Vishal

Expectation from artbyte

Ye, I agree but more publicity would be great. Maybe if developers make some app for android/ios with where you have wallet with ABY balance and where you can check on arts and tip authors.... But hard to say if it would work out.

22 hours ago, Gurman said:

I personaly think that price can go higher. 7.6Mcap is low and we are about to start altseason, so I expect it to go to up, but I dont know how much, I am still learning about market behavioral.

never heard of Altseason. is there an altseason? my exp. says its is like always btc season and than some Altcoins at sometimes would make big leap. but i must say there is atleats 3 months a year it seems people sell CC more than buy esp. jan,feb. Atm tanking and probably will go higher from now on.

18 hours ago, King-David said:

Any news can shake the of bitcoin price which can also make the price of altcoin shaky but by the virtue of momentum and strength that aby is gathering it will surely get there 

Hopefully yes, but further growth will require more actual, real world use cases. While a tip system online is great and all, it's simply not enough in the dog eat dog world out there. I mean, look at Verge (XVG); their whole project is nothing but lies and half-truths, yet since they're paying for adopting the project keep on growing. This gives people the false view of the project, but luckily viable project follow suit as well.

3 hours ago, King-David said:

So in the real world the more artist we could get to use artbyte and sign on to artbyte in the real world the higher it goes

Yes more artist and fans. if fans would find it easier to buy a product of an artist (music,painting etc..) and artist would like to sell product anywhere in the world and earn money digitaly than Aby will be much bigger. Aby makes it easier straight to the point, think an artist in Usa or Russia or Europa selling their song(or something else) to another part of the world without limitation. in this case selling digital property much easier in my opinion. I think this days will come its justmatter of time and build trust in Crpyto Currency (when trust is there, Mainstream artists also will start using CC)

On 4/29/2018 at 3:02 PM, sevko33 said:

never heard of Altseason. is there an altseason? my exp. says its is like always btc season and than some Altcoins at sometimes would make big leap. but i must say there is atleats 3 months a year it seems people sell CC more than buy esp. jan,feb. Atm tanking and probably will go higher from now on.

If you look at coinmarketcap.com, at top panel you have BTC dominance. If you click on it, you can see money flow threw bitcoin and altcoins. Right now money are again flowing from bitcoin to altcoins, but I cant say how long it will last, maybe it already ended. You are right that some coin randomly pump, but majority of them pump around same time. Last altseason was surely at january.

1 hour ago, Gurman said:

If you look at coinmarketcap.com, at top panel you have BTC dominance. If you click on it, you can see money flow threw bitcoin and altcoins. Right now money are again flowing from bitcoin to altcoins, but I cant say how long it will last, maybe it already ended. You are right that some coin randomly pump, but majority of them pump around same time. Last altseason was surely at january.

ok, i see what you mean. but i see also that btc loosing dominance (2013 till 2017 march dominance between 80 -95% and nowadays between 40-50% ) yeah last one was between december and jan. and last couple of week surely some altcoins gained against btc too but probably its kinda ending atm. thanks

18 hours ago, sevko33 said:

Yes more artist and fans. if fans would find it easier to buy a product of an artist (music,painting etc..) and artist would like to sell product anywhere in the world and earn money digitaly than Aby will be much bigger. Aby makes it easier straight to the point, think an artist in Usa or Russia or Europa selling their song(or something else) to another part of the world without limitation. in this case selling digital property much easier in my opinion. I think this days will come its justmatter of time and build trust in Crpyto Currency (when trust is there, Mainstream artists also will start using CC)

Selling digital content online is already easy and without regional restrictions, and I would argue that using cryptocurrency for such would actually make it harder, because now you can just pay with your card in any currency, and have it converted to any currency - with crypto you'd need to buy the crypto, store it yourself, and pay with it only where it's accepted. ABY, or any other crypto for that matter, would need much wider adoption for that sort of a thing to be really groundbreaking.

12 hours ago, Cahoot said:

Selling digital content online is already easy and without regional restrictions, and I would argue that using cryptocurrency for such would actually make it harder, because now you can just pay with your card in any currency, and have it converted to any currency - with crypto you'd need to buy the crypto, store it yourself, and pay with it only where it's accepted. ABY, or any other crypto for that matter, would need much wider adoption for that sort of a thing to be really groundbreaking.

ok, but u think 2 steps forward if not 3. as for now not everyone has CC and artist could accept cash and CC i would say whynot. Also not everyone has Credit card if u look at rest of the world. some countrys they make it too hard to get credit card. Every begining is hard, some would be against it some not and u would get technical problems too but it can all be sorted. u also know how btc sufferd at the begining. and the moment artists would own CC even for fun or trade, they are going to sell stuff with CC too. not only artist if i had something and wanted sell it for cash than say someone offered CC i would just accept it. bec in the end CC=cash. i do agree that wider adoption is necessary. 

