Admin

Watching the ArtByte SegWit rollout on the live blockchain

On 9/27/2017 at 5:12 PM, Admin said:

The ArtByte source code enabling SegWit was released on Sept. 26th. The lock in of SegWit is a multi-week process as miners upgrade to the SegWit code and certain thresholds are met.

You can follow the progress on http://www.artbyte.me/segwitcsv-progress-tracker/

kPRLhIPl.png

Also, if you have a bitcointalk account please post that you are following the SegWit rollout on this thread.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2212213.0

I have posted the Artbyte SegWit rollout on the  bitcointalk thread. Thanks Dev for a great efforts.

Update on SegWit rollout.

Activating SegWit requires consensus of 80% of the miners. Every miner we have been able to identify and talk to has upgraded to the latest version (v13.01) which has SegWit enabled.

There is still one or perhaps a few miners who have not upgraded and are using the old v8 code. Since they have not upgraded, they are in fact blocking ArtByte from enabling SegWit.

This blocking may or may not be intentional. We ask all miners to upgrade to v13.01. Binaries for Win, MAC and Linux are available on our main site: https://www.artbyte.me/get-started/

1 hour ago, Admin said:

This blocking may or may not be intentional. We ask all miners to upgrade to v13.01. Binaries for Win, MAC and Linux are available on our main site: https://www.artbyte.me/get-started/

I doubt it is intentional... they just haven't updated their wallets I bet. How many wallets (nodes) are there for ArtByte? I could throw a few node.js wallets up. Let me talk to @Bushstar

2 hours ago, AdamsEve said:

I doubt it is intentional... they just haven't updated their wallets I bet. How many wallets (nodes) are there for ArtByte? I could throw a few node.js wallets up. Let me talk to @Bushstar

This would be my bet as well, based on how I'm personally not very interested in updating software as all :P I honestly think that running automatic updates, even if forced, would be a good idea in this type of situation to make sure that these types of problems won't come up.

23 hours ago, hj27 said:

I would say it's clearly a lack of interest.

Too many stories of people who lose their coins because of (online) wallets going offline and they haven't moved their coins yet. Just because they don't keep up with their investment. 

42 minutes ago, P.E. said:

Too many stories of people who lose their coins because of (online) wallets going offline and they haven't moved their coins yet. Just because they don't keep up with their investment. 

That's not really the matter at hand here, though, and even if you are running an older desktop wallet you won't lose any funds as long as you keep the wallet file and your private keys safe - you can always just update later on and get back up and running.

On 10/23/2017 at 8:21 AM, Admin said:

There is still one or perhaps a few miners who have not upgraded and are using the old v8 code. Since they have not upgraded, they are in fact blocking ArtByte from enabling SegWit.

Can you figure out who has not upgraded? Wouldn't the explorer.artbtye.me be able to tell you the wallet address? I'm thinking it is a pool. prohashing, nicehash, zpool.ca, etc?

27 minutes ago, AdamsEve said:

Can you figure out who has not upgraded? Wouldn't the explorer.artbtye.me be able to tell you the wallet address? I'm thinking it is a pool. prohashing, nicehash, zpool.ca, etc?

All those pools have updated. We confirmed it with the explorer. There is another individual or pool we can not identify. We can see the non-segwit blocks they mine, but can not identify who they are at this point. We are trying to locate them.

@Admin @Bushstar Hash to Coins pool took ABY offline because they can't find the source for the wallet.

Maybe you guys can help them so they can help with SegWit enabling. 

Oct 27, 2017 at 09:33

ABY down for maintenance
UPD: ABY wallet failed to start and seems like only one way to fix it updates the wallet. But there is a problem here. Developers removed coin sources from GitHub and provide only compiled binaries. Don't know any rational reason for that behavior so for security reason, I can't use precompiled wallet.

2 hours ago, P.E. said:

Any updates? It seems we are going backward instead of forward. 

The website says it is now 77.1%, but the number has been around this for the last two weeks. All the pools have the correct settings they say, so it should be some regular miners who haven't updated yet. Must be some big miners I guess, they must be traceable you would think.

I think ArtByte Foundation should rent some hashpower on a pool that signaled for SegWit. This way, you'll get to 80%. I think renting an AntMiner L3+ for two weeks should be enough. Not cheap, but what is the alternative at this time? Maybe you ABY Foundation could buy me one and I"ll run it at my house for them! :)