Cahoot

Tipping on ArtByte forums

As discussed in another thread, I wanted to know if there are plans to add tipping (like on Twitter or Reddit) to the forums as well? I'm sure people here would be willing to use a tipping system on a platform they're most active on, so it would be nice to see the style of those reaction images to include also a way to tip few ABY's to people who truly contribute to the community!

As you already know, but I like this idea. There are a lot of artist on this forum who show their work. It would be nice if you can directly tip them through here. This also counts for other members who helped you with stuff. If you really want, their addresses are in their profile, but maybe just a button on their profiles for tipping or a small text beneath their post count when they post something for example.

On 10/9/2017 at 4:26 PM, CryptoGeek03 said:

As you already know, but I like this idea. There are a lot of artist on this forum who show their work. It would be nice if you can directly tip them through here. This also counts for other members who helped you with stuff. If you really want, their addresses are in their profile, but maybe just a button on their profiles for tipping or a small text beneath their post count when they post something for example.

Something like this is what I'm imagining, yes. Granted for the best results there would need to be an online wallet tied to each user account that we could "top-up" with ABY that we can then use to tip. I understand how for some this might be a bit cumbersome, but I think that at the end of the day it would be beneficial to the community at whole.

I suppose there is a way to make a link which opens the desktop wallet (I think Bitcoin has bitcoin://<address> or similar system), which someone capable could probably fix via userscript to add the button and fetch the address from the profile of the user, since most of us do have out main wallets listed in our profiles to receive the forum rewards.

11 hours ago, omociano said:

Great idea, quite cumbersome

How come? I mean, I understand that the options I've offered are not the easiest of things, but apart from having a forum-wallet that you top-up and use for tipping there really are no easier ways to handle this sort of thing, so I think it's either that or a link that opens up the desktop wallet. Probably won't work on a mobile though, granted I'm not a mobile developer and have no idea how opening up different apps like this would work (if at all).

For the few forum members, just send them a tip using your wallet. It's a good idea but I don't think it's worth the effort to benefit a few. I think you make a stronger point if we had thousands of active forum users like bitcointalk. 

What do you see as the increased benefit versus just sending from your wallet?

Im not seeing a benefit but maybe you can clarify? Topping up requires sending from your wallet too. I'll tip but I won't tip in groups unless it is a fall festival type thing... so instead of topping up I just tip the artist.

Tipping on twitter and Reddit has greater reach so you get a lot more bang for your buck.

is there such a thing as artbyte://address ? For desktop, you'd launch the desktop wallet and go to send tab with artbyte address filled in. For smartphone, launching an iOS or Android app That would prefill address for sending...

3 hours ago, AdamsEve said:

For the few forum members, just send them a tip using your wallet. It's a good idea but I don't think it's worth the effort to benefit a few. I think you make a stronger point if we had thousands of active forum users like bitcointalk. 

is there such a thing as artbyte://address ? For desktop, you'd launch the desktop wallet and go to send tab with artbyte address filled in. For smartphone, launching an iOS or Android app That would prefill address for sending...

On 9-10-2017 at 3:26 PM, CryptoGeek03 said:

but maybe just a button on their profiles for tipping or a small text beneath their post count when they post something for example.

I agree the community on this is forum isn't big. An integrated tipping system would take a lot of time and effort and has to have a link to your wallet. 

This probably won't have huge extra value. I suggested (see quote) to maybe put a link in the profile or something like. Just make it more visible so people know they can reward you for your work. This maybe can be a pop up which just show their address and some redirect links to the online wallets.

3 hours ago, CryptoGeek03 said:

I agree the community on this is forum isn't big. An integrated tipping system would take a lot of time and effort and has to have a link to your wallet. 

This probably won't have huge extra value. I suggested (see quote) to maybe put a link in the profile or something like. Just make it more visible so people know they can reward you for your work. This maybe can be a pop up which just show their address and some redirect links to the online wallets.

Look, I put my ArtByte address in the Location field in Profile. Can you see my ArtByte address?

14 hours ago, AdamsEve said:

Look, I put my ArtByte address in the Location field in Profile. Can you see my ArtByte address?

The address field could be a temporary solution to the issue maybe lead to a more permanent one. It say we were able to include our address in our user settings and it is placed under the location. That alone could work. Or maybe have it be a button. It doesn't have to be exactly like Reddit where each account is linked to a separate address. I think I would rather use the one I already have but altogether this is a great idea!

