CChris

Ideas for the community

Hi all,
I just thought about the show case contest and got some ideas... now, I would like to know, what you think:

There should be more "contest" like activity...
Musicians have their own shop, where users can Buy music with ABY - but other Artists have currently only the showcase feature... So, My Idea was to start f.e. a photography contest

It could be split into some different kind of themes - each photographer needs to spend X ABY to be able to partitipate to the contest (X ABY in total or X ABY per photo...)
There should be a Wallet, hold by the Admin-Team where all Coins will be collected.

Then, others can rate the images - and after this period, a jury should select the winner.
The price could be the earned ABY + a Bonus... maybe... ?

I don't know, just wanted to hear your opinions, thoughts and maybe some Ideas how this could be improved?

4 hours ago, CChris said:

I don't know, just wanted to hear your opinions, thoughts and maybe some Ideas how this could be improved?

Like your thinking. A contest is good and would be nice if we could think of something that can really work.

For your idea, there are some breaking points. I think we don't have enough (active and real) users to get a fair rating/voting. Will we get enough participants if you have to pay and how much do you think needs to be paid. The winning amount should also be enough. For me, I will probably not enter if I have to pay for example 1$ and only can win 5$ (with 5 participants). 

I can't really think of something now that would make the contest better or more attracting.

1 minute ago, CryptoGeek03 said:

Like your thinking. A contest is good and would be nice if we could think of something that can really work.

For your idea, there are some breaking points. I think we don't have enough (active and real) users to get a fair rating/voting. Will we get enough participants if you have to pay and how much do you think needs to be paid. The winning amount should also be enough. For me, I will probably not enter if I have to pay for example 1$ and only can win 5$ (with 5 participants). 

I can't really think of something now that would make the contest better or more attracting.

yes, you are right - that are points, that I have also in my mind - I know from a few "real" photo-contests, that there is nearly always a fee that you have to pay to be able to contribute.
That is the difference between "real" contests that are about art - and contests for getting free "advertising material"...

Of course, currently, the forum community isn't big / active enough - but If such a contest could be placed on the "right" place, it could work.
Just think of the feedback from the dezentraliced Art Show, where many new ABY-Wallets where opened, etc.pp.

If you promote such a contest in the right way... ?!

5 minutes ago, CChris said:

yes, you are right - that are points, that I have also in my mind - I know from a few "real" photo-contests, that there is nearly always a fee that you have to pay to be able to contribute.
That is the difference between "real" contests that are about art - and contests for getting free "advertising material"...

Of course, currently, the forum community isn't big / active enough - but If such a contest could be placed on the "right" place, it could work.
Just think of the feedback from the dezentraliced Art Show, where many new ABY-Wallets where opened, etc.pp.

If you promote such a contest in the right way... ?!

Ofcourse, if you can get those factors right, than a contest would be great for the actual artists in this community, the people it is meant to benefit! Paying a small entry fee is definitely something good, as it will add up to the winners amount and it keeps out the unserious people. 

Yes I was thinking the same. Actually I was hoping that when the mining bonus was removed and the pool closed, that those remaining coins could be used for more contests or more showcases based on the field the artist is working in. But maybe there were no coins left to do that.

Its a good thinking which of course should yield good product, but I think more population will be needed to get this kind of idea working. Also it is very important come up with a good voting system and procedure for fair vote count since.

1 hour ago, hj27 said:

I think this kind of things somebody should simply push it and organize it. Not sure if we need any help here from ABY foundation.

Currently, I haven't the time for setting up any kind of voting System - nor I have the connection for calling a jury... This is why I have posted this here in the forum, to get your thoughts and Idea - and maybe, we all can bring in something to make this happen?

BUT: on the other hand, I think we also should keep in mind, that most of the people that are not involved into the crypto-world wont join right now.
They are too scared about what's going on right now.
So, maybe, it is just not the right time for such an idea - but we could use the time to be prepared ;)

It's a good idea, and I think that the smart contracts could handle these sorts of things well, right? Personally I have no programming experience, but I'm sure that there would be a board member with sufficient skills to pull something like this off in order to help the community!

On 1/25/2018 at 6:43 PM, CChris said:

Hi all,
I just thought about the show case contest and got some ideas... now, I would like to know, what you think:

There should be more "contest" like activity...
Musicians have their own shop, where users can Buy music with ABY - but other Artists have currently only the showcase feature... So, My Idea was to start f.e. a photography contest

It could be split into some different kind of themes - each photographer needs to spend X ABY to be able to partitipate to the contest (X ABY in total or X ABY per photo...)
There should be a Wallet, hold by the Admin-Team where all Coins will be collected.

Then, others can rate the images - and after this period, a jury should select the winner.
The price could be the earned ABY + a Bonus... maybe... ?

your idea is a good one,its idea that i think would benefit artist and artbyte itself,but everything is down to artbyte crew to decides