Hi,

I would like to share with you some stages of the drawing process of a woman portrait I made with Photoshop

This first image shows the freehand drawing I made using different "black pencils", changing the thickness and intensity to get different tones of greys.

Untitled-1.jpg

I added colour to the background. I start to paint the face too. only using greystones.

Untitled-2.jpg

The grisaille for the face is already made, I got the dark tones, mid tones and the brightest points.

Untitled-3.jpg

Now I give the colour of the skin to the face, painting in a transparent top layer the skin colour I have chosen.

Meisjeweb.jpg

This way of painting emulates the old technique of oil painting created by Master of the Flemish school in the 16th - 17th centuries.

On 2/22/2018 at 6:47 PM, J.VandePerre said:

Hi,

I would like to share with you some stages of the drawing process of a woman portrait I made with Photoshop

This first image shows the freehand drawing I made using different "black pencils", changing the thickness and intensity to get different tones of greys.

Untitled-1.jpg

I added colour to the background. I start to paint the face too. only using greystones.

Untitled-2.jpg

The grisaille for the face is already made, I got the dark tones, mid tones and the brightest points.

Untitled-3.jpg

Now I give the colour of the skin to the face, painting in a transparent top layer the skin colour I have chosen.

Meisjeweb.jpg

This way of painting emulates the old technique of oil painting created by Master of the Flemish school in the 16th - 17th centuries.

Thanks for the tip.... Kudos