clear step up.

10 hours ago, ArjenDesign said:

Thank you for your feedback! In my view, the stick represents a more experimental, freeform way of playing, while soccer/football is a team-based sport with set rules. I felt that it implied a clear step up.

from this point of view, I did not consider the issue. I personally ran with a ball and a stick at one age:)

2 hours ago, Gates said:

from this point of view, I did not consider the issue. I personally ran with a ball and a stick at one age:)

I see! Thank you for this insight. If the organizers of the event ask me to design new cards, I will certainly try to differentiate these two stages more. 

On 19-5-2018 at 5:01 AM, sujithputhranartist said:

Incredible Vectors :) Great Project @ArjenDesign

Hey, thank you! It makes me happy my vector art impresses you! I've found that working with vectors is a huge help for clients that need stuff printed, but it's a lot of work to get that same organic look my drawings have.