Admin

ArtByte is halving in 5 weeks or so

5 hours ago, AdamsEve said:

You will lose money because you will spend more money on electricity. All the ASICs like Antminer L3+ have taken over the market and make scrypt algorithm based altcoins impossible to mine without an ASIC. We only have mining in the wallet because ArtByte Foundation used to offer a pool where CPU miners (e.g. artists) could earn some ABY with a guaranteed bonus per block.

Atm yes thats true cpu mining wouldnt be profitable. but if  there were no asics miners or they didnt want to mine. than i would do it btw i think if there is no asic miners diffuclty would be lower too. anyway i dont think wallet mining would be necessary anymore. 

On 2/2/2018 at 11:27 PM, sevko33 said:

Atm yes thats true cpu mining wouldnt be profitable. but if  there were no asics miners or they didnt want to mine. than i would do it btw i think if there is no asic miners diffuclty would be lower too. anyway i dont think wallet mining would be necessary anymore. 

If you want to help mine a scrypt coin, you can buy a Moonlander 2 - it'll get 3-5 megahash/s. That will thousands of times faster than your CPU:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2141261.0

I bought some for fun. I was going to mine ArtByte with it, but the pool closed down before my pre-order was finally delivered.

On 2-2-2018 at 5:50 PM, hj27 said:

If people stop mining, there will obviously be less miners so difficulty will be reduced, so it will be easier to find new blocks. The reward will be less, but it will be easier to achieve it. I think it's a quite well balanced system.

Haven't thought of this, but I think you are right. Either way it should probably be in the advantage of the coin, development is always good right.

10 minutes ago, SmartEarner said:

So wit just the wallet u can actually mine this coin?

Yes, you can.

You can also read several times in this thread that CPU mining is noway profitable.

On 1/30/2018 at 5:55 PM, Admin said:

This is public info, for those keeping up. So just a heads up for everyone here.

ABY is halving when it hits 1,000,001 blocks. It is at block 968,826. Should take 5 weeks or so.

Block 500,001 — 1,000,000: 400 ABY every 2 minutes

Block 1,000,001 — 1,500,000: 200 ABY every 2 minutes

Blockchain Explorer: http://explorer.artbyte.me/

Whoosh!

On 04.02.2018 at 8:12 PM, AdamsEve said:

If you want to help mine a scrypt coin, you can buy a Moonlander 2 - it'll get 3-5 megahash/s. That will thousands of times faster than your CPU:

I bought some for fun. I was going to mine ArtByte with it, but the pool closed down before my pre-order was finally delivered.

I'm also going to buy myself a similar thing. but unfortunately we have a supply deficit, a queue for a few months ahead

3 hours ago, Adedunmola said:

Can someone calculate the actual that 5 weeks going to fall to? I'm going to buy towards that day.... That's sure profit. 

Yes. now is the time to buy, the price will definitely grow, about doubling the cost aby I'm not sure, maybe more, maybe less. but growth will be.

On 2/12/2018 at 6:24 PM, SmartEarner said:

Its a surety when halved it would gain more value as the less of ABY u have in the market with the present demand the more the value. My thought...

Generally the sentiment is correct, but this is crypto and we've seen halvings even ruin coins, so it's not a guarantee of the price going up at all. Obviously lets hope for the best, but it's better to not put out any sky high expectations for events like this.

On 2/4/2018 at 6:12 PM, AdamsEve said:

Can you pls give a rough figure of how much this could cost and other coin one could mine with it. Thanks in a million. 

22 minutes ago, Cahoot said:

Generally the sentiment is correct, but this is crypto and we've seen halvings even ruin coins, so it's not a guarantee of the price going up at all. Obviously lets hope for the best, but it's better to not put out any sky high expectations for events like this.

So what you're really saying is that its 50/50%,it may cause artbyte to grow,or fall in value

Let's hope number of miners won't drop, diff will stay around current values, and price will rise :-)

(Basically, scrypt algo is, as I see it, the only "problem" with ABY - it is not ASIC resistant, with lowcost miners as Moonlander you can easy beat GPUs... but, on the other hand, that may be good thing - big miners with that kind of tools will continue mining and diff won't fall...)

56 minutes ago, spsbyter said:

Let's hope number of miners won't drop, diff will stay around current values, and price will rise :-)

(Basically, scrypt algo is, as I see it, the only "problem" with ABY - it is not ASIC resistant, with lowcost miners as Moonlander you can easy beat GPUs... but, on the other hand, that may be good thing - big miners with that kind of tools will continue mining and diff won't fall...)

If miners would stop mining the coin. Would the difficulty not go down at that point? Making it easier to mine the coin which would then be interesting to start mining it again.

1 hour ago, SmartEarner said:

Pls how and where do I obtain some of these mining equipments?

where are you from?
You need to calculate your earnings agains your costs.

15 minutes ago, AdamsEve said:

I suggest you go the link I posted to learn more. 

I suggest you go the link I posted to learn more. 

I doubt I have answer to that other than u never stated these infos are contained in the link, but now u say so I will do that