22 hours ago, AdamsEve said:

Would be much faster when there's no need to fire up the wallet, wait for it to sync (at least I don't open my wallet for days usually, because I can just track the balance via the explorer) and then copy-paste addresses and fill in the tip amount. Having these behind a single button would streamline the process a lot.

I would say that you might not see the benefit because the option is not there ;) 

16 hours ago, AdamsEve said:

Yes, I see it. This could be something, maybe make it a button 'Tip member' and on click it copies or shows ABY address. Make it more visible, as it may lead to more transactions and thus more trading volume.

On 10/12/2017 at 7:02 PM, CryptoGeek03 said:

Yes, I see it. This could be something, maybe make it a button 'Tip member' and on click it copies or shows ABY address. Make it more visible, as it may lead to more transactions and thus more trading volume.

This is quite exactly my idea. There's a lot of unused space between the Quote and reactions buttons, so adding a tip button there would fit perfectly IMO. Like I said before, this would be a very easy thing to do with a userscript, but I don't think I would manage that myself - could try to learn though, and then just share that publicly with everyone interested in using it. Still, an official endorsement would be neat-o!

On 9/10/2017 at 5:58 PM, Cahoot said:

Seperti yang dibahas di thread lain, saya ingin tahu apakah ada rencana untuk menambahkan tip (seperti di Twitter atau Reddit) ke forum juga? Saya yakin orang-orang di sini bersedia menggunakan sistem tip pada platform yang paling aktif, jadi akan lebih baik melihat gaya gambar reaksi tersebut termasuk juga cara untuk memberi tip beberapa ABY kepada orang-orang yang benar-benar berkontribusi pada masyarakat!

I think it will not happen, for some reason that I try to understand, one of them, the number of posts will increase dramatically,

On 10/14/2017 at 6:12 PM, ceryslalu said:

I think it will not happen, for some reason that I try to understand, one of them, the number of posts will increase dramatically,

Why would the amount of posts increase due to a tipping system? What I'm proposing is not something akin to the rewards system currently in use on the forums (by the ABY team), but instead tipping by the forum users using their own funds. Or am I missing something you mean?

5 hours ago, Cahoot said:

Why would the amount of posts increase due to a tipping system? What I'm proposing is not something akin to the rewards system currently in use on the forums (by the ABY team), but instead tipping by the forum users using their own funds. Or am I missing something you mean?

you may be right, but we can only wait, waiting for any changes that will occur when segwit successfully activated, hopefully Artbyte progressed after the segwit finished.

18 hours ago, ceryslalu said:

you may be right, but we can only wait, waiting for any changes that will occur when segwit successfully activated, hopefully Artbyte progressed after the segwit finished.

Yes, something like this would be a very, very low priority thing, and I'm not even expecting it happening anytime soon. There are much more important things going on with ABY, so this is basically just something for the pipeline if it gets deemed important enough at some point.

THE IDEA IS GREAT BUT DOES NOT WORTH THE STRESS OF INTEGRATING SUCH BOT INTO THE WEBSITE. SINCE WE ALREADY HAVE OUR WALLET ADDRESS IN OUR PROFILE, ANYONE WHO FEEL LIKE TIPPING OTHERS IN THE FORUM CAN EASILY COPY FROM THEIR PROFILE AND TIP. THANKS.

On 10/14/2017 at 5:12 PM, ceryslalu said:

YOU DO NOT FULLY  UNDERSTAND HIS POINT

9 minutes ago, Adedunmola said:

THE IDEA IS GREAT BUT DOES NOT WORTH THE STRESS OF INTEGRATING SUCH BOT INTO THE WEBSITE. SINCE WE ALREADY HAVE OUR WALLET ADDRESS IN OUR PROFILE, ANYONE WHO FEEL LIKE TIPPING OTHERS IN THE FORUM CAN EASILY COPY FROM THEIR PROFILE AND TIP. THANKS.

A tip-button to copy a users address to your clipboard will make this easier. But as you say, you can already tip users, artists, etc. by looking into their About Me section.

4 hours ago, Adedunmola said:

Pls i still needs more explanation about tipping on this forum? What would be my benefit if i tip an artist?