Jump to content

Recommended Posts

13 hours ago, hj27 said:

Take into account also that when BTC increases value very fast then altcoin money flows to BTC. Because of the % that BTC represents of total crypto market, these increases have also a severe impact in alts value. They reduce the price in BTC.

 

The best way for alts I think is that BTC swings or increases value very slowly.

I don't know.
Right now, the charts for most alt-coins are very similar to btc.
Because: BTC will also be used to buy altcoins.

It doesn't matter, if you put your money into BTC for gettin +10% or to a cheaper alt coin for the same percentage... if you spent 100 $ into BTC, or 100 $ in an alt coin, 10% are the same.
The point is, that you could buy MORE alt-coins for the same price, and that it is more likely to see a 50% grow for an alt coin than for BTC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A 1cent coin has more potential to grow to 1usd then a 1usd coin to 100usd. 

One reason is new people in cryptoworld buy cheaper coins first, before investing in more expensive coins. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, P.E. said:

A 1cent coin has more potential to grow to 1usd then a 1usd coin to 100usd. 

One reason is new people in cryptoworld buy cheaper coins first, before investing in more expensive coins. 

$ 100 for 1 aby? it would be cool)))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CChris said:

I don't know.
Right now, the charts for most alt-coins are very similar to btc.

Me neither. Some interesting comments here.

During the latest bull run of btc in the beginning of December alts went down. Because new money was entering and people was selling alts to buy more BTC. Please, check alt values during begining december in BTCs

And as alts are cheaper than BTC you have to remove a lot of % of money in alts, to slightly increase the % of BTC. Imagine:

  • BTX coin has a market cap of 1000 monetary units (mus)
  • AAA coin has a market cap of 10 mus

If I remove 5 mus from AAA to enter in BTX I will have reduce 50% AAA market cap to increase 0,5% BTX market cap. 

9 hours ago, CChris said:

Because: BTC will also be used to buy altcoins.

And altcoins are sold to buy BTCs, it's a market. New money starts in BTC, it has more history, it has more public exposure, so it has more chances to be kept there. These explains a lot the periodic bull runs affecting the rest of the market

9 hours ago, CChris said:

It doesn't matter, if you put your money into BTC for gettin +10% or to a cheaper alt coin for the same percentage... if you spent 100 $ into BTC, or 100 $ in an alt coin, 10% are the same.

It doesn't matter, if you put your money into BTC for gettin +10% or to a cheaper alt coin for the same percentage... -> Yes

if you spent 100 $ into BTC, or 100 $ in an alt coin, 10% are the same. -> Uhmmm, no. It's what you're saying in your last sentence. Moving a 10% BTC requires more capital than moving a 10% other alt. However BTC has other levers to move.

 

9 hours ago, CChris said:

The point is, that you could buy MORE alt-coins for the same price, and that it is more likely to see a 50% grow for an alt coin than for BTC.

Totally agree. I am trying to invest now in low cap altcoins. The problem here is that you' have to study a lot the options because you really do not want to enter in a project that is not dinamic and with opportunity to grow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow...just this month artbyte moves from 10mil to 25mil and now 35mil...thats a great development showing much adoption.

The chart as at today is even showing a great chances of ABY reaching another ATH.#

ABY (ArtByte)

Charts Showing 2 Possible Scenarios, Breakout and Giant Cup and Handle Pattern

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2018 at 6:33 AM, AdamsEve said:

Market cap is currently about half $18 of the all-time-high (ATH) of $35 million. It is going remarkably well considering all the turmoil we faced recently with the steep correction in Bitcoin and altcoins.

Adamseve, please I will want to get clarification about some crypto terms. Like "market cap". Please is there a site for me to learn, about crypto terms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, nangigoodhead said:

Adamseve, please I will want to get clarification about some crypto terms. Like "market cap". Please is there a site for me to learn, about crypto terms.

Check the link below....

https://cryptominded.com/glossary-cryptocurrency-terms-need-know/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Gates said:

it is certainly sad, but let's hope that this is a temporary phenomenonо

Most likely. Cryptocurrencies are in turmoil with all the uncertainty, but for coins like ABY that have an actual use case already and more adoption plans in the future I wouldn't worry too much about it. Instead just buy more from the projects I believe in, as I'm sure that they'll pay it back in the future!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know why some are apprehensive about the current crypto situation. It's simply the same scenario being played again for a purpose, to shake off the weak hands. I still believe that this year will be so great for a coin or token with solid roadmap, active dev and sound marketing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Adedunmola said:

I don't know why some are apprehensive about the current crypto situation. It's simply the same scenario being played again for a purpose, to shake off the weak hands. I still believe that this year will be so great for a coin or token with solid roadmap, active dev and sound marketing. 

These people heard / read about some making massive gains with Bitcoin, and not giving any heed to the fact that those people have been holding for nearly a decade, and once they didn't get their instant jackpots and happened to enter a bear market, they just wrote the whole thing off as a scam, a pyramid scheme, and dumped their coins, pushing the whole thing into a downtrend. Kinda self fulfilling thing though, but it'll get better again over time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cahoot said:

These people heard / read about some making massive gains with Bitcoin, and not giving any heed to the fact that those people have been holding for nearly a decade, and once they didn't get their instant jackpots and happened to enter a bear market, they just wrote the whole thing off as a scam, a pyramid scheme, and dumped their coins, pushing the whole thing into a downtrend. Kinda self fulfilling thing though, but it'll get better again over time.

Dumping your coins right now is really stupid in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Teis91 said:

Dumping your coins right now is really stupid in my opinion.

Actually, if it continued going down, it would be the wisest decision. You can buy them again later at lowest prices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Teis91 said:

Dumping your coins right now is really stupid in my opinion.

Depends really. Sure compared to e.g., the high ends of January, yes, but then again we could be going down a lot from this point as well, in which case selling and buying again at a later date would be the wisest possible way to act. Obviously nobody can know how the market will react, so it's all just guesswork anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Teis91 said:

Yeah that's why I said in my opinion. If you'd dumped coins in January it would be a wise decision (in hindsight of course), but I doubt now is a good time.

You're bullish by nature...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BDS said:

Can anyone hazard a guess when we may rise up again? The future looks rosy with Artbyte 🙂

Not before BTC starts to look up, because most of the market ABY included are so tightly tied to the valuation of Bitcoin. But it's a total guesswork, as nobody can know one way or another. Personally I believe that it can easily be summer before any noticeable gains are to be had again. Obviously I hope I'm wrong, but given how more new money would be needed to get things going on again I assume that after the last people got burned it will take a while for new courage to gather.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×