Jump to content
Admin

Artist Profile Pages, tips & selling work for ArtBytes

Recommended Posts

As our Roadmap says, during this year we are developing free Artist Profile pages that include the ability for artists to receive tips and sell work for ArtBytes. The profile pages will include galleries for each artist, allowing them to upload images, audio, and video files.

Artists typically pay $5 - $30 per month for profile pages on art related sites. We are pleased to offer them for free, sponsored by the ArtByte Foundation.

In addition to being free, the ArtByte artist profile pages will give the artists the ability to receive tips and sell work for ArtBytes.

 

We can do this one of two ways, and we would like to hear the thoughts of the community.

One way would be like we do on the ArtByte Music Store, which allows anyone with an ArtByte wallet to immediately tip or purchase by clicking on the "Tip" or "Buy" button.

Then a screen like this would pop up as it does on the ArtByte Music Store.

XxQBWepl.png

You then either cut & paste the artist's ArtByte address into your personal Wallet or scan it, enter the amount (if it is a tip) and send the ABY from your wallet.

 

The other way it could be done is to have a separate wallet for use with the profiles, like we do with Twitter or Reddit tipping.

In that case, both the artist's wallet and the fan's wallet are on a separate server (like on our Twitter or Reddit tipping wallets). Done this way, all a fan would need to do is click a button and enter the amount, which would be automatically sent.

This way however causes an artist to need yet another wallet. In addition to a Twitter wallet, Reddit wallet, and personal wallet, like we now have, they would add a Profile wallet.

 

What are your opinions on the best way to setup the Profiles?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Admin said:

As our Roadmap says, during this year we are developing free Artist Profile pages that include the ability for artists to receive tips and sell work for ArtBytes. The profile pages will include galleries for each artist, allowing them to upload images, audio, and video files.

Artists typically pay $5 - $30 per month for profile pages on art related sites. We are pleased to offer them for free, sponsored by the ArtByte Foundation.

In addition to being free, the ArtByte artist profile pages will give the artists the ability to receive tips and sell work for ArtBytes.

 

We can do this one of two ways, and we would like to hear the thoughts of the community.

One way would be like we do on the ArtByte Music Store, which allows anyone with an ArtByte wallet to immediately tip or purchase by clicking on the "Tip" or "Buy" button.

Then a screen like this would pop up as it does on the ArtByte Music Store.

XxQBWepl.png

You then either cut & paste the artist's ArtByte address into your personal Wallet or scan it, enter the amount (if it is a tip) and send the ABY from your wallet.

 

The other way it could be done is to have a separate wallet for use with the profiles, like we do with Twitter or Reddit tipping.

In that case, both the artist's wallet and the fan's wallet are on a separate server (like on our Twitter or Reddit tipping wallets). Done this way, all a fan would need to do is click a button and enter the amount, which would be automatically sent.

This way however causes an artist to need yet another wallet. In addition to a Twitter wallet, Reddit wallet, and personal wallet, like we now have, they would add a Profile wallet.

 

What are your opinions on the best way to setup the Profiles?

 

 

Firstly, I want to appreciate the great work this team is doing to drive this project forward. 

I think I'll go with the first method which gives you a wide range of options to pay or tip your favorite artist, through wallets or directly from exchange without a fan necessarily registering on the site. As for me, the first method is good but let's hear the view of others. Thumbs-up once again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Adedunmola said:

Firstly, I want to appreciate the great work this team is doing to drive this project forward. 

I think I'll go with the first method which gives you a wide range of options to pay or tip your favorite artist, through wallets or directly from exchange without a fan necessarily registering on the site. As for me, the first method is good but let's hear the view of others. Thumbs-up once again. 

To me I will go with the first option too.thums-up admin keep up the good works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The best option really depends on the details of how each way will work.

Is it possible to offer both choices, let us test and then give feedback?

Is the buyer allowed to download when payment enters the mempool or do they have to wait until 1 confirmation?

Can buyer re-download music if a download is lost?

Option 1 doesn't require registration which means no barrier to entry other than having ABY in a wallet.

Option 2 requires registration and funding the wallet. More barriers to buying music. Registration barrier could be minimized if you give an incentive like 100 ABY for registering (essentially first song free). But then you still have to add funds from the wallet. Then the artist has to withdraw otherwise they risk losing the funds if there ever is a hack. You could have a daily auto sweep for artists, but that's more programming. If you don't have this, then the website becomes a target for hackers as the ABY stored increases over time. 

So, option 1 clearly has far fewer risks and setup required. You're just a middleman and content host. The transaction is p2p and you're not involved with holding the bag ever. It also looks good for the ABY network because transactions are flowing constantly instead of in a tip bot where you don't see the p2p transactions. p2p volume could be a marketing point which you currently can't do with the tip bots. You also have less programming required for option 1 vs option 2.

So, overall, option 1 seems easiest, and secure. 

p.s. I hope you have SEO thought out as well, so you can get organic referrals from search engines through artist bio text, song comments, maybe even purchase history dates (or song download counts), etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first option seems a lot more sensible for the site as of right now without a "however" attached to its capabilities.

However...  I do like the one click and done portion of the second option, just not the extra wallet setups for artists and fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

definitely the first option is better, many users are very lazy will not once again.    bother , besides the first option is visually understandable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2018 at 4:51 PM, Gates said:

definitely the first option is better, many users are very lazy will not once again.    bother , besides the first option is visually understandable

There would really be no difference in the front end, as you could just replace the wallet address, it's more about the inner workings on the system. But  also agree that the first option would be friendlier to the users, so that one should be chosen when going forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×