Sounds interesting! What sort of a background have you already managed to come up with? I reckon that all the images have some sort of inspiration / story behind them that ties them to your world?

The Gas giants are Chromium(Black and white) and Jade(Purple and Green). I still haven't named the ringworld, other planets, or the moons of the earth-like planet, though the moon that looks like a green colored mars is bigger than the ice moon.

On 3/31/2018 at 9:22 AM, artmart said:

looks like you use crayon to shade this,its amazing work and i must say that you are talented

Thanks. I like using crayons to get a dream-like effect. And crayon shading is harder than it looks, but the results look awesome.

On 3/31/2018 at 8:46 AM, Cahoot said:

Sounds interesting! What sort of a background have you already managed to come up with? I reckon that all the images have some sort of inspiration / story behind them that ties them to your world?

I already named the Gas Giants(Chromium and Jade), some conglomerates. and one of the major cities in my sci-fi-world(Rainbow City), but not much beyond that. I also did design a lot of vehicles and space stations for the setting. You can add onto this thread if you like.

2 minutes ago, hj27 said:

Names sound excellent.

These planets are inhabited by humans, or also other species?

This is a Human controlled system, but there are other species as well. I never did design them, but you can submit your idea of other species if you want to.

1 hour ago, Rise Comics said:

This is a Human controlled system, but there are other species as well. I never did design them, but you can submit your idea of other species if you want to.

For me it's fine this way. Tell us more about society, please; that's important for scifi style: monarchy with elite, cyberpunk, very futuristic, based on cyberspace...?

31 minutes ago, hj27 said:

For me it's fine this way. Tell us more about society, please; that's important for scifi style: monarchy with elite, cyberpunk, very futuristic, based on cyberspace...?

It is a Cyberpunk inspired system ruled by a representative democracy based on the American Government with Canadian social programs, and is a major hub for intergalactic trade. The system has a total population of 3.5 trillion inhabitants on Epoch(the earth-like planet) and a combined population of 7 trillion. 

Edited by Rise Comics
Numerical error.

What's the end goal? Are you creating a comic book or a story or is this something even more ambitious, like a movie script perhaps? Just creating art for the sake of it is good as well, but from my experience many people who go as detailed as this do it with some idea of how they're going to use those building blocks.

What's the role of cryptocurrencies in this society? Is there any change in the concept of today's nation state as we currently now? Is it still valid, or it has grown towards galaxy state sense, or planet state sense, or even independent communities? How many "countries" there are?

Thanks, I have to admit this is interesting...

13 hours ago, Cahoot said:

What's the end goal? Are you creating a comic book or a story or is this something even more ambitious, like a movie script perhaps? Just creating art for the sake of it is good as well, but from my experience many people who go as detailed as this do it with some idea of how they're going to use those building blocks.

I want to write some stories set in this universe. I also wanted to do world building with others because it's fun to look at the ideas people come up with for their worlds.

5 hours ago, hj27 said:

What's the role of cryptocurrencies in this society? Is there any change in the concept of today's nation state as we currently now? Is it still valid, or it has grown towards galaxy state sense, or planet state sense, or even independent communities? How many "countries" there are?

Thanks, I have to admit this is interesting...

At this point, solar systems are like the equivalent of states within a country. Humanity has control over the Milky way in a Democratically elected government similar in style to the American government, but adapted to fit an entire galaxy. The Epoch system is one of many systems, but has a significantly higher population than most systems, including our future solar system. Cryptocurrencies are still in existence, but are much more stable than in our time. Feel free to add onto this thread if you  have any ideas.

13 hours ago, Cahoot said:

I'm planning to write stories in this universe, but I would also like to see others do stories in this universe, like a shared universe type of thing. I did start this for fun, but I am planning on writing more stories set in this world.

Sorry in advance for this post....

Is it really compatible a cyberpunk world (individualistic) with a democratic world.

What are the most important sources of energy?

What people do for living? Most important economic sectors?

Is it homogeneus society or with social inequalities? You talked about Canada, could you explain this better.

What's the role of AI?

What's the role of genetics engineering?

How many year do people live?

How many children do people have? Does nuclear family concept still exist? Does marriage exist? heterosexual - homosexual families?

What are the most important religions? 

What's the power of media?

Do people still have some deep link with Earth, or it is something lost? Is there any people still living on Earth?

On 3/4/2018 at 10:18 PM, Rise Comics said:

Are we talking about other intelligent species, or just animals like ours?

18 hours ago, hj27 said:

Sorry in advance for this post....

Is it really compatible a cyberpunk world (individualistic) with a democratic world.

What are the most important sources of energy?

What people do for living? Most important economic sectors?

Is it homogeneus society or with social inequalities? You talked about Canada, could you explain this better.

What's the role of AI?

What's the role of genetics engineering?

How many year do people live?

How many children do people have? Does nuclear family concept still exist? Does marriage exist? heterosexual - homosexual families?

What are the most important religions? 

What's the power of media?

Do people still have some deep link with Earth, or it is something lost? Is there any people still living on Earth?

Are we talking about other intelligent species, or just animals like ours?

No need to apologise

-  It is a cyberpunk world with a democratic government

- Antimatter, hydrogen, and solar power are some of the most important energy sources

- Society is equivalent to America with a Canadian style healthcare system

- AI are being used in several key sectors

- Genetic Engineering is still a controversial topic concerning children

- The average lifespan is 175 years, some live for 300 years

- LGBT and Heterosexual relationships are both common, with LGBT relationships narrowly outnumbering heterosexual relationships. Marriage is still a thing. People usually have up to 3 kids per family. Interspecies relationships between intelligent species is a common occurrence and isn't frowned upon.

- No religion is more important than other religions

- Media is a powerful weapon in this world

- There are people on Earth, but living costs there are stupidly high

- Other intelligent species reside within Human space, often with the same rights as regular humans. There are also animal species like our own as well.

- The Aerospace, Entertainment, Automobile, and Energy fields are the biggest fields right now in this universe. Epoch itself has a large titanium industry as well.

5 hours ago, Rise Comics said:

It is a cyberpunk world with a democratic government

I have doubts about this one. cyberpunk worlds are related to a high advanced technology with low level living conditions. People is usually individualistic, with resistance to states that are usually controlled by large corporations. Examples: William gibson novels, Blade Runner, some of Neal Stephenson novels, Ready Player One, Daniel Suarez books... All of them (I think excellent examples) involve both: high technology & low level living conditions. They are usually worlds where most of us would not like to live in (this is simply an opinion.... not something to discuss).

It's complex to me to relate these kind of universes to "Society is equivalent to America with a Canadian style healthcare system". Well, I really do not know the details of America nor Canada, but my ideas are different.

Maybe I'm simply wrong. Don't you see a problem here?

AI are being used in several key sectors

How. Does it already have a rol controlling society? Does it govern us? How was the risks related to it controlled?

- No religion is more important than other religions

Are there new ones?

- There are people on Earth, but living costs there are stupidly high

Why?