AdamsEve

Free Web / eCommerce shop for Artists to use ABY?

I was thinking to spread usage of ABY, artists that want to sell their art work could receive free online web shops where they can upload products and have it hosted.

They sell using ABY. Much like the music shop on ArtBytes, a free similar free service to sell physical art work or digital art work would be a cool way to make ABY more popular.

If it was digital artwork, it could be completely online with no shipping involved. 

Some requirements:

1) free web hosting - static web site - maybe github pages, or other web pages that offer free hosting

2) shopping cart - either a free service, or a javascript based shopping cart

3) subscription billing? maybe a way for artists to receive ongoing support or payment from ABY users on a recurring basis.

4) ability to upload products & description to shopping cart or a way to add products from the artists. we'd need a web page that would do this, or a windows program that could do this for them.

Any thoughts on ways we could spread ABY to other people and artists?

I think this could link back to artists in Nigeria as well.

I think that OpenBazaar (https://www.openbazaar.org/) would be a perfect fir for a project like this. I'm not all that familiar with the system though, but as I understand integrating new payment methods (new cryptocurrencies) is possible, and you could always just manually handle the payments anyways if that's not an option.

On 4/4/2018 at 10:28 AM, AdamsEve said:

I was thinking to spread usage of ABY, artists that want to sell their art work could receive free online web shops where they can upload products and have it hosted.

They sell using ABY. Much like the music shop on ArtBytes, a free similar free service to sell physical art work or digital art work would be a cool way to make ABY more popular.

If it was digital artwork, it could be completely online with no shipping involved. 

Some requirements:

1) free web hosting - static web site - maybe github pages, or other web pages that offer free hosting

2) shopping cart - either a free service, or a javascript based shopping cart

3) subscription billing? maybe a way for artists to receive ongoing support or payment from ABY users on a recurring basis.

4) ability to upload products & description to shopping cart or a way to add products from the artists. we'd need a web page that would do this, or a windows program that could do this for them.

Any thoughts on ways we could spread ABY to other people and artists?

I think this could link back to artists in Nigeria as well.

Good idea. If you look at our Roadmap for this year, you will see:

"Free profile pages for artists, allowing tips & sales of work for ArtBytes"

So we are already working on your suggestion.

12 minutes ago, Admin said:

Good idea. If you look at our Roadmap for this year, you will see:

"Free profile pages for artists, allowing tips & sales of work for ArtBytes"

So we are already working on your suggestion.

I read the road map at one time and I guess it's been circulating around my head on the details. I used to run an ecomm shop years ago. I'm looking at OpenBazaar and thinking of selling widgets... I wonder how one would go about adding ABY as a currency to pay.

On 4/5/2018 at 6:42 AM, Cahoot said:

I think that OpenBazaar (https://www.openbazaar.org/) would be a perfect fir for a project like this. I'm not all that familiar with the system though, but as I understand integrating new payment methods (new cryptocurrencies) is possible, and you could always just manually handle the payments anyways if that's not an option.

Seems out of the box only BTC Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash BCH, and ZCash are accepted. Do you know more about integrating other payment methods?

To give you more details on what we are working on for this, here are some more details.

PHASE I - Free Profile Pages - Artists now pay anywhere from $5 - $30 per month for profiles/galleries on sites promoting the arts.

So phase one of our project is to give them high quality profiles & galleries for free. The web address for each artist's profile will be artbyte.me/artist_name. We believe the combination of free profiles and our active community will bring many new artists to ArtByte and they won't have to understand crypto to get started. We will be offering for free, something they have to pay for now.

PHASE II - The ability to receive tips and sell work for ArtBytes.

On each Artist Profile Page and on each image, audio file, or video, will be a button that fans can use to either tip artists or buy the artists work. Once implemented, this will be a feature on all artists profiles, but new artists will not have to struggle to learn crypto to get started, as they do now. They can start with something they already have and understand - Artist Profile/Gallery Pages. And they can get it for free. As they learn how ArtByte works as a digital currency, they can simply implement the tip and sales feature by getting their ArtByte wallet.

2 hours ago, Admin said:

To give you more details on what we are working on for this, here are some more details.

PHASE I - Free Profile Pages - Artists now pay anywhere from $5 - $30 per month for profiles/galleries on sites promoting the arts.

So phase one of our project is to give them high quality profiles & galleries for free. The web address for each artist's profile will be artbyte.me/artist_name. We believe the combination of free profiles and our active community will bring many new artists to ArtByte and they won't have to understand crypto to get started. We will be offering for free, something they have to pay for now.

On each Artist Profile Page and on each image, audio file, or video, will be a button that fans can use to either tip artists or buy the artists work. Once implemented, this will be a feature on all artists profiles, but new artists will not have to struggle to learn crypto to get started, as they do now. They can start with something they already have and understand - Artist Profile/Gallery Pages. And they can get it for free. As they learn how ArtByte works as a digital currency, they can simply implement the tip and sales feature by getting their ArtByte wallet.

This is great information, and the kind of messages that i personally expect from ABY Foundation. Something that provides us information that the roadmap is going forward. It would be great if you could share with us somekind of update related to the degree of completition.

3 hours ago, Admin said:

So, this is not part of the forum software being enhanced, but a separate section of ArtByte.me altogether? Some gallery images are already here, so that what i initially thought was going to happen when you posted this reply...

16 hours ago, AdamsEve said:

So, this is not part of the forum software being enhanced, but a separate section of ArtByte.me altogether? Some gallery images are already here, so that what i initially thought was going to happen when you posted this reply...

Yeah, and it also makes more sense to not use the forum for that, as it's not really designed for such in the first place. Something akin to Bandcamp (although not just for music) is something that many could make use of, and I see that as a great and relatively easy to implement solution that would benefit artists of all kinds!

21 hours ago, AdamsEve said:

We felt the forum profiles/galleries did not provide all the features we wanted. And we wanted to give the artists an artbyte.me/artist_name domain to use. The forum will be eventually rolled into the main site.

43 minutes ago, Admin said:

We felt the forum profiles/galleries did not provide all the features we wanted. And we wanted to give the artists an artbyte.me/artist_name domain to use. The forum will be eventually rolled into the main site.

ANY idea how long it will take before rolling out phase one. The idea is a top notch and it will make artbyte more popular. 

On 4/8/2018 at 2:34 AM, Adedunmola said:

ANY idea how long it will take before rolling out phase one. The idea is a top notch and it will make artbyte more popular. 

It's usually pretty hard to give any sort of solid timeframe for massive upgrades like that, so they probably have no other idea than Q-something of maybe this year anyways :) But it's indeed a great direction to take, and will most likely help ABY grow even more with easier adoption for artists!