Jump to content
Admin

Watching the ArtByte SegWit rollout on the live blockchain

Recommended Posts

It is so close lately, high 70's. Now it was 76%, so it did drop a little bit. But there has to be a way to get this up right? For example @AdamsEve idea of renting an antminer just to reach the 80%. I think none of us would mind if they bought one for us. It is also possible to rent hashpower online, maybe this is a cheaper option because it just for some days or maybe a week (or 2)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the suggestions, but a couple of weeks ago we rented hash every day. Every time we rented hash, who ever is doing this, increased their hash. Every time we increased hash, they did as well, so that solution did not work. We are working on other solutions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Admin said:

Thanks for the suggestions, but a couple of weeks ago we rented hash every day. Every time we rented hash, who ever is doing this, increased their hash. Every time we increased hash, they did as well, so that solution did not work. We are working on other solutions.

It looks like someone is holding it back on purpose. But for what reasons?  Maybe trying to get more Artbytes now they are cheap and postpone a possible price increase when segwit is fully enabled. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not looking good.

I saw some weirdness in the debug.log and thought segwit was activated... but doesn't seem like it.

Warning: Unknown block versions being mined! It's possible unknown rules are in effect.

Dla1FeC.png

Quote

2017-11-08 00:28:23 UpdateTip: new best=41d9e55003bd24db4056dd04aced322b1cbbd11d00fb63dde39db1c8ae507475 height=915926 version=0x20000003 log2_work=58.62896 tx=1613670 date='2017-11-08 00:25:37' progress=0.999996 cache=0.5MiB(2679tx) warning='49 of last 100 blocks have unexpected version'
2017-11-08 00:28:23 UpdateTip: new best=e0eb6a0c9242fde01ac3df03205f311bf6c82c9c19ac93753b6838b74c88406a height=915927 version=0x20000013 log2_work=58.62898 tx=1613671 date='2017-11-08 00:25:44' progress=0.999996 cache=0.5MiB(2680tx) warning='49 of last 100 blocks have unexpected version'
2017-11-08 00:28:23 UpdateTip: new best=b2cffe560fcf25f39cabdc6c9b702aa95434aabc82a9a1653f15c077083955e2 height=915928 version=0x20000013 log2_work=58.629 tx=1613672 date='2017-11-08 00:26:47' progress=0.999998 cache=0.5MiB(2681tx) warning='49 of last 100 blocks have unexpected version'
2017-11-08 00:28:23 UpdateTip: new best=eed4f70b71ec052cf8600533495b74cff0d98f5641a62f5dea800c567788315c height=915929 version=0x20000013 log2_work=58.629021 tx=1613673 date='2017-11-08 00:28:02' progress=1.000000 cache=0.5MiB(2682tx) warning='50 of last 100 blocks have unexpected version'
2017-11-08 00:28:23 UpdateTip: new best=eed4f70b71ec052cf8600533495b74cff0d98f5641a62f5dea800c567788315c height=915929 version=0x20000013 log2_work=58.629021 tx=1613673 date='2017-11-08 00:28:02' progress=1.000000 cache=0.5MiB(2682tx) warning='50 of last 100 blocks have unexpected version'

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23.10.2017 at 6:21 PM, Admin said:

Update on SegWit rollout.

Activating SegWit requires consensus of 80% of the miners. Every miner we have been able to identify and talk to has upgraded to the latest version (v13.01) which has SegWit enabled.

There is still one or perhaps a few miners who have not upgraded and are using the old v8 code. Since they have not upgraded, they are in fact blocking ArtByte from enabling SegWit.

This blocking may or may not be intentional. We ask all miners to upgrade to v13.01. Binaries for Win, MAC and Linux are available on our main site: https://www.artbyte.me/get-started/

 

I have not been on the forum for a long time. could you explain. do I need to download a new wallet? I vaguely imagine what SegWit is and what is required of me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2017 at 1:11 PM, Admin said:

Thanks for the suggestions, but a couple of weeks ago we rented hash every day. Every time we rented hash, who ever is doing this, increased their hash. Every time we increased hash, they did as well, so that solution did not work. We are working on other solutions.

Sounds like someone is really trying to sabotage the Segwit adaptation. Do you have any idea why someone would do that? Maybe a hard fork will be needed...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Gates said:

I have not been on the forum for a long time. could you explain. do I need to download a new wallet? I vaguely imagine what SegWit is and what is required of me

Yes, there is a new wallet you can download and install. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2017 at 5:11 AM, Admin said:

Thanks for the suggestions, but a couple of weeks ago we rented hash every day. Every time we rented hash, who ever is doing this, increased their hash. Every time we increased hash, they did as well, so that solution did not work. We are working on other solutions.

