Admin

Gross violation of Reddit tipping rules, banned account

It seems there is always someone who tries to scam the system.

We had a user on Reddit setup 20 new Reddit account and tweet "I support artists". Which violates the rule that Reddit accounts have to be at least 90 days old and must have at least 10 karma.

Then he proceeded to tip his own fake accounts. Obviously no bonuses were paid.

The user name was named "Trandoductin" on both Reddit and this forum. His account has been permanently banned on all ArtByte sites.

i hope u could also block his IP adres too.  i would say why people do such a thing than answer is greed. shame though. this happend if i m not wrong with Artbyte faucet too and it was also not good bec faucet helped/get started new comers too. i must say you done good job to block/catch the scamer. 

45 minutes ago, AdamsEve said:

That's too bad. I hope it was a misunderstanding of how the system works and nothing malicious.

no,there is rules and regulations to the reddit tipping program,that is malicious act from him,total scam

1 hour ago, hardartbest said:

no,there is rules and regulations to the reddit tipping program,that is malicious act from him,total scam

when someone sets up 20 new accounts bec of wanting extra bonuses than it is simply a scam.

13 hours ago, sevko33 said:

i hope u could also block his IP adres too.  i would say why people do such a thing than answer is greed. shame though. this happend if i m not wrong with Artbyte faucet too and it was also not good bec faucet helped/get started new comers too. i must say you done good job to block/catch the scamer. 

The problem about blocking an IP address is that it's very regular that loads of people share the same NAT'ed addresses because this lets ISP's save on the amount of granted addresses, so it's very likely that the practice would only hurt those who have nothing to do with the spam. And besides, someone running bots will probably have loads of proxies in use anyways, given how cheap proxies are, so you'd probably not end up doing much more than slowing them for a while.

2 hours ago, Cahoot said:

The problem about blocking an IP address is that it's very regular that loads of people share the same NAT'ed addresses because this lets ISP's save on the amount of granted addresses, so it's very likely that the practice would only hurt those who have nothing to do with the spam. And besides, someone running bots will probably have loads of proxies in use anyways, given how cheap proxies are, so you'd probably not end up doing much more than slowing them for a while.

i have read about it now, and indeed its not really an option anymore. 

9 hours ago, sevko33 said:

i have read about it now, and indeed its not really an option anymore. 

Russie tried to block Telegram by blocking many IPs addresses used by other companies using Amazon and Google Cloud. Still Telegram in Russia works. 

20 hours ago, sevko33 said:

when someone sets up 20 new accounts bec of wanting extra bonuses than it is simply a scam.

Sorry, I missed that part about 20 new accounts. For some reason, I read 2 new accounts yesterday. Yes, 20 accounts is cheating.

6 minutes ago, AdamsEve said:

Sorry, I missed that part about 20 new accounts. For some reason, I read 2 new accounts yesterday. Yes, 20 accounts is cheating.

i see, if i saw 2 i would think same.:)(i gues even 2 not allowed if i m not wrong but could be a little mistake) i also googled the name "Trandoductin" if its the same person he is a very active person on internet and creative one too. just shame he tried to cheat. i m glad there is a mechanism for this kind of things. so Aby team wont get scamed and its also bad for community too.

16 minutes ago, AdamsEve said:

Russie tried to block Telegram by blocking many IPs addresses used by other companies using Amazon and Google Cloud. Still Telegram in Russia works. 

hmmm sometimes than its a good thing for freedom ( not being able to block ip's ) i must say everything has up and down sides. :)

Where there is no law there is no offence 

But there is rules and regulations for this group and twitter and reddit tips while will someone go ahead and violate the rules it's @admin this is a right step to take per time

12 hours ago, sevko33 said:

i see, if i saw 2 i would think same.:)(i gues even 2 not allowed if i m not wrong but could be a little mistake) i also googled the name "Trandoductin" if its the same person he is a very active person on internet and creative one too. just shame he tried to cheat. i m glad there is a mechanism for this kind of things. so Aby team wont get scamed and its also bad for community too.

I don't think that a scammer would be using their own information, but instead just take someone else's info and run with that, to make them take the blame in the case their scam would get exposed. Many individuals who do these "send me 0.1 ETH, I send you 1 ETH" scams on Twitter do that, impersonate people or brands.

It's depressing to see someone try to scam ArtByte like that when it's all about supporting creative work and people. But this is the Internet, and it's so easy to hide your identity and even your IP address. We should be vigilant and be on the lookout for suspicious behavior in case this person tries to come back. 

6 hours ago, Cahoot said:

I don't think that a scammer would be using their own information, but instead just take someone else's info and run with that, to make them take the blame in the case their scam would get exposed. Many individuals who do these "send me 0.1 ETH, I send you 1 ETH" scams on Twitter do that, impersonate people or brands.

i didnt think like this but u can be right about this and this makes it even worse. if its so than scamer damages a person and trying damage Aby team. i think all we can do watch out and try stop scamers. in this case Aby team done great job together with reddit team.

17 hours ago, sevko33 said:

i didnt think like this but u can be right about this and this makes it even worse. if its so than scamer damages a person and trying damage Aby team. i think all we can do watch out and try stop scamers. in this case Aby team done great job together with reddit team.

Yup. Not saying that it couldn't be this person just being deceiving themselves, but it's probably quite easy to look up their information if they actually are a prominent artist, to see if they've disowned this action completely. Impersonation is probably the older form of running scams, and this is why I never believe anything second-hand I hear about any prominent person, always need to make sure they have actually made those statements themselves.