14 hours ago, sevko33 said:

ok, but u think 2 steps forward if not 3. as for now not everyone has CC and artist could accept cash and CC i would say whynot. Also not everyone has Credit card if u look at rest of the world. some countrys they make it too hard to get credit card. Every begining is hard, some would be against it some not and u would get technical problems too but it can all be sorted. u also know how btc sufferd at the begining. and the moment artists would own CC even for fun or trade, they are going to sell stuff with CC too. not only artist if i had something and wanted sell it for cash than say someone offered CC i would just accept it. bec in the end CC=cash. i do agree that wider adoption is necessary. 

But an actual credit card is not needed practically anywhere in the world. I don't have, nor will ever have, credit cards for the exact same reasons most people don't, but I have absolutely no issues with making payments with debit cards - and anyone in the position of even thinking about buying stuff online will have one. I vouch for crypto, there are so many positive sides to it, but it's going to be a while before any of them reach the level of convenience credit/debit cards have - let alone the security when it comes to being a victim of a scam.

3 hours ago, Cahoot said:

But an actual credit card is not needed practically anywhere in the world. I don't have, nor will ever have, credit cards for the exact same reasons most people don't, but I have absolutely no issues with making payments with debit cards - and anyone in the position of even thinking about buying stuff online will have one. I vouch for crypto, there are so many positive sides to it, but it's going to be a while before any of them reach the level of convenience credit/debit cards have - let alone the security when it comes to being a victim of a scam.

yes indeed, it will take time and we see what future brings about CC. which way will it be more used, i dont belive it will replace fiat yet (not near future anyway). atm it behaves like Stokmarket (maybe not excatly same) people buys it sells it (alot of people) and ofc. alot of hodls.its like trading object and digital gold atm. but ofc u can still pay CC instead of cash if both person accepts it

4 hours ago, Cahoot said:

Crypto currently works most like fiat cash. Once you send it, there's no mechanism to get refunds like you can with debit/credit cards. I think there will have to be some innovation in the space where ecommerce, refunds, escrow, etc will have to built into the coin. That coupled with mobile wallets all need to interact seamlessly together.

19 hours ago, AdamsEve said:

Crypto currently works most like fiat cash. Once you send it, there's no mechanism to get refunds like you can with debit/credit cards. I think there will have to be some innovation in the space where ecommerce, refunds, escrow, etc will have to built into the coin. That coupled with mobile wallets all need to interact seamlessly together.

Yup. There are so many factors people, especially tech savvy people, just glance over when it comes to something as mundane as making payments. While banks do have a lot to account for, the security they bring to the Average Joe is something that no crypto currently can answer to, and the problem is that dispute resolution cannot really be automated, which once again puts a dent in the whole point of decentralization. This is why I believe that even if crypto was to go mainstream, banks would just shift from fiat to crypto, and things would keep on going the way they currently do.

4 hours ago, Cahoot said:

This is why I believe that even if crypto was to go mainstream, banks would just shift from fiat to crypto, and things would keep on going the way they currently do.

That would be acceptable to me. I think the salient point with crypto is a defined max supply. The finite supply makes it so that you can't just print your way out of a crisis. All the other stuff like consumer protection, refunds, escrow, can be built into a coin. With the right kind of governance or smart contracts built into coins, you could automatically have escrow or contracts set up the conditions for a payment. If you're a consumer and want a 30-day money back guarantee, you could opt for a special contract with your payment so those parameters are possible. Basically, it'd be the return & refund policy that a company establishes that is built into the coin as a smart contract. I think some coins will behave like digital cash and I think other coins will be more consumer friendly. There will be different products for different use cases.

ArtByte's direction is not clear so we don't know what the possibilities for this coin will be.

33 minutes ago, AdamsEve said:

That would be acceptable to me. I think the salient point with crypto is a defined max supply. The finite supply makes it so that you can't just print your way out of a crisis. All the other stuff like consumer protection, refunds, escrow, can be built into a coin. With the right kind of governance or smart contracts built into coins, you could automatically have escrow or contracts set up the conditions for a payment. If you're a consumer and want a 30-day money back guarantee, you could opt for a special contract with your payment so those parameters are possible. Basically, it'd be the return & refund policy that a company establishes that is built into the coin as a smart contract. I think some coins will behave like digital cash and I think other coins will be more consumer friendly. There will be different products for different use cases.

ArtByte's direction is not clear so we don't know what the possibilities for this coin will be.