Is there really another solution besides mining new blocks with SegWit activated miner or pool that is SegWit activated? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SegWit Update

The battle with those who are trying to block ArtByte from activating SegWit, unfortunately continues. Over the last week we were quietly running a play from Bitcoin's play book, and use BIP91 to help activate SegWit. So we sent the updated code to six pools who support ArtByte, and they all updated.

To keep our adversaries from learning what we were doing as BIP91 activated, we did not announce this publicly. Unfortunately one of you posted on this forum that it was related to BIP91 and our adversaries responded over the weekend and pointed enough hashpower at the network to block BIP91 as they did SegWit. NOTE: The warning message on the wallets was unavoidable in this scenario.

Whoever is blocking us, is dumping the mined coins on the market, putting price pressure on ArtByte. Also this weekend a handful of new accounts on bitcointalk.org started posting fud on our Announce thread. As to who is doing it, we do not know. SegWit is only active on less than 1% of all altcoins, so it could be that one or more of those coins do not want to see any more coins with SegWit or it could be a coin that competes in the music space. Who knows? This happened to other coins as well. Unfortunately this seems to be the nature of the crypto world.

The ArtByte Foundation will certainly not stop in our vision to activate SegWit nor stop any of our Roadmap. ArtByte will continue to move forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, banake said:

Keep going Artbyte, if you need support from community just tell us

Here are the pools supporting ArtByte, please add your mining hash power to these pools to help ArtByte activate SegWit:

https://hash-to-coins.com/

http://www.zpool.ca/

http://p2p-spb.xyz:5110

https://www.mining-dutch.nl

http://italyiimp.com/

https://prohashing.com/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Admin said:

SegWit Update

To keep our adversaries from learning what we were doing as BIP91 activated, we did not announce this publicly. Unfortunately one of you posted on this forum that it was related to BIP91 and our adversaries responded over the weekend and pointed enough hashpower at the network to block BIP91 as they did SegWit. NOTE: The warning message on the wallets was unavoidable in this scenario.

I think @Admin is suggesting that I, alone, was somehow responsible for "adversaries" becoming aware of BIP91. This is unreal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is really sad , Why would anyone do this . But there must be a solution . Can we know from which pool the hash power that blocking the upgrade is from ? . Also if I may ask . This strated after stopping the mining bonus or before it ? 

Also I noticed bittrex wallet is offline is it related ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Admin said:

Bittrex is just now upgrading to the new code, but that has nothing to do with the mining.

Hmm isn't bittrex mine there own transactions? maybe when they finish the upgrade that will add hash power to us . 

Also let us know how we can help , My main riggs is GPU but maybe we can help by helping with rented hash .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 14-11-2017 at 3:27 PM, nasym said:

Also let us know how we can help , My main riggs is GPU but maybe we can help by helping with rented hash .

We can have an ArtByte donation to rent hashpower. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone want to make a coordinated effort to throw some hashing power at this? I briefly tried yesterday on NiceHash using the hash-to-coin pool but it went dead rather quickly.

But figured if some of us threw some effort at it at the same time it would get us over the hump...

Mike

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, smbrandonjr said:

Anyone want to make a coordinated effort to throw some hashing power at this? I briefly tried yesterday on NiceHash using the hash-to-coin pool but it went dead rather quickly.

But figured if some of us threw some effort at it at the same time it would get us over the hump...

Mike

Sure, I'd like to help ArtByte out. How much hashing power do you think we will need? Which pool do you think will be best to mine blocks that are SegWit enabled (aware?).

How much hash power can you contribute? I can contribute 50 Kh/s now. I'm expecting two Moonlander2 (scrypt ASIC) in the next 30 days, so I can contribute 10 Mh/s more in about 30 days.

Or, do you think it'd be better to rent hashing power for a short period (one month?). I wonder if anyone takes ArtByte.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, AdamsEve said:

Sure, I'd like to help ArtByte out. How much hashing power do you think we will need? Which pool do you think will be best to mine blocks that are SegWit enabled (aware?).

How much hash power can you contribute? I can contribute 50 Kh/s now. I'm expecting two Moonlander2 (scrypt ASIC) in the next 30 days, so I can contribute 10 Mh/s more in about 30 days.

Or, do you think it'd be better to rent hashing power for a short period (one month?). I wonder if anyone takes ArtByte.

 

Might not be necessary...we might get there today! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×