Martin

Layout of the forum

There seems to be a problem with the layout of the forum. On my computer the quote/edit bar is sometimes too high on some posts.

I'm using Chrome. Anyone else seeing the same issue?

1 minute ago, Martin said:

There seems to be a problem with the layout of the forum. On my computer the quote/edit bar is sometimes too high on some posts.

I'm using Chrome. Anyone else seeing the same issue?

I'm experiencing the same. Don't know what might have caused that. 

Chrome user here as well, and have the same problem. However it's only on the Novus 4.2 theme, not on the default forum theme, so I assume that it's a problem with the theme and would either require a theme update or at the very leas some little CSS tweaks from the admin team. Hopefully this gets fixed!

5 minutes ago, Cahoot said:

Chrome user here as well, and have the same problem. However it's only on the Novus 4.2 theme, not on the default forum theme, so I assume that it's a problem with the theme and would either require a theme update or at the very leas some little CSS tweaks from the admin team. Hopefully this gets fixed!

where can I change the theme?

found it :D

36 minutes ago, Adedunmola said:

But I don't experience this one on Firefox. 

with firefox, everything is fine with the Novus theme, as already mentioned in earlier posts.
It is only with Chrome Browser.

12 minutes ago, Omotolacrown said:

My Firefox. Is working fine

again, we already figured out, that firefox is working well with the default skin.
it is only chrome browser - but the workaround for chrome users is, to switch the design...

On 1/9/2018 at 3:04 PM, CChris said:

where can I change the theme?

found it :D

In case some other people are trying to change the theme as well, you can change it from the bottom of the page.

does anyone have tested IE and Edge? ^^
If not, I think I will do some tests in the evening today...

Since it is only with the Novus theme, it might just be a "simple" CSS that is not working well... maybe, I am able to do some debugging on this in the evening and provide some further information...

I Switched the theme and the forum looks good now. Of course it's a different layout. But I never changed the layout to Novus. Isn't the Novus theme the default theme?

2 hours ago, bloodywing said:

The same issue is described here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/33636796/chrome-safari-not-filling-100-height-of-flex-parent needs 1-2 lines of css and it is fixed. I think the .ipsPad class is the culprit here.

Is it an issue with the browser of the website? 

On 2/21/2018 at 2:03 AM, Adedunmola said:

Is it an issue with the browser of the website? 

Kinda both, really, in the same vein as in the past when IE6 was still somewhat of a thing, many webmasters needed to include IE6-specific CSS hacks to make their sites work correctly with that browser. So mainly a browser thing, but as the fix is easier in CSS that's the better way to handle it.

1 hour ago, Cahoot said:

Kinda both, really, in the same vein as in the past when IE6 was still somewhat of a thing, many webmasters needed to include IE6-specific CSS hacks to make their sites work correctly with that browser. So mainly a browser thing, but as the fix is easier in CSS that's the better way to handle it.

The reason i asked that question is because i dont experience this glitch with firefox and other browser except chrome.

9 hours ago, Adedunmola said:

The reason i asked that question is because i dont experience this glitch with firefox and other browser except chrome.

Pretty much affects all browsers that use Webkit including Opera, Brave, Vivaldi

1 minute ago, bloodywing said:

Pretty much affects all browsers that use Webkit including Opera, Brave, Vivaldi

Ho....never knew that. I've accessed artbyte site with Chrome, epic, nitro and safari browser with no issue... Maybe these browser do not use webkit. 

29 minutes ago, bloodywing said:

i experience same thing,thank you,so what can someone do?

14 hours ago, artmart said:

i experience same thing,thank you,so what can someone do?

Apart from using the other available theme (like I do, for example) there is really nothing you could do. I suppose someone with enough knowledge could create an user script on e.g., TamperMonkey to fix that, but I feel that just using a different theme is easier for the users.

On 23-2-2018 at 4:48 AM, Cahoot said:

The strange thing is that the theme worked fine in the past. So either the theme css has changed or the browsers got updated and are now rendering the site differently.

11 hours ago, Martin said:

The strange thing is that the theme worked fine in the past. So either the theme css has changed or the browsers got updated and are now rendering the site differently.

I had change to the default theme because the other theme I was using messed up. The quote is in a strange place now. Whatever...