AdamsEve

Who wants to practice sending ArtByte (ABY) back and forth from their wallet?

I'm sure some of you are new to cryptocurrency and are confused or intimidated by the whole process of setting up a wallet and sending a transaction to someone. We can practice on this thread! My ArtByte address is AawfsNhDFBdVrYGqk64aG6JGrXcVySDQYa

Send me 1 ABY, I will send 1 ABY back to you. (Please allow ~1 day since my wallet is on my home computer).

This is just to practice being able to send ABY either through the desktop wallet or through the online wallet.

If you have a wallet but don't have any ABY, PM me your ArtByte address and I can send you 1 ABY. Please send it back to the address above as a way to get familiar with the whole process.

Got questions? Post here and the community will gladly help.

1 hour ago, OLABODE said:

If I send you 1ABY what will be my profit

None, there's not supposed to be any profit but it's all about learning how sending and receiving ABY (and by proxy other cryptocurrencies) works in action.

It surprises me that this topic didn't get a reaction for 2 full months.

I'm into ArtByte since July and only made my first transactions in December. I like your initiative and definitely would have used it as a started if I knew about it.

11 hours ago, CryptoGeek03 said:

It surprises me that this topic didn't get a reaction for 2 full months.

I'm into ArtByte since July and only made my first transactions in December. I like your initiative and definitely would have used it as a started if I knew about it.

Well in all honesty I guess that most people will find and deal with BTC before getting into altcoins in the first place, so they're already pretty familiar with the process, so figuring out how the ABY wallet works shouldn't be too big of a deal by yourself.

8 hours ago, Cahoot said:

Well in all honesty I guess that most people will find and deal with BTC before getting into altcoins in the first place, so they're already pretty familiar with the process, so figuring out how the ABY wallet works shouldn't be too big of a deal by yourself.

Exactly, but the thread is still with its advantage. Just when you want to know if everything is right, you can always initiate a test transaction. 

13 hours ago, Cahoot said:

I also had already BTC before I went into altcoins. ABY was my first altcoin, but also my first coin with a wallet on my pc. For BTC I used webwallets without downloading anything.

4 hours ago, Adedunmola said:

Exactly, but the thread is still with its advantage. Just when you want to know if everything is right, you can always initiate a test transaction. 

Agreed, still good for testing.

On 1.1.2018 at 10:11 AM, Cahoot said:

... that most people will find and deal with BTC before getting into altcoins in the first place,...

hm... To be honest, ArtByte is my first experience with crypto-coins.
Of course, I have followed Bitcoin since it was introduced - but was too skeptical to do an investment into it when it was worth of it.

Now, it is too late for me, since I don't have that amount of cash that you need to get a real profit from BitCoin.
So I just found ArtByte as a good alternative for my first steps into the world of crypto currencies.

Also, right now, most of the people that are into crypto currencies are trying to do long time investments in the hope, that they will be able to make a lot of money without spending to much activity on it - or without bigger investments.
And this will make it hard to establish it as a real option for doing a payment.

As long, as the people are seeing the chance, that one of their coins could have a value from hundreds of dollar, they don't want to spent these coins to someone else.
That's the problem, that all crypto coins have at the moment, I think.

But honestly - I'm not that deep into the system... so maybe, my thoughts are just simply wrong^^

11 hours ago, CChris said:

hm... To be honest, ArtByte is my first experience with crypto-coins.
Of course, I have followed Bitcoin since it was introduced - but was too skeptical to do an investment into it when it was worth of it.

Now, it is too late for me, since I don't have that amount of cash that you need to get a real profit from BitCoin.
So I just found ArtByte as a good alternative for my first steps into the world of crypto currencies.

Also, right now, most of the people that are into crypto currencies are trying to do long time investments in the hope, that they will be able to make a lot of money without spending to much activity on it - or without bigger investments.
And this will make it hard to establish it as a real option for doing a payment.

As long, as the people are seeing the chance, that one of their coins could have a value from hundreds of dollar, they don't want to spent these coins to someone else.
That's the problem, that all crypto coins have at the moment, I think.

But honestly - I'm not that deep into the system... so maybe, my thoughts are just simply wrong^^

Well, you shall be the exception then :) I'm just saying that most people have prior experience because at the moment there is only one single place where you can buy ABY with fiat, and even that is only with EUR, so other coins and tokens are by far easier to acquire.

But ABY is a solid choice for sure. It's probably not going to skyrocket like many other coins, but it'll offer steady growth that some might prefer.

ArtByte could be your first crypto or BTC. For those new to cryptocurrency, sending 1 ABY to someone is a good way to practice and see how it all works. Just to send 1 ABY means you have to install the desktop GUI, get money into your wallet, and send 1 ABY. That's quite an accomplishment for someone who may have had no introduction to cryptocurrency. Sadly, I'm disheartened when people misunderstand me and just see any transaction as a profit motive. No one is trying to scam or get rich off of 1 ABY. It was a way to help the community and raise each other up so we are more comfortable with cryptoassets in a safe environment.