PhiveOfGodBody

Best ABY Storage. Opinions?

7 hours ago, wesley said:

As a new member just got here , I’m not understand  related to this problem . For a while , Iam using wallet program online that is provided by the artbyte ,called is wallet artbyte . Is actually allocated for a change could happen in more than just security what can I do?

The online wallet is a good place to start, but the problem with it is that you don't actually have completely control of your funds, and in case the service was to have some problems or go down completely, you wouldn't be able to use your funds anymore. That's why the desktop wallet with backups is much more secure option, but that security does come with a slight sacrifice of ease of use.

13 hours ago, wesley said:

As a new member just got here , I’m not understand  related to this problem . For a while , Iam using wallet program online that is provided by the artbyte ,called is wallet artbyte . Is actually allocated for a change could happen in more than just security what can I do?

i will suggest you download the window wallet. To me , its far better than the web wallet.

3 hours ago, Adedunmola said:

i will suggest you download the window wallet. To me , its far better than the web wallet.

Thankyou for your suggest :)
But.. then I want to asked, How could the step to use window wallet? Whether address wallet on window wallet that is used same with web wallet or use different address?

9 hours ago, Cahoot said:

The online wallet is a good place to start, but the problem with it is that you don't actually have completely control of your funds, and in case the service was to have some problems or go down completely, you wouldn't be able to use your funds anymore. That's why the desktop wallet with backups is much more secure option, but that security does come with a slight sacrifice of ease of use.

Okay, Let me try to use desktop wallet. Thanks for the suggest :)
I fell happy to know more about aby

Talk about ABY storage, I want to ask here. Between wallet desktop and online wallet is there the security system? For example as use google auntheticator. Or nothing security verification?

On 2/24/2018 at 11:27 PM, wesley said:

Talk about ABY storage, I want to ask here. Between wallet desktop and online wallet is there the security system? For example as use google auntheticator. Or nothing security verification?

While the online wallet might be a bit faster to get started with, then you'll be relying with a third party with your money. Yes, it's the ABY team, but regardless I wouldn't consider my money safe in any online wallet. Simply get yourself the desktop wallet, learn and understand how it works and make sure that you have backed everything up. This is the only way to make sure that all your funds are and stay secure!

On 2/24/2018 at 5:27 PM, wesley said:

The security on desktop wallet is your passphrase or password which is enough for now. Make sure you know what you're doing because if you forget your phrase, then your money is gone. 

On 2/26/2018 at 1:47 PM, Cahoot said:

While the online wallet might be a bit faster to get started with, then you'll be relying with a third party with your money. Yes, it's the ABY team, but regardless I wouldn't consider my money safe in any online wallet. Simply get yourself the desktop wallet, learn and understand how it works and make sure that you have backed everything up. This is the only way to make sure that all your funds are and stay secure!

Okay Sir, I will try as soon as possible
I will try your suggest. Thanks a lot

21 hours ago, Adedunmola said:

The security on desktop wallet is your passphrase or password which is enough for now. Make sure you know what you're doing because if you forget your phrase, then your money is gone. 

Thank you for the information
Now, I'm not yet to use desktop wallet. But for the future I must use this wallet

21 hours ago, wesley said:

Thank you for the information
Now, I'm not yet to use desktop wallet. But for the future I must use this wallet

It's a good idea, because with online wallets you actually cannot control the funds that belong to you in the case of the service having any interruptions. While I'm not saying that the ABY team wouldn't be trustworthy, there have been instances where the online wallet has been out of service for a while, and thus people have not been able to use their money. Pretty good wake-up call for anyone to actually make sure that they're the sole persons who have access to those funds.

42 minutes ago, chuotcong said:

My opinon:

Safest: Window / Linux Wallet

Balance: Web wallet : wallet.artbyte.me

Most comportable (but not safe): creating address in trading sites

You're right, however safety of your wallet is only as good as the safety of your OS, so there are many things one can do to increase that safety (e.g., use an offline computer for private key generation and transaction signing) so one shouldn't just assume that because they installed a desktop wallet they're done and nothing bad can happen to their funds.

9 hours ago, Cahoot said:

You're right, however safety of your wallet is only as good as the safety of your OS, so there are many things one can do to increase that safety (e.g., use an offline computer for private key generation and transaction signing) so one shouldn't just assume that because they installed a desktop wallet they're done and nothing bad can happen to their funds.

The use of passphrase can also be a security boosteer. 

14 hours ago, Adedunmola said:

The use of passphrase can also be a security boosteer. 

Sure, as long as you make sure that it can't just simply be circumvented. But my point was that simply having a desktop wallet can have many pitfalls, especially under Windows if you don't take the necessary safety measures with your system.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.