Mining is the creation process of most cryptocurrencies, ABY included. However unless you have a dedicated, powerful mining equipment (lots of powerful computers) it's not really something you need to concern yourself with.

also, if you HAVE such an equipment, it might be too expensive to have those computers running - for that, what you will get out.
By now, mining will mostly be done in asia, where the costs for electricity are cheap... so it is not worth anymore for us. 

It is also a way to verify transactions. I believe the more miners, the faster your transaction can get verified. And it can be profitable, but than you need very high end equipment to make some profit after electricity costs. 

13 minutes ago, Artdeacon said:

What is mining ant its benefit

Bitcoin mining is the process by which transactions are verified and added to the public ledger, known as the block chain, and also the means through which new bitcoin are released. ... The mining process involves compiling recent transactions into blocks and trying to solve a computationally difficult puzzle

4 minutes ago, Adedunmola said:

Bitcoin mining is the process by which transactions are verified and added to the public ledger, known as the block chain, and also the means through which new bitcoin are released. ... The mining process involves compiling recent transactions into blocks and trying to solve a computationally difficult puzzle

Thanks for the reply

On 16/2/2018 at 9:35 PM, P.E. said:

Here is a link to the pools where you can mine artbytes:

I'm also not yet to understanding about mining. I want learn about this . Thanks for the link

3 hours ago, Adedunmola said:

I stand to be corrected, majority of the mining rigs are in Asia. 

what makes you think that,i believe the majority mining are in Europe

On 2/23/2018 at 12:16 AM, artmart said:

what makes you think that,i believe the majority mining are in Europe

Because electricity on average costs way more in Europe than in, say, Asia, meaning that a big chunk of the profits will be eaten by the cost of doing business in Europe. Quite a large number of European miners are just kids in their parents' basement or students who get free electricity in their dorms. For larger scale stuff it's much more profitable to mine in Asia, so that's where the majority of the operations are run in.