Admin

Moving funds out of the Android wallet

As we have mentioned in other posts, the ABY android wallet needs to be updated to the new SegWit enabled wallet. Until it is upgraded, if you want to move funds out of your android wallet, here is how to do that:

Copy the back up file from the Android wallet to a computer and extract the private keys with OpenSSL using the following command. Then you can import the private keys into a desktop wallet. You can get one here: https://www.artbyte.me/get-started/

The backup file is encrypted using your chosen password. You can use OpenSSL to decrypt:

openssl enc -d -aes-256-cbc -a -in <filename>

Be sure you substitute the whole file path for <filename>  

Windows Example: c:\Users\YourUserName\Desktop\YourBackupFilename

MAC Example: c:/Users/YourUserName/Desktop/YourBackupFilename

Source: https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/17176/how-to-decode-private-key-from-android-bitcoin-wallet

1 hour ago, Admin said:

As we have mentioned in other posts, the ABY android wallet needs to be updated to the new SegWit enabled wallet. Until it is upgraded, if you want to move funds out of your android wallet, here is how to do that:

Copy the back up file from the Android wallet to a computer and extract the private keys with OpenSSL using the following command. Then you can import the private keys into a desktop wallet. You can get one here: https://www.artbyte.me/get-started/

The backup file is encrypted using your chosen password. You can use OpenSSL to decrypt:

Source: https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/17176/how-to-decode-private-key-from-android-bitcoin-wallet

Thank you. Keep the good working going 

11 hours ago, Cahoot said:

I understand that it's just a workaround, but given how complicated it is for the average user is there any ETA for the updated version of the wallet being available on the Play store?

The person that used to be in charge of the Android wallet is currently not available. I believe the step posted above is simply enough for a noob to follow. Maybe I'll just create a video on how to do that and post the YouTube link here. 

On 12/14/2017 at 4:31 PM, Admin said:

I HAVE BEEN BATTLING WITH THE OPENSSL ON MY LAPTOP BUT TO NO AVAIL. IS THERE ANY OTHER SOFTWARE THAT CAN DECRYPT?

19 hours ago, Adedunmola said:

The person that used to be in charge of the Android wallet is currently not available. I believe the step posted above is simply enough for a noob to follow. Maybe I'll just create a video on how to do that and post the YouTube link here. 

14 hours ago, Adedunmola said:

I HAVE BEEN BATTLING WITH THE OPENSSL ON MY LAPTOP BUT TO NO AVAIL. IS THERE ANY OTHER SOFTWARE THAT CAN DECRYPT?

Heh, I suppose you kinda showed that not to be the case then, huh? ;) Copypasting things is good enough when it works right off the bat (although simply blindly following stuff you do not understand is never good practice), but when you run into some issue like that then you're once again really on your own. And having to rely on some third party programs can easily lead into that.

Choi..... Not following badly bro. I actually know when to stop when it comes to tweaking my gadgets. I've done this before with window 7. The problem I encountered has its root in window 10 inability to locate openssl path in the c-drive. 

Just now, segunshow said:

That should be my reply.do you have a way to retrieve it

Check up there, you will see that i have done some work already following the method stated above without any success. Also, i have some artbyte too on the android wallet. Lastly, i am always curious to learn new things

On 15/12/2017 at 12:34 PM, Adedunmola said:

Doesn't affect me but a good idea all the same 🙂

3 hours ago, Adedunmola said:

do you have a way around it?

Not sure if it worth trying to recover 300 ABY or even 2000 ABY, but I can try to recover it myself and provide instructions. If you send me the file, I can do it for you, but will split 50% for whatever amount is recovered. If I help you on the forum, then it'll be your own self effort with some guidance posted on this thread.

I have an Android phone at work. What's the link for the Android ArtByte wallet?

@Adedunmola @Cgegege where are you getting stuck? Were you able to get the file off the Android phone and on to your desktop? Are you stuck at the openssl part?