I think Aby fallowing kind of Btc,Ltc way but not exactly same. why i say it bec segwit,Lightning network maybe they might even integrate atomic swap too. i see smart contract will be included. which is good. saw in the roadmap that Aby forum evant. will transform to Full social media. which will be great for Aby.

And I belive also Banks/goverm. will adopt CC. but how? cant say really but we will see how it will happen. and true u can integrate new tech(consumer protection,refunds etc..) to Crpyto currency.

Maybe, it is also possible that CC and fiat will co exist in the future. another possibilty govern. will create their own CC and replace cash. that would be ok too bec u could just trade between CC and Gov.CC too.

Honestly I don't see banks adopting deflanatory currency such as pretty much every crypto out there. On a personal level I'm not even interested in how banks would be included, but I understand that the grand majority of people simply can't bear the same responsibilities, so banks are not exactly going anywhere - and for them crypto offers really not that many benefits to be a sensible option in the first place.

On 4-5-2018 at 1:30 PM, Cahoot said:

Honestly I don't see banks adopting deflanatory currency such as pretty much every crypto out there. On a personal level I'm not even interested in how banks would be included, but I understand that the grand majority of people simply can't bear the same responsibilities, so banks are not exactly going anywhere - and for them crypto offers really not that many benefits to be a sensible option in the first place.

yes true, if they would try probably if not deffo, would financiel system collapse u cant use deflanatory (like CC could pump or dump everyday) currency for everyday trading/shoping/wages 

as i see atm. blockchain will be adopted for its service and people will trade the coins. which is actually fine. what would i like to see actually  banks are accepting CC that would be great. think u can cash out and store with banks what about that?

3 hours ago, sevko33 said:

yes true, if they would try probably if not deffo, would financiel system collapse u cant use deflanatory (like CC could pump or dump everyday) currency for everyday trading/shoping/wages 

as i see atm. blockchain will be adopted for its service and people will trade the coins. which is actually fine. what would i like to see actually  banks are accepting CC that would be great. think u can cash out and store with banks what about that?

While the blockchain technology has its uses, so far grand majority of the projects out there offer nothing a database, centralized or otherwise, wouldn't do much more efficiently anyway, so I reckon that cryptocurrency will be the next "dotcom bubble" in the sense that it'll keep on growing without any real merit, and after it really crashes within the next decade we will see which projects actually have some substance to make it through that.

7 hours ago, Cahoot said:

While the blockchain technology has its uses, so far grand majority of the projects out there offer nothing a database, centralized or otherwise, wouldn't do much more efficiently anyway, so I reckon that cryptocurrency will be the next "dotcom bubble" in the sense that it'll keep on growing without any real merit, and after it really crashes within the next decade we will see which projects actually have some substance to make it through that.

i cant really compare it with dotcom buble but i know what you mean .lets see what happens. and what will blockchain will bring up and how much will be used.

On 5/11/2018 at 5:00 AM, sevko33 said:

i cant really compare it with dotcom buble but i know what you mean .lets see what happens. and what will blockchain will bring up and how much will be used.

I'm not really comparing them, but the underlying principle (lots of projects/companies riding on hype of new technology without any real use case for it sprouting up, doomed to fail) is exactly the same. Blockchain has its uses, but for many things it offers absolutely no benefits, as for example it's inherently slower than a centralized database, and decentralization is just not needed everywhere. We already see ICO's from year ago failing to deliver en masse.

6 hours ago, Cahoot said:

I'm not really comparing them, but the underlying principle (lots of projects/companies riding on hype of new technology without any real use case for it sprouting up, doomed to fail) is exactly the same. Blockchain has its uses, but for many things it offers absolutely no benefits, as for example it's inherently slower than a centralized database, and decentralization is just not needed everywhere. We already see ICO's from year ago failing to deliver en masse.

Ico's they are like pop ups and in my opinion they are hurting the CC market. anyway(if i understood correct) i think u are saying that CC is a buble and will fail bec of hype and no real usage and even it is not necessary bec centralized database faster. i will disagree.

Lets look at centralised systeem.

Centralized system has alot of bugs and people being riped of by banks while we need the banks(atm we dont have another choice). so its not working perfect for people but for government and rich people its working perfect.

Crpyto not so decantralised anymore, here in europa and rest of the world catching up. exchange platforms have to register users and when asked they can give ur all trading movements. and when u pass certain limits (with ur totaal savings) u have to pay tax.

Atm banks are paying almost nothing back to u while they are using ur money. (almost 0% interest here in EU) it is not fair. and other investing options are made diffuclt. if u want to buy gold or other currencies u have to call bank/company than u pay and would take couple days before u can have them (most case it is still virtual bec thats what they offer )and when u want to sell it u pay alot of commisions. 

