feellikepavlov

Offline wallet - adress

Hello everyone, Im new to this cryptoworld (but I've been doing art for more than past 20 years O:) ) and I really love how these two things connect now !

I have downloaded a wallet for my Windows, although I downloaded zipped package of blocks and followed the steps, wallet decided to download and sync more than 3 years of blocks anyway... (just to let the admin know, that it is probably not working as you wish)

...anyway, I am really happy that such a thing is ArtByte exists, I am really excited to start using it because as I read someone's post, the value of this coin rises when we use it. Which means we gotta keep tipping and sending payments to build bigger value of this beloved cryptocurrency <3

How do I get my wallet adress ? -> I hit "Recieve" and should I write anything in the columns or leave everything blank ?
My adress keeps changing, how do I know that adress will work ? ... if I generate adress with blank columns, will it be valid for ever ? ... if so, it is this one ! ... -> AS8wFh6tLoLGb5n2U97VVD5N9scCQ7rNWK

1 hour ago, feellikepavlov said:

Hello everyone, Im new to this cryptoworld (but I've been doing art for more than past 20 years O:) ) and I really love how these two things connect now !

I have downloaded a wallet for my Windows, although I downloaded zipped package of blocks and followed the steps, wallet decided to download and sync more than 3 years of blocks anyway... (just to let the admin know, that it is probably not working as you wish)

...anyway, I am really happy that such a thing is ArtByte exists, I am really excited to start using it because as I read someone's post, the value of this coin rises when we use it. Which means we gotta keep tipping and sending payments to build bigger value of this beloved cryptocurrency <3

How do I get my wallet adress ? -> I hit "Recieve" and should I write anything in the columns or leave everything blank ?
My adress keeps changing, how do I know that adress will work ? ... if I generate adress with blank columns, will it be valid for ever ? ... if so, it is this one ! ... -> AS8wFh6tLoLGb5n2U97VVD5N9scCQ7rNWK

You're much welcome to artbyte forum

13 hours ago, feellikepavlov said:

I'm not familiar with the off-chain blockchain download, but the archive could very well be an (very) old one and that's the reason you had to download the whole blockchain the slow way.

All the addresses generated will be valid, and they can be used multiple times without issues. AFAIK the empty column is just for notes, so e.g., you could use a separate address for forum rewards, one for tips and one for selling something.

All those lead to your wallet. I personally use different addresses for each purpose, for example trading to exchanges is an address and receiving from tips is a separate addres. This gives me overview as you can't tell by only the address who the receiver or sender is.

On 1/1/2018 at 11:41 PM, feellikepavlov said:

You are very much welcome to the forum