Cahoot

How often do you go listen live music?

I'm just back from local two-day music festival with many foreign bands performing, and this got me wondering how often do other board members go to listen live music? Personally I try to see a show 2-3 times a month, because that's how much I can really afford. Also if some really big name comes to town I'll be sure to make time for that!

5 hours ago, Elle said:

About once a month for me, not concerts particularly, but more live music at a club or park.

I suppose shows, gigs and concerts can easily mean the same, always depends on so many things ;) But I know what you mean, occasionally I hit a club with a live music as kind of a background thing, and not the main event of the evening as well. Generally the type of music I listen to is not really background-friendly, so it's the main attraction of the night anyways.

On 11/2/2017 at 12:09 AM, P.E. said:

I do 2 / 3 festivals a year, and approx 10 live shows. Going from small local bands to the big mainstream ones. 

That's pretty nice! What band or bands did you see the last? I was supposed to drop by a concert before I left for travels, but sadly ended up not having the funds for it so now I'll just have to see when I get the chance again!

5 hours ago, Omotolacrown said:

Every weekend, me and my family, old jazz music concert

So that's like some live venue with weekly programming? Those are really nice places, they have some around where I live, but I haven't still gone and looked around as I find them a tad expensive and people like to play the music way too loud around these parts... Can't really enjoy that!

On 3-12-2017 at 10:45 AM, Cahoot said:

That's pretty nice! What band or bands did you see the last? I was supposed to drop by a concert before I left for travels, but sadly ended up not having the funds for it so now I'll just have to see when I get the chance again!

Just visited Castlefest - winter edition. A fantasy festival with live acts & music. Always visit the regular edition in the summer as well.  

This thread is interesting and makes me feel a bit jealous. I have to admit I do not go very frequently.... I have small children and logistics for going out it's not an easy thing.

12 hours ago, hj27 said:

This thread is interesting and makes me feel a bit jealous. I have to admit I do not go very frequently.... I have small children and logistics for going out it's not an easy thing.

I feel you, it's not always easy even without kids and decent income either, you always have lots of things to juggle so making something like this happen is also a treat for me as well! But then again it makes it even better when it's not something you constantly can do, at least I feel that way!

14 hours ago, Adedunmola said:

I hardly go out for concert. Instead I buy the album of my favorite artist and enjoy listening to them especially while driving to and from work. 

That's a good notion as well. And it's often not possible the slightest to go see your favorite artists anyway, so that's a good alternative. Personally I can't even recall when I bought an album the last time though, streaming via Spotify is just so much more convenient in every conceivable way that I can't really justify buying physical CD's.

I Wish I could listen to live music more. I Just can't be comfortable in large crowds. I Do like to listen to CDs of live concerts, not really the same thought the music sounds much nicer in real life.

As a musician, i've been failing on that part recently... Sometimes, when i need to meet with new musicians, i go to a live music bar or a jam session but with the main objective to hear with a more technical/ musicality point of view... which i found is not the right thing to do. I tend to embrace much more from an artistic/entertainment point of view when i go out to see my favourite artists and even if they make a mistake live, heck, i love their work... no technical evaluation required whatsoever! Again, this is not the correct way to act and i'm teaching myself to be much more open minded to new artists. I believe i absorb much more! 

On 12/20/2017 at 11:31 PM, catsmile said:

I just watch live music at home :D I ever have gone listen live music, maybe I should try  

I think we are of the same opinion on this matter. It will be a good thing if I can also give it a trial. I think it will make sense sighting the stage and artist live.