ALL DAY IMPRESSIONS

Bridges - The way to connect people

I think bridges are a great way to connect people. People tend more to drive a bit longer and take a bridge, than taking a boat to cross the water. With a bridge you can decide yourself when you want to cross the water.

that's what I thought, too on the statement with twitter.
Social Media in general isn't a strong connection with others.

To be honest - 80% of your facebook friendlist are just people you have met once or twice a year - or you know from some groups because they have similar interests like you.
Twitter also - it is just a short-living communication - not direct, not personal... it's not even worth to think about it (in my opinion).

But what about bridges?
Most bridges were just used to get from A to B... just a few could really connect people from different countries and made their lives more interesting.

But the more interesting part about bridges is what I feel when I am on one.
I look down to the street below and see so many cars rushing around - and most of the time - there just a few other people or cars on the bridge with another direction.
I never really thought about this - but since this topic was started, I had this feeling, that a bridge could also have another meaning, than just connection some people.

But I can't really describe it...

5 hours ago, artmart said:

twitter connect people faster than bridges for now

Even twitter is a bridge. A bridge doesn't have to be a physical structure. 

Bridges are certainly a good way to help commerce grow. But yea, connecting people as well.

And a bridge connects you to yourself. How many times haven you not stopped on a bridge, taken a break looking at the water as well as looking inwards?

3 minutes ago, dorsolateral said:

Bridges are certainly a good way to help commerce grow. But yea, connecting people as well.

And a bridge connects you to yourself. How many times haven you not stopped on a bridge, taken a break looking at the water as well as looking inwards?

that's what I meant with my previous post... :D
"But the more interesting part about bridges is what I feel when I am on one.
I look down to the street below and see so many cars rushing around" -  but I was not able to describe this situation in the same way like you :D

Just now, CChris said:

that's what I meant with my previous post... :D
"But the more interesting part about bridges is what I feel when I am on one.
I look down to the street below and see so many cars rushing around" -  but I was not able to describe this situation in the same way like you :D

Ah, yes. I didn't connect immediately. Maybe because I was focusing on bridges over rivers, over water. Then again, roads are like rivers themselves, with flowing traffic.

On 9/1/2018 at 1:19 AM, ALL DAY IMPRESSIONS said:

That's for sure, but with twitter you can't connect people in a way bridges can... 
Bridges can get people together, they can meet, they can hug, they can love and live the day together.... 

You are right ! I love your thought. It will make everyone closer ! 

On 1/8/2018 at 2:04 PM, artmart said:

twitter connect people faster than bridges for now

The twitter is also a bridge on its own,you don't really to climb physical bridges to connect to other people these days.

Indeed bridges connects people, even the ancient land bridges on the continents before it distributed the people all over the world hope soon there will be no more boundaries to travel all over the world!