Admin

New ArtByte website going live today

The new ArtByte website is going live today. Just go the the same link: http://artbyte.me to see it.

Please give it a workout, test the links, check the text, give us your comments on this thread.

We plan to tweak the text based on the input of our users here. NOTE: The big Logo on the right side of the 1st panel will be replaced with an explainer video soon.

I like the navigation changes, makes much more sense. 

I don't know how other feels, but can you please turn off the background animation? It is very distracting...

* Feb 2019 Patron link doesn't work.

* the AMP mobile versions for Google don't work for me... 

* You did a great job integration all the blog posts into ArtByte web site. You can't even tell this is a WordPress web site the way the re-design was done.

* Is tips getting a re-design too? It doesn't fit the rest of the web site any more.

* some of the old blog posts don't have working links any more (https://www.artbyte.me/with-bitcoin-2-0-all-the-rage-when-do-bitcoin-1-0-investments-make-sense/) but that is to be expected.

Overall, well done on the redesign. I took a critical eye, but I really couldn't any issues with the redesign!

I also think that the low-quality (or maybe that's just my internet?) video file is distracting and pretty unnecessary, although that seems to be the current fad in website design. I just find it pretty irritating. At least there's no audio.

Otherwise looks nice and sleek and goes straight to the point. Overall much improved experience!

i must say i liked the new webpage. nicely done. i like the background animation.just little tip maybe play the animation just once than let it freeze i can see some people might find it distracting. anyway Great job. 

Actually, I like basic idea of background animation - but:

1) On my old laptop (1280x800px) looks somehow blurry... Will try on QHD later...
2) I would suggest different "finish" and repeat... instead of repeating from the first frame, I would suggest globe just to continue rotating (look strange when it finishes and goes back to inicital scene... so - initial sceen just for start of animation, after that and full rotation, just continue rotating the Earth... 

Another thing - selection of colors... quite nice... but, I would suggest using some kind of transparency or fading to get lighter red color when I'm over one of six "features" (Made to support.., Supported by the... etc.). On my screen it's just little to strong red background when user hovers/selects it! I understand that red is part of the template, but for background/selection I think some ligther variant would be better.

Since I'm not a native english speaker, I won't make comments on the content and sentences... but that is also quite important for the site.

- - -

I would suggest you to give some credits to AdamsEve (e.g. some ABY credit to the wallet) for checking the links and other things in the same hour you informed about new page... :-)

The site looks sleeky which is good for me.  I want to suggest we have some images of those that have won the 5000aby free Artist showcase entry. As regards the animation,its good that animation remain, it add to the quality of the website.

On 29/3/2018 at 2:01 AM, Admin said:

The new ArtByte website is going live today. Just go the the same link: http://artbyte.me to see it.

Please give it a workout, test the links, check the text, give us your comments on this thread.

We plan to tweak the text based on the input of our users here. NOTE: The big Logo on the right side of the 1st panel will be replaced with an explainer video soon.

better and cooler,i think this new website more match with Artbyte logo,black and have red touch. also futuristic i think. just like new token and coins nowdays,have a video background.

Congrats.

I would also remove the animation.

When lighting "Made to support artist" or "Artbyte Online Music" areas, the size should be kept the same.

On 4/10/2018 at 9:58 PM, ArjenDesign said:

Oh! I've been away for a while (it's been crazy these past months), so this is a really pleasant surprise to come back to! I get excited just looking at that video background. 

Though I too I have been away for sometimes noe but coming to see this is amazing

The opinions on the video background in the first panel have been mixed. Some found it distracting, some liked it. So we have found a less intense video that is hopefully less distracting. And has a long pause before it repeats, to allow users time to read the first panel and move on.

Let us know what you think.

http://artbyte.me

6 hours ago, Admin said:

The opinions on the video background in the first panel have been mixed. Some found it distracting, some liked it. So we have found a less intense video that is hopefully less distracting. And has a long pause before it repeats, to allow users time to read the first panel and move on.

yup,great job,the video get better,and also more aesy to load,different with last time. oh by the way,when excatly segwit gonna happen? i see on website,it happen in this year.

8 hours ago, Admin said:

Personally, I'm satisfied 

7 hours ago, Admin said:

yup,great job,the video get better,and also more aesy to load,different with last time. oh by the way,when excatly segwit gonna happen? i see on website,it happen in this year.