I think i could say many more things but will stop here.  both worlds have their problems and solutions. CC facing fud/scam problems atm and hope exchanges will be carefull about listing ico's or any other scam coins. (atm they list almost anything ) there will be problems but solution will come with it.(on the way ofc someone/many will get hurt) nothing is easy.

16 hours ago, sevko33 said:

Ico's they are like pop ups and in my opinion they are hurting the CC market. anyway(if i understood correct) i think u are saying that CC is a buble and will fail bec of hype and no real usage and even it is not necessary bec centralized database faster. i will disagree.

Lets look at centralised systeem.

Centralized system has alot of bugs and people being riped of by banks while we need the banks(atm we dont have another choice). so its not working perfect for people but for government and rich people its working perfect.

Crpyto not so decantralised anymore, here in europa and rest of the world catching up. exchange platforms have to register users and when asked they can give ur all trading movements. and when u pass certain limits (with ur totaal savings) u have to pay tax.

Atm banks are paying almost nothing back to u while they are using ur money. (almost 0% interest here in EU) it is not fair. and other investing options are made diffuclt. if u want to buy gold or other currencies u have to call bank/company than u pay and would take couple days before u can have them (most case it is still virtual bec thats what they offer )and when u want to sell it u pay alot of commisions. 

I think i could say many more things but will stop here.  both worlds have their problems and solutions. CC facing fud/scam problems atm and hope exchanges will be carefull about listing ico's or any other scam coins. (atm they list almost anything ) there will be problems but solution will come with it.(on the way ofc someone/many will get hurt) nothing is easy.

Well, pretty much everything is a bubble, so that's pretty much a moot point :) It's more about the size of the (unsustainable) bubble that I'm "worried" about.

I'm also from the EU, and I know that things are not as bleak as you paint them to be, and do you really think that having nobody pay taxes would be progress? Also, your average people will never be able to handle their own finances without some sort of a backing (i.e., a bank), so even if fiat was to be somehow displaced, banks you just switch to keeping the crypto of their customers, which is pretty much the exact opposite point of payment crypto's.

Also it's true that life is not fair, but at least you have the chance to make personally beneficial decisions about it.

7 hours ago, Cahoot said:

Well, pretty much everything is a bubble, so that's pretty much a moot point :) It's more about the size of the (unsustainable) bubble that I'm "worried" about.

I'm also from the EU, and I know that things are not as bleak as you paint them to be, and do you really think that having nobody pay taxes would be progress? Also, your average people will never be able to handle their own finances without some sort of a backing (i.e., a bank), so even if fiat was to be somehow displaced, banks you just switch to keeping the crypto of their customers, which is pretty much the exact opposite point of payment crypto's.

Also it's true that life is not fair, but at least you have the chance to make personally beneficial decisions about it.

without tax we wouldnt get any service you cant sustain government without it. here when you get certain point with ur saving u have to pay tax (dont matter u have gold or CC).

Btw if go to basic than u can call almost all currencys as buble if nothing backing it up. (know there is plenty examples:)) and what is diomand or gold? just material but it has buyers and sellers so as long as people wants to trade CC than no fear ofc it will move up and down. and i think bubble already burst when Btc fall 20k to 6.5k. maybe this will repeat itself it might go much more higher than burst again and repeat but on the way it will add more value and people(traders/hodlers will make money and ofc some will loose too).

Fiat dosent have to be replaced. what would be nice that banks are accepting CC too as internet currency (like dolar,euro etc...)

16 hours ago, sevko33 said:

Fiat dosent have to be replaced. what would be nice that banks are accepting CC too as internet currency (like dolar,euro etc...)

Which is completely counter to the very reason crypto exists in the first place, which is to take the power away from banks. If banks were to accept crypto (and I do believe that they will, if crypto ever actually becomes a real mean of payment), we'd just be back to square one, as crypto offers basically zero benefits over "regular" digital currency when you have a central instance controlling it.

2 hours ago, Cahoot said:

Which is completely counter to the very reason crypto exists in the first place, which is to take the power away from banks. If banks were to accept crypto (and I do believe that they will, if crypto ever actually becomes a real mean of payment), we'd just be back to square one, as crypto offers basically zero benefits over "regular" digital currency when you have a central instance controlling it.

true, but that dosent mean it will happen or when it is goin to happen if ever. there are plenty examples in the history that people trying to invent something and they end up with something else (also something new)it is not black and white and about zero benefits if CC would stay like this as it is now. it has still benefits.a couple of example i can think of now; like u and i can trade it plus i could send money almost instantly to someone in other country without hassle cheaper, faster. (if u familar with sepa it can take day).