truonghai

Confiruge mining ABY with cpuminer in zpool.ca

17 hours ago, spsbyter said:

Thanks! That means it is much more "cheaper" to buy it at present prices than to spend hash power mining ABY! 

Where can we get details about total amount of ABYs currently mined and total available? (Just to see how many more can be mined... How many do the dev/admins hold for purposes of providing bonuses and other free ABYs for community?)

Finally, that high difficulty and not profitable mining makes it much more attractive for the market... while bonuses allow community to get bigger. It is only not so attractive for miners.

At the moment, as far as I know, about 796 million aby are mined, there will be 1 billion of them, out of this amount.   two hundred and fifty million development funds aby

10 hours ago, Gates said:

At the moment, as far as I know, about 796 million aby are mined, there will be 1 billion of them, out of this amount.   two hundred and fifty million development funds aby

In that case, since only 1/4 is to be mined, difficulty is reasonable... the only thing that would probably make it more "dispersive" would be some ASIC resistant algorithm. But, it's what it is.

15 hours ago, Gates said:

At sayingment, as far as I know, ab out 796 million aby are mined, there will be 1 billion of them, out of this amount.   two hundred and fifty million development funds aby

Are you sure of what you are sayong

On 2/16/2018 at 2:11 PM, segunshow said:

Especially in part of Africa.where there is no constant power supply 

This is one of the reasons while mining has to be a large scale operation, as not only will you need massive warehouses to store all your equipment, you'll also need stable and secure electricity, and for that you will need your own backup generators and massive artillery of USP batteries to keep everything running until you get your generators online. Definitely in six figures these projects.

13 hours ago, Gates said:

.I think that I'm right.

Yes you are. Here's what's listed in the BitcoinTalk announcement thread for ABY:

Technical Specification

Algorithm: Scrypt
Target of maintaining approximately 1,000,000,000 AppleBytes
Block Time: 120 Seconds
Difficulty Retarget Time: DGW2
Automatic Checkpointing
DNS Seeds
Halves approx. every two years

Approx. 1 billion total coins, plus 0.5% inflation after year 8

Block 1-1250: - 25% to fund the AppleByte Foundation
Block 1,251 — 500,000: 800
Block 500,001 — 1,000,000: 400
Block 1,000,001 — 1,500,000: 200
Block 1,500,001 — 2,000,000: 100
Block > 2,000,001: 20: Approx. 0.005% per year

You can check the full thread here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=503131.0

This is the first topic I clicked on after joining.

A good tutorial about mining seems hard to find.

I spent at least an hour today on youtube trying to figure it out.

Hopefully someone who is experienced will come along and shed some light 

or post a good link.

I finally got a bit closer to mining.

I used this link  

Then I clicked on one of the pools. They all have instructions. You have to sort things out from there.

Maybe there is a video out there also.

On 2/5/2018 at 7:06 AM, truonghai said:

Confiruge mining ABY with cpuminer in zpool.ca

Step1: Download cpuminer

Step2: Edit pool, local, port, walllet address

Step3: Mining

you have to use an asic if you want to mine ABY. I'd stay away from zpool. They do conversion to BTC on altcoins, but have heard some odd stuff going on with conversion favoring pool not miner by big percentages.

1 minute ago, a4illusionist said:

Is it possible to mine Artbytes on CPU or laptop ? i mean there is a miner option in the wallet, can it be used and what are the fields to be filled with ?

It's a waste of time mate, and you are also putting your lappy at a great risk. 

11 minutes ago, a4illusionist said:

Is it possible to mine Artbytes on CPU or laptop ? i mean there is a miner option in the wallet, can it be used and what are the fields to be filled with ?

Possible on a technical level, complete waste of time, money and resources on a practical level. Mining is not something that you should consider doing even if you did have a pretty beefy gaming PC with high-end graphics card, because even then the profits are negligible at best.

8 minutes ago, a4illusionist said:

But i can't afford GPU's :(

You can't mine ArtByte with GPU either. It is only ASIC now. That'll run you about $850 USD for 504 Mh/s using about 800W of electricity. It is also very noisy.

If you want to mine with CPU, DM me and we can talk privately.

ZOE    2
On 2/16/2018 at 4:33 PM, Jemmy said:

I know of someone mining in Lagos. Its profitable but not with CPU sha o

Can you link one up with that person