Admin

Expanding what we discuss on the ArtByte Forum.

So we have been thinking about requests from forum members, to expand the range of topics on the ArtByte Forum. The staff has some ideas and would like all members to contribute their ideas.

Our long term vision is to build the biggest community of artists and fans on the internet. A place to talk about all the arts across all of ArtByte's social media including this forum. A place for art fans to discover artists around the globe, to support them with tips, to buy their music on the ArtByte Music Store and eventually to buy their work on the ArtByte Gallery.

So to stay true to our mission let's open new topics to talk about art. Here are some topic ideas from the staff:

I saw this film today...

ArtByte is about artists around the world, most people only know about films in their own country, discuss one from your country

The book I am reading now is...

Discuss a book you like written in any language. Introduce the authors you like to the forum.

I tipped this artist today...

Have you tipped some artists on Twitter or Reddit (and if not why haven't you?) Link one of your tips into this thread. Did you tip an musician at your local bar, using your mobile phone? Post about it.

I listened to this music today...

What did you think about it, like it or not?

I went to this concert, theater, any live event

Do you recommend it? like it or not?

I really like this actor's work...

What did you see them in? What do you want to see them in?

I want to learn how to....

paint, play guitar, do landscape photography, etc.

Is Cosplay really art?

On Twitter recently a lot of people into Cosplay are getting tips. Is it art? What do you think?

Use your imagination, have fun. Talk about how art touches your life The only rules are that the post is about any type of art, anywhere. Include links and pics (use imgur.com to post pics).

So what are your ideas? Let us know and we will set up the topics.

Maybe this could be something like a request and answer thread. For example I want to learn how to draw animals. And users can give links to good tutorials. Or maybe it would be good to keep the threads separate with a tutorial thread for each type of art. Music tutorials, Drawing tutorials, Painting tutorials, Sculpting tutorials, Dancing instructions and so on.

47 minutes ago, Martin said:

Maybe this could be something like a request and answer thread. For example I want to learn how to draw animals. And users can give links to good tutorials. Or maybe it would be good to keep the threads separate with a tutorial thread for each type of art. Music tutorials, Drawing tutorials, Painting tutorials, Sculpting tutorials, Dancing instructions and so on.

I think this is a good idea. Having a sticky on the forum for general questions like this would be a good fit, but I would keep tutorials as their own threads at least for the time being. Maybe once the community grows and the amount of user generated content grows with it we can think about sub-forums for those specific types of content.

Just now, lerocknrolla said:

Maybe there could be some sort of smart-contract-based model for an artist to post chapters in a guide in exchange for automatic ABY payments? Like a sort of ABY Patreon?

That would be cool. You could start by posting one chapter and a list of chapters you would like to cover in the future. If people like the idea they can send a few ArtBytes so the author can write the next chapters. You could even say something like. When receiving 100 ABY you would write the next chapter.

8 hours ago, Martin said:

That would be cool. You could start by posting one chapter and a list of chapters you would like to cover in the future. If people like the idea they can send a few ArtBytes so the author can write the next chapters. You could even say something like. When receiving 100 ABY you would write the next chapter.

I really love this idea... uhmmmmm.... I'm going to think something.

On 11/18/2017 at 2:25 PM, Martin said:

As a techy idea it's good, but at least personally I wouldn't really be interested in future content relying on others making payments, and would much more prefer paying upfront for the whole content. I feel that general support, like on Patreon, is a thing of its own and a good idea as-is.

On 22-11-2017 at 9:12 AM, Cahoot said:

As a techy idea it's good, but at least personally I wouldn't really be interested in future content relying on others making payments, and would much more prefer paying upfront for the whole content. I feel that general support, like on Patreon, is a thing of its own and a good idea as-is.

Up front is good too. But I suspect it would be better to first have an author write at least a part of the tutorial. This way people can see what the quality of the article would be.

9 hours ago, Martin said:

Up front is good too. But I suspect it would be better to first have an author write at least a part of the tutorial. This way people can see what the quality of the article would be.

You're not wrong, it's just that I've seen it so many times that when something is only posted partly, the rest might follow much later than anticipated, or not at all. So I feel that everyone involved would benefit more if the content was fully done at once. After all we're likely not talking about some massive, hundreds of pages worth of content anyway.

On 1/26/2018 at 12:11 AM, P.E. said:

Could we add a museum topic where we can posts about interesting musea? 

This would kinda be the forum for that, as I don't see any need for having a specific sub-forum for something that will likely not gather that much interest - at least for the time being. So feel free to open up a topic yourself!