Admin

Update on Android & Online wallets

Our efforts to upgrade the Android wallet and fix the error -26 issue on the online wallet have been unsuccessful so far. Below is an update on each. We ask all community members to let us know if you can recommend developers and or existing code we can use to fix these issues.

Android wallet upgrade to SegWit

During the first 3 months of this year we have hired two companies to upgrade our Android wallet. Both were established software development companies who claimed to also have Blockchain experience. Neither company was able to do the job and caused us to lose weeks of time in getting this issue fixed.

So we are back to looking for another dev for the Android wallet. If anyone knows some developers with both Android and Blockchain expertise, please let us know.

Online wallet - error 26 issue

This has been a very frustrating issue, as it is intermittent. In testing sometimes we get the error and sometimes not. On our test wallets it works with both small and large transfers 90% of the time. We have had 3 developers look at it, and still no one knows why we get this error sometimes. We have one more developer trying a few things to see if he can fix it.

In the meantime we have been looking at other web wallets. Our current web wallet is based on Coinpunk and is very secure. However Coinpunk is no longer supported, so we are looking for another secure wallet.

If anyone knows of a secure wallet for any other coin, let us know, and we will look at porting it to ArtByte. Or if you know any developers capable of the work, send us their contact info.

Finding a capable blockchain developer is harder than finding a unicorn. In addition there is a lot of competition between different projects.

Sorry I cannot help, but there should be plenty of options for the web wallet.

Good luck!

20 hours ago, AdamsEve said:

Coinomi is also an option. You can have them add ArtByte to Coinomi wallet. 

Contact them here:

https://coinomi.freshdesk.com/support/home

I'll be so happy if we can get artbyte on coinomi. I don't know if @Bushstarhas taken a look at the glitch on both wallet? @Admin

22 minutes ago, Adedunmola said:

Here is another one.... www.cryptonator.com. It has multi asset wallet on both web and android platform. 

Has it been well tested and trusted?

1 hour ago, Cgegege said:

Has it been well tested and trusted?

I personally use cryptonator.com and till now, no issue with them. But I prefer coinomi over cryptonator.com any day. 

Just now, Adedunmola said:

I personally use cryptonator.com and till now, no issue with them. But I prefer coinomi over cryptonator.com any day. 

I also have coinomi,and with the assurance am getting from you,I will use cryotonator as well

On 4/21/2018 at 1:55 AM, segunshow said:

I also have coinomi,and with the assurance am getting from you,I will use cryotonator as well

If you have no problems at all, then why bother changing? All third-party wallets are somewhat of a security risk anyways, so going for a new and more or less untested one over something that has existed for quite a while without any reason to could be very risky idea.

9 hours ago, Cahoot said:

If you have no problems at all, then why bother changing? All third-party wallets are somewhat of a security risk anyways, so going for a new and more or less untested one over something that has existed for quite a while without any reason to could be very risky idea.

Like I said, I've tested both coinomi and cryptonator and to be candid Coinomi is by far better and easy to use than cryptonator. There is nothing wrong if Aby team apply for the two. I don't know what it really entails to get aby added to Coinomi but I'm sure it will be more difficult than cryptonator.