Admin

Watching the ArtByte SegWit rollout on the live blockchain

20 hours ago, AdamsEve said:

Sure, I'd like to help ArtByte out. How much hashing power do you think we will need? Which pool do you think will be best to mine blocks that are SegWit enabled (aware?).

How much hash power can you contribute? I can contribute 50 Kh/s now. I'm expecting two Moonlander2 (scrypt ASIC) in the next 30 days, so I can contribute 10 Mh/s more in about 30 days.

Or, do you think it'd be better to rent hashing power for a short period (one month?). I wonder if anyone takes ArtByte.

As stated before I am welling to help , But pointing my riggs will not be as helpful as renting hash power . GPU is weak when it comes to artbyte algo .

4 hours ago, P.E. said:

What makes you think we'll reach the target today?

Well I was watching the progress over a few hours period this morning and probably (over enthusiastically) estimated that it was going to happen. Interestingly, earlier today the net hash rate was lower than I have seen, around 22 Gh/s. That has since increased to over 31 Gh/s.

Maybe Admin can clarify but the net hash rate on coinwarz https://www.coinwarz.com/network-hashrate-charts/artbyte-network-hashrate-chart does not jive with the net has rate on hash-to-coins...why would that be? Does it have to do with pools that support segwit vs pools that do not (assuming there are some)?

13 hours ago, P.E. said:

Just saw it is over 90% of the last 1000 blocks. If this keeps up, it'll reach 80% of the last 10080 blocks soon. Currently at 76.2%. 

It looks really good now. Straight line up, high 90's for last 1000 blocks still. Curious to see what will happen once its activated!

On 18/11/2017 at 11:27 AM, P.E. said:

Just saw it is over 90% of the last 1000 blocks. If this keeps up, it'll reach 80% of the last 10080 blocks soon. Currently at 76.2%. 

Good news.

Does anyone know if SegWit activation will affect coinpunk online wallet (our artbyte online wallet), reddit tip bot deposit & withdraw, and twitter tip (deposit & withdraw)?

I believe all ArtByte wallets are already updated for the segwit release. 

3 hours ago, AdamsEve said:

Does anyone know if SegWit activation will affect coinpunk online wallet (our artbyte online wallet), reddit tip bot deposit & withdraw, and twitter tip (deposit & withdraw)?

I think the team have found the miners who were holding back segwit and have found a solution for it. Good work on that:

Current numbers:

99.9% 1000 latest blocks

79.2% 10080 latest blocks

If this keeps up, it'll reach 80% within 24 hours.

6 hours ago, P.E. said:

I believe all ArtByte wallets are already updated for the SegWit release. 

It is not clear if this is the case for Reddit Tip bot and Twitter Tip bot. I can send to Tip bot fine, but getting ABY out is a problem right now. I don't know if this is SegWit related, but I'm seeing v2 transactions being rejected. Makes me wonder if Twitter & Reddit Tip bot are on version 2 instead of required version 3 now:

http://www.artbyte.me/segwitcsv-progress-tracker/

See BIP 65/66 in the link above. 

6 minutes ago, AdamsEve said:

It is not clear if this is the case for Reddit Tip bot and Twitter Tip bot. I can send to Tip bot fine, but getting ABY out is a problem right now. I don't know if this is SegWit related, but I'm seeing v2 transactions being rejected. Makes me wonder if Twitter & Reddit Tip bot are on version 2 instead of required version 3 now:

http://www.artbyte.me/segwitcsv-progress-tracker/

See BIP 65/66 in the link above. 

We are now @ 79.9 to segwit.... we might hit it this night.

42 minutes ago, AdamsEve said:

Makes me wonder if Twitter & Reddit Tip bot are on version 2 instead of required version 3 now:

Version 2 mined blocks are rejected. A version 2 (v0.8) wallet can still send & receive ArtBytes.