Admin

Watching the ArtByte SegWit rollout on the live blockchain

1 minute ago, Admin said:

Version 2 mined blocks are rejected. A version 2 (v0.8) wallet can still send & receive ArtBytes.

Okay, then that doesn't explain why Twitter and Reddit withdrawls are very slow.

9 minutes ago, AdamsEve said:

I'm not sure why you quoted me. Your reply has nothing to do with what I said earlier.

Yes , i do not have answer to your question. But on checking the link on your post, i discovered we are much closer to segwit lock.

25 minutes ago, Adedunmola said:

Yes , i do not have answer to your question. But on checking the link on your post, i discovered we are much closer to segwit lock.

I see, yes, thank you for the explanation. Yes, we are very close. I'm not too excited about SegWit itself, but more to do with Lightning and payment channels. I was reading you could do altcoin currency swaps using payment channels off the blockchain. So, transactions are lightning fast! It'll be nice to trade ABY or use ABY in new ways.

SegWit is not quite activated. What we can say now is that over 80% of the miners are signalling SegWit over the last 10080 blocks.

The math is a bit confusing, it is not a mathematical average like the chart shows. Now that 80% has been reached SegWit will activate officially on block 927360.

For activation, the last block number of the group of 10080 used for activation, has to be a multiple of 10080

927360  / 10080 = 92
937440  / 10080 = 93

Since BIP91 has locked in, the network rejects all non SegWit blocks, so it should just be a matter of time. As I write this, we are at block 924567. So it should take another 2793 blocks (less than 4 days)

When we officially lock in SegWit, we will announce it in a worldwide press release to all the crypto and financial markets

1 hour ago, Admin said:

SegWit is not quite activated. What we can say now is that over 80% of the miners are signalling SegWit over the last 10080 blocks.

The math is a bit confusing, it is not a mathematical average like the chart shows. Now that 80% has been reached SegWit will activate officially on block 927360.

For activation, the last block number of the group of 10080 used for activation, has to be a multiple of 10080

927360  / 10080 = 92
937440  / 10080 = 93

Since BIP91 has locked in, the network rejects all non SegWit blocks, so it should just be a matter of time. As I write this, we are at block 924567. So it should take another 2793 blocks (less than 4 days)

When we officially lock in SegWit, we will announce it in a worldwide press release to all the crypto and financial markets

That's exciting news. 

1 hour ago, AdamsEve said:

I guess Bittrex is okay. They just recently upgraded. Twitter & Reddit wallet wasn't upgraded and all the send transactions from Twitter & Reddit have been "stuck" for several days now since v2 blocks are being actively rejected. @Admin said old wallets could still send just fine, but apparently, Twitter & Reddit are a special breed. Just saying, don't send large amounts without testing a small amount first.

I sent money from twitter to bittrex 4 days ago not received . Any thing related to reddit or twitter or webwallet is broken i guess

On 11/17/2017 at 12:10 PM, smbrandonjr said:

Maybe Admin can clarify but the net hash rate on coinwarz https://www.coinwarz.com/network-hashrate-charts/artbyte-network-hashrate-chart does not jive with the net has rate on hash-to-coins...why would that be? Does it have to do with pools that support segwit vs pools that do not (assuming there are some)?

Look at the end date on CoinWarz. What date do you see? The net hash difference confused me too.

We have a press release about SegWit going out Monday.

For ArtByte, a coin created to support artists, SegWit provides new technologies solving a critical concern for artists of all types: fair income distribution for creative rights holders. This includes musicians, writers, film makers, dancers, painters, photographers, actors, etc.

It gives Bitcoin based currencies smart contract capabilities which have previously, only been available on Ethereum type platforms. Less than 1% of all digital currencies have activated SegWit.

Just as on the Bitcoin & Litecoin blockchains, SegWit gives ArtByte access to the Lightning network (solving scalability issues), MAST (Smart contract type features), Atomic Swaps (direct blockchain to blockchain transactions, eliminating the need for exchanges) and multiple other arising technologies.

In case you missed it - The way SegWit works is that it is locked_in at 80%, then there is a two week activation period, when the blockchain must stay above 80%, then it is forever active on the blockchain.

Yesterday, ArtByte went active, and SegWit is now a permanent feature of ArtByte. Time to start testing atomic swaps, smart contracts and all the other new features!

7 hours ago, CryptoGeek03 said:

Great news, glad it could stay above 80% for two weeks straight. Looking forward to the new features.

seems you have been away from the forum fr a while. We have been segwitted.

12 hours ago, Adedunmola said:

seems you have been away from the forum fr a while. We have been segwitted.

I've been on this forum almost everyday for the last couple of months? I know there was trouble getting above that 80%, but I did not know it took 2 weeks to fully activate.