Hello, everyone.

My name is Andrew Pydynkowski, and I create traditional and digital art along with some work in areas of graphic design such as logos.  I am from central Minnesota, and graduated from college with a BFA in 2D Studio Art, but plan on going back for a Mixed Media or Graphic Design BFA followed up with an MFA eventually... hopefully.  Most of what I used to make was random at the best of times; my main problem being I prefer to switch around my mediums and styles in which I work.  My senior review professor said my studio looked like it was shared by 10 different artists, which is a nice double-edged sword of a phrase.

Currently most of my art is made at the request of others, and I have lacked the motivation to create on my own time for my own purposes.  After college I have been out of the loop from any real artist community and it has added to the things that hinder my work.  Hopefully being part of a good artist community again such as here on these forums can allow me to build up some inspiration and confidence, and to in turn give the same back to others.  So I look forward to talking shop and more with everyone on their artwork.

You can check out some of my work here at my website.

Thanks for taking the time to read and I hope to see you all around.

Wallet: AQrmFhCxQ8NBmnwSVpgFyJUTJ8ptABdJvo

mftfXoZ.jpg

On 2/11/2018 at 3:05 PM, Monkopotamus said:

Hello, everyone.

My name is Andrew Pydynkowski, and I create traditional and digital art along with some work in areas of graphic design such as logos.  I am from central Minnesota, and graduated from college with a BFA in 2D Studio Art, but plan on going back for a Mixed Media or Graphic Design BFA followed up with an MFA eventually... hopefully.  Most of what I used to make was random at the best of times; my main problem being I prefer to switch around my mediums and styles in which I work.  My senior review professor said my studio looked like it was shared by 10 different artists, which is a nice double-edged sword of a phrase.

Currently most of my art is made at the request of others, and I have lacked the motivation to create on my own time for my own purposes.  After college I have been out of the loop from any real artist community and it has added to the things that hinder my work.  Hopefully being part of a good artist community again such as here on these forums can allow me to build up some inspiration and confidence, and to in turn give the same back to others.  So I look forward to talking shop and more with everyone on their artwork.

mftfXoZ.jpg

Nice work, you're welcome.

On 2/11/2018 at 3:05 PM, Monkopotamus said:

Hello, everyone.

mftfXoZ.jpg

Your work is nice in its simplicity, Kudos to you.

I'll update this with some work not shown on my site.

For example, this 14lb Gummy Anvil I made some years back, made from a latex mold of an old rusty anvil and the molten deaths of hundreds of gummy bears.

Like I said, a wide variety of creations.

07jRgD2.jpg

6 hours ago, Monkopotamus said:

I'll update this with some work not shown on my site.

For example, this 14lb Gummy Anvil I made some years back, made from a latex mold of an old rusty anvil and the molten deaths of hundreds of gummy bears.

Like I said, a wide variety of creations.

07jRgD2.jpg

I do not understand, is it a figure from latex? And here are sticky bears?

I created a mold by putting a latex coating around an old anvil then removing it from the anvil's surface, leaving the latex with all of the surface details.  I then set up the latex in a plaster and wooden framed support mold, and melted some gummy candy and poured it into the mold to cool.  After removing the latex from that, I was left with the 14 pound cast of a sticky candy in the form of the anvil.

The purpose was to take an existing object and recast it as something to change how it functions from it's original purpose.  So in this case a hard steel anvil was changed into something soft and sticky and useless for metal working, other than maybe as a snack between hammer swings.

10 hours ago, Monkopotamus said:

The most recent piece I made.

My sister wanted something/anything I made, to have on a shirt as she travels overseas in a few weeks.  So I made this for her.

KvnKbtE.png

This one is deffo. nice,funny and done pro. great work

On 11.2.2018 at 3:05 PM, Monkopotamus said:

Hello, everyone.

mftfXoZ.jpg

I like that painting. Simple yet beautiful. Welcome to the forum.