Jump to content
CryptoGeek03

Photography by CryptoGeek03

Recommended Posts

I just got my first professional camera a while ago and I'm still not sure what I like to shoot. Also depends on where you live as I like to go into nature and look for wild animals, but nothing like that anywhere close to me. Went to The Hague, Netherlands, today and made finally some pictures of which I think are shareable haha. Let me know what you think or what could be better, thanks!

First one is of the industrial area of The Hague and the second one is the business center part of the city

IMG_20171005_124103008_HDR-EFFECTS.jpg

IMG_20171005_124010581_HDR (1).jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like those b&w city landscapes!
You could try to increase the details of the sky by using a grey gradient filter (or in post production).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CChris said:

I really like those b&w city landscapes!
You could try to increase the details of the sky by using a grey gradient filter (or in post production).

Please stop posting on old post,you could get ban for this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sorry - haven't realized that this topic is an "old one"... Also, I have first commented to this topic, and then found the topic with the rules and the "leveling".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CryptoGeek03 said:

M3GRMEd.jpg

Made a new photo last week, the clouds were aligning in front of the sun. The buoy gave some little extra touch.

What do you think? I'm open for feedback!

it is a bit noisy and I think, the focus could be better - but this might be also just from resizing the image...
From the composition, I would like to see the details in the foreground - so, using a grey gradient filter could help you with those images, too (like I already mentioned in my previous post)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4-1-2018 at 3:25 PM, CChris said:

I really like those b&w city landscapes!
You could try to increase the details of the sky by using a grey gradient filter (or in post production).

Thanks, I will remember this.

On 4-1-2018 at 4:51 PM, Cgegege said:

Please stop posting on old post,you could get ban for this

I think you should not only look at the date of the last post, but also on the member profile for the date when they were last online. I'm still active on this forum, even though I wasn't mentioned or quoted(the reason I just saw his reaction) so for me this is valuable feedback. 

Sometimes I see reactions on (old) topics where the member hasn't been online in months. So that is a significant difference in my opinion. But in general posting old topic is most cases not good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CChris said:

it is a bit noisy and I think, the focus could be better - but this might be also just from resizing the image...
From the composition, I would like to see the details in the foreground - so, using a grey gradient filter could help you with those images, too (like I already mentioned in my previous post)

Just saw your previous mentions yes. Unfortunately I had to take this with my phone, but I wanted to shoot this. And because it became dark already is probably why it is so noisy. Thanks anyway!

I've looked at some examples and such kind of filter really makes the colors better looking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CryptoGeek03 said:

Just saw your previous mentions yes. Unfortunately I had to take this with my phone, but I wanted to shoot this. And because it became dark already is probably why it is so noisy. Thanks anyway!

I've looked at some examples and such kind of filter really makes the colors better looking. 

ok :) taking a picture in good quality could be difficult with some phones... from the general composition, it is quite good :)
About filter: depending, on what exactly you want to do, there are a LOT of different filters available.

for long time exposures, I would recommend to use a neutral density filter - so you can extend the exposure time and still keep the iris of your camera open.
For situations like above, a grey gradient filter could help...

But those ND and gradient filters are available in different strengths, so you should have a few of them to be able to cover different situations...
Then, another (for me important) filter would be a polar filter.
Maybe, I can go through my archive later to show some samples which I have made with / and without such a filter.

They could really increase the quality of contrast and colors without using post production on the image :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, CChris said:

ok :) taking a picture in good quality could be difficult with some phones... from the general composition, it is quite good :)
About filter: depending, on what exactly you want to do, there are a LOT of different filters available.

for long time exposures, I would recommend to use a neutral density filter - so you can extend the exposure time and still keep the iris of your camera open.
For situations like above, a grey gradient filter could help...

But those ND and gradient filters are available in different strengths, so you should have a few of them to be able to cover different situations...
Then, another (for me important) filter would be a polar filter.
Maybe, I can go through my archive later to show some samples which I have made with / and without such a filter.

They could really increase the quality of contrast and colors without using post production on the image :)

Yeah, I picked a phone with good image quality, because I like taking pictures and I know I don't always have my good camera on me, but mostly they are only good for photos of things close to you. 

I'm just a beginning photographer and when I have some more free time I would like to take a course to know more about the basics. Using filters is probably such a basis thing you would learn. Anything that can help in front is better in my opinion. Post production is something I like to avoid as much as possible.

Contrast is the word I was looking for (such kind of filter really makes the colors better looking:lol:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2017 at 10:17 PM, CryptoGeek03 said:

I just got my first professional camera a while ago and I'm still not sure what I like to shoot. Also depends on where you live as I like to go into nature and look for wild animals, but nothing like that anywhere close to me. Went to The Hague, Netherlands, today and made finally some pictures of which I think are shareable haha. Let me know what you think or what could be better, thanks!

First one is of the industrial area of The Hague and the second one is the business center part of the city

IMG_20171005_124103008_HDR-EFFECTS.jpg

IMG_20171005_124010581_HDR (1).jpg

The camera is indeed professional if it could capture all these at a glance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5.10.2017 at 11:17 PM, CryptoGeek03 said:

I just got my first professional camera a while ago and I'm still not sure what I like to shoot. Also depends on where you live as I like to go into nature and look for wild animals, but nothing like that anywhere close to me. Went to The Hague, Netherlands, today and made finally some pictures of which I think are shareable haha. Let me know what you think or what could be better, thanks!

First one is of the industrial area of The Hague and the second one is the business center part of the city

IMG_20171005_124103008_HDR-EFFECTS.jpg

IMG_20171005_124010581_HDR (1).jpg

I like these black and white captures. Great shots!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×