Teis91

I'm reading this book right now...

8 hours ago, Teis91 said:
On 3/19/2018 at 8:59 AM, Adedunmola said:

You can pick the pdf version on the net. Beep me if you need it. 

Please I need it to add more knowledge on my financial education

On 11/03/2018 at 9:27 AM, Teis91 said:

Let's talk about literature in this topic! I'm reading 'Newcomer' from Lojze Kovacic (Slovenian writer) right now. It's about a boy who moves from Basel to Slovenia when WWII breaks out. I'm going to Slovenia this summer for holiday so I wanted to read something about it. What book are you reading right now or what tips do you have regarding literature? 

currently reading a dance with dragons (book 5 of game of thrones)  by George R R Martin. 

On 19/3/2018 at 8:59 AM, Adedunmola said:

You can pick the pdf version on the net. Beep me if you need it. 

Is this already public domain? In any other case it is not a very good practice, in addition considering that this is an art forum.

1 hour ago, hj27 said:

Is this already public domain? In any other case it is not a very good practice, in addition considering that this is an art forum.

Did you check the topic at all before posting this? Never be in a rush to post anything just to boost your post count. 

Maybe its because of where I come from,I need someone to show me or prescribe books I can read about cryptocurrecy,that would add to my knowledge about cryptocurrency

17 hours ago, Adedunmola said:

Did you check the topic at all before posting this? Never be in a rush to post anything just to boost your post count. 

I did, and? That's your explanation?

In this thread you have been offering books without respecting their authors rights. It is not fair to their authors. I find that this is particularly innappropriate in an art forum.

11 minutes ago, hj27 said:

I did, and? That's your explanation?

In this thread you have been offering books without respecting their authors rights. It is not fair to their authors. I find that this is particularly innappropriate in an art forum.

This will be the last time I will comment on this. You're too hasty to come to conclusion and I don't like it. Are you saying there are no pdf online publications authorized by the author that can be downloaded online ? It's better to pass issues that you have little or no understanding of, or better still, ask questions. Peace. 

On 04.04.2018 at 1:04 PM, a4illusionist said:

i prefer movies more then books.. that can grab more of ur interest

not one movie can be compared to a good book. Only your brain can create truly interesting and colorful images

43 minutes ago, Adedunmola said:

This will be the last time I will comment on this. You're too hasty to come to conclusion and I don't like it. Are you saying there are no pdf online publications authorized by the author that can be downloaded online ? It's better to pass issues that you have little or no understanding of, or better still, ask questions. Peace. 

You were talking about the pdf version of the book:
>>You can pick the pdf version on the net. Beep me if you need it. 

I actually asked... and in a quite kind way. However you're accusing me of not having done it:

>> Is this already public domain? In any other case it is not a very good practice, in addition considering that this is an art forum.

And your answer was just accusing me of not reading and pretending to increase my post count:

>> Did you check the topic at all before posting this? Never be in a rush to post anything just to boost your post count. 

Again you say I was hasty and that I did not ask you previously.

So I think you were offering copyrighted materials and you were not kind in this thread with me. In addition you did not read my question before accusing me of looking to boost my post count.

On 4/16/2018 at 9:15 PM, P.E. said:

A good book can stay in my head for a long time, a movie van be forgotten the next day. It triggers a different part of the brain. 

I don't think that it's as black and white as that really, as I can still remember movies from couple decades ago, yet not books I've read a ear ago. I would think that when watching movies it's easier to just do something else at the same time, thus distracting you from the movie, as compared to actually holding a book in your hands.

You are correct. A good movie stays in your head as well, and a bad book can be forgotten. 

But for me, books keep in my head longer then movies. 

Yeah, I reckon that it's pretty subjective thing. Also there are many other mediums for storytelling nowadays, from something as simple as an audio book to video games. Some might consider games being just toys for kids, but in reality many of them easily rival or even pass movies in the depth and quality of their stories.

interesting movies are much smaller than books. I certainly love both books and films, but I've looked all good films for a long time. and the book can be re-read over and over again and you will be interested

Now I'm reading The Bitcoin Standard by Saifedean Ammous. Very interesting reading.

It provides a lot of information about bitcoin characteristics that make it very interesting as a store of value, comparing it with a new gold.

I'm gaining some insights about topics I previously have not really thought about and somehow I was just saying as mottos, not really understanding why.

About the movie/book thing. A lot of times I've seen a movie based on a book and I always liked the book more, because your imagination fills in the gaps.

On 31.05.2018 at 11:00 PM, Teis91 said:

About the movie/book thing. A lot of times I've seen a movie based on a book and I always liked the book more, because your imagination fills in the gaps.

unfortunately you are right. recently released a film on my favorite book "Draft." I was looking forward to the film, I re-read the book 8 times! But the film was terrible. So spoil the masterpiece, it's very sad

Currently in part three of The Passage thrilogy: City of Mirrors.

A serie is created about these books, looking forward to this. But most times books are better than the movie/tv-serie created from it.