Admin

ArtByte is halving in 5 weeks or so

56 minutes ago, SmartEarner said:

I doubt I have answer to that other than u never stated these infos are contained in the link, but now u say so I will do that 

North America
HolyBitcoin - 84 USD + shipping - use coupon code 2TheMoon
ASICPuppy - 84 USD + shipping

Europe and surrounding countries - Bitshopper.de: 84 EUR + shipping. EU pricing covers all import and sales taxes, and certifications required to sell electronics in EU. 

Asia - klintay/Eyeboot: 89 USD + shipping

South Africa - Bitmart: 1,300.00 Rand

Australia/New Zealand - bittawm: 89 USD + shipping

This is a good way to learn about mining. 

I use multipool.us to mine ArtByte (ABY) sometimes. As circulating supply becomes more scarce, I think the price will go up. Same behavior as LiteCoin last year.

3 hours ago, AdamsEve said:

North America
HolyBitcoin - 84 USD + shipping - use coupon code 2TheMoon
ASICPuppy - 84 USD + shipping

Europe and surrounding countries - Bitshopper.de: 84 EUR + shipping. EU pricing covers all import and sales taxes, and certifications required to sell electronics in EU. 

Asia - klintay/Eyeboot: 89 USD + shipping

South Africa - Bitmart: 1,300.00 Rand

Australia/New Zealand - bittawm: 89 USD + shipping

In Europe everything is out of stock. It's incredible the level of demand.

Did someone make a calculation how many ABYs daily can be mined with current diff with one Moonlander 2?

I usually do some checks on whattomine.com - coins section... but ABY is not listed there...

I did found some outdated calculator... but it doesn't look to be so profitable (got almost a year of Return of Investment...). Again, outdated + not sure if that all is correct.

On 13.02.2018 at 4:48 PM, SmartEarner said:

Pls how and where do I obtain some of these mining equipments?

look on the Internet. there are special firms selling asic. so on the American ebuy they should be prodigious. but note that the payback period of such equipment will be about 6 months depending on the price of electricity

38 minutes ago, Gates said:

look on the Internet. there are special firms selling asic. so on the American ebuy they should be prodigious. but note that the payback period of such equipment will be about 6 months depending on the price of electricity

I pay $0.20 kW/h so electricity is very expensive. I may pay more if I use a lot of electricity and go to Tier 2 pricing. I thought of buying Antminer L3+ but so noisy. I ended up buying some Moonlander2 but 3-4 Mh/s per USB stick isn't a lot of hashing power for ABY. I would rarely be able to solve a block on my own. 

22 minutes ago, SmartEarner said:

Thats a long time 6months

I really don't know if it makes sense to discuss an specific roi of x months, of it is a long/short time. It totally depends on the price of the coin you're mining, and you know that prices fluctuate a lot. With the 6 months example:

• If price goes up 100%, return of investment is in 3 months.
  • If price goes down 50%, return of investment is in 12 months.

The type of questions that from my point of view make sense are:

• How is my total investment in crypto more valuable? 100% invested in direct buy of crytocurrencies? 100% invested in mining equipment? A combination?
    • This is related to the roi question, but the aim is different.
  • Investing in mining equipment diversifies my investment and reduces my risk?
    • For example, I was thinking in the end of december to buy a mining rig with part of my gains. I did not do it, and during january I have lost a significant part of my gains. If I had bought it I would have a physical asset that would produce sustained gains
  • Any other?

10 hours ago, Coinbiz said:

i will really like to know this as well . I can even buy 20. Anyone with a link or sort off should pls help.

Wow. could you share that info of the 20 miners?

On 2/13/2018 at 7:52 PM, Cgegege said:

So what you're really saying is that its 50/50%,it may cause artbyte to grow,or fall in value

More like 33/33/33 with "or nothing might happen" ;)

But yes, from what I've seen with other coins' halvings in the past it's not some magic trick to make the value skyrocket. Kinda in the same way as getting listed to a new exchange doesn't mean that the price would grow tenfold overnight, unlike surprisingly many people believe.

15 hours ago, AdamsEve said:

I pay $0.20 kW/h so electricity is very expensive. I may pay more if I use a lot of electricity and go to Tier 2 pricing. I thought of buying Antminer L3+ but so noisy. I ended up buying some Moonlander2 but 3-4 Mh/s per USB stick isn't a lot of hashing power for ABY. I would rarely be able to solve a block on my own. 

I do not see the point in getting a moonlander. these 3-4 mhs are immaterial. if only use it in passing when using a computer. I have a dream to buy asic for 256 mhs, but unfortunately now it's expensive for me

8 hours ago, Coinbiz said:

Thanks for this input. like how much is asic 256 mhs

For 504 MH/s Antminer L3+ the cost is $2370 USD. Amazon has them for $2500.

Some articles seem to suggest that when the mining reward changes, the price slightly dips temporarily. And sometimes mining hash power also drops as those miners strictly in it for profitability will find that their hashing power is best used on other altcoins as the dynamic has changed. But with scarcity and maturity, I believe the ArtByte will continue to slowly rise in value. I've noticed an uptick in the forum and perhaps we have exceeded a critical mass where the growth of ABY will be exponential. I hope I am right! :)

5 hours ago, AdamsEve said:

Some articles seem to suggest that when the mining reward changes, the price slightly dips temporarily. And sometimes mining hash power also drops as those miners strictly in it for profitability will find that their hashing power is best used on other altcoins as the dynamic has changed. But with scarcity and maturity, I believe the ArtByte will continue to slowly rise in value. I've noticed an uptick in the forum and perhaps we have exceeded a critical mass where the growth of ABY will be exponential. I hope I am right! :)

This is kinda what I'd expect as well. When the reward changes for some the mining will become less profitable, so they'll drop out to some other coin and this in turn will bring the value of the original coin down a notch, but it'll even out later on. ABY is a solid long-term pick though, so it's probably going to be a good spot to accumulate more!

On 2/16/2018 at 12:41 PM, Coinbiz said:

This view has always been my fear. Willl the reward of 200aby for every block mined still be profitable to the miners?. If not , it might result into slow transaction rate.

I wouldn't worry about the transaction speed, given how ABY is very fast to begin with, and wouldn't the difficulty automatically adjust should there be a notable drop in the mining power of the network? So while I might have sounded a bit gloom, I don't think that there's any need to fear for the future of ABY, it's as bright as can be.

3 hours ago, Cahoot said:

I wouldn't worry about the transaction speed, given how ABY is very fast to begin with, and wouldn't the difficulty automatically adjust should there be a notable drop in the mining power of the network? So while I might have sounded a bit gloom, I don't think that there's any need to fear for the future of ABY, it's as bright as can be.

Honestly am happy wit this project, it started as low as n growing organically which is real growth, no hypes but real followers n investors willing to hold the coin bcos they believe in the project, I believe the future is truly bright wit ABY

5 hours ago, Cahoot said:

I do not want to sound as a pessimist, but what do you think will happen if miners refuse to pick up transactions? I really need to be enlighthened.

6 minutes ago, SmartEarner said:

Is same tin wit if miners refuse to pick up bitcoin or any other coin transactions and this can only happen when d coin becomes worthless not when miners can make money mining d coin

Not that i did not know the answer to that question but trying to point out something so vital, the reward to miner. Sincerely , i have been considering this ever since the announcement. The reward will be about 2.79usd for each block mined after halfing. its presently above 5usd... I need someone knowledgeable to share his or experience on how much is being paid as reward to miners of other coins. I will like to know where artbyte stands.