AdamsEve

How to spend ABY offline

Interesting article about "smart notes". It is an offline way to pay for stuff via crypto.

It sounds like an encrypted way to transfer paper wallets between people.

https://hackernoon.com/these-smart-banknotes-could-bring-crypto-to-the-masses-4be57bcca1c7

1*F6An0D8LaTHRirg6Hv3kUw.png

I put 100 ABY in this "paper wallet" - first person to import the privatekey and sweep to your own address gets to keep it. 

image.thumb.png.9fd03531e06012ad5a4cc91fd9519a91.png

65PCXz1sgjeNBFxbhcdYEZAdu6593b5KaJw3UMNAFFmwaMk6ZuK

28 minutes ago, AdamsEve said:

Interesting article about "smart notes". It is an offline way to pay for stuff via crypto.

It sounds like an encrypted way to transfer paper wallets between people.

https://hackernoon.com/these-smart-banknotes-could-bring-crypto-to-the-masses-4be57bcca1c7

1*F6An0D8LaTHRirg6Hv3kUw.png

I put 100 ABY in this "paper wallet" - first person to import the privatekey and sweep to your own address gets to keep it. 

image.thumb.png.9fd03531e06012ad5a4cc91fd9519a91.png

65PCXz1sgjeNBFxbhcdYEZAdu6593b5KaJw3UMNAFFmwaMk6ZuK

Hello AdamsEve. worked like charm.  it was 90 aby + 10 aby  Thank you very much. :-)

2 minutes ago, Omotolacrown said:

Please explain more,I seem don't understand 

u need to open ur wallet debug console than unlock ur wallet (if its locked) than use command importprivatekey enter the key or copy paste than just enter (privatekey ..................... than just enter)

2 hours ago, sevko33 said:

Hello AdamsEve. worked like charm.  it was 90 aby + 10 aby  Thank you very much. :-)

Remember you need to transfer the ABY away from that address. Otherwise, someone else can import the private key and send it to another address. So far, no one has sweeped it out of that address.

My point is that paper wallets can be a good promotional tool for ABY because it introduces people to ABY. 

10 hours ago, AdamsEve said:

Remember you need to transfer the ABY away from that address. Otherwise, someone else can import the private key and send it to another address. So far, no one has sweeped it out of that address.

My point is that paper wallets can be a good promotional tool for ABY because it introduces people to ABY. 

i just sent it to another adres(spend it). bec couldnt find sweep option in artbyte wallet. that should do the trick if i m right. yes indeed paperwallets can be good promotional and some people use it already. smartbanknotes can be used widely in near future.  just one question about smartbanknotes if or when bitcoin/altcoin hardforks will it be a problem for smartbanknotes?

I think that this is a bit pointless idea, because you need to have online connectivity to check the validity of that card anyways, so might as well just send the funds. After all, who's to say that the previous owner of the card hasn't copied the private key from it? Maybe you could make that like a scratch card, but then it's just starting to become a chose for the person accepting these...