benres

Writing Basics What Should Be The Key Elements

It is definitely possible to learn how to write good articles. Look at some big platforms you like to read and see how they do it for example can help a lot. I write for some blogs for a few years now and learned very much. One of the most important things of writing an articles is in my opinion structure. Start with an introduction, which makes people decide if it is interesting enough to read further, make a strong core, where all the arguments, ideas, exemples etc are given and end with a conclusion or something. The end part can also be seen as a kