Sign in to follow this  
Cahoot

Any miniature / model kit builders here?

Yesterday I was just messing around on eBay and managed to come across some militaria model kits from Revell and the likes, and kinda got interested in the idea of purchasing some and building them myself. But that got me wondering if we have some miniature / model kit artists with us on the forums here? I would like to see your work!

On 3/31/2018 at 8:04 PM, hj27 said:

Maybe 3d printing is also interesting here.

Could also be, I can easily see those two going hand-in-hand - especially if one was able to use CAD or some other software to create everything from scratch themselves! However I think that 3D printers, while having gone down a lot in price, are still expensive enough that it's not really all that easy to justify buying one. Maybe for $100-200, but I don't think that we're there just yet.

7 hours ago, Cahoot said:

Could also be, I can easily see those two going hand-in-hand - especially if one was able to use CAD or some other software to create everything from scratch themselves! However I think that 3D printers, while having gone down a lot in price, are still expensive enough that it's not really all that easy to justify buying one. Maybe for $100-200, but I don't think that we're there just yet.

My father in law has 3 different 3D printers. He really loves tinkering with them. 

Excuse me, I don't want to go off-topic.

17 hours ago, hj27 said:

My father in law has 3 different 3D printers. He really loves tinkering with them. 

Excuse me, I don't want to go off-topic.

And I don't know anyone who has one, so I guess on average... ;)

And I don't think that it's too much offtopic, as like you said these two can really be intertwined in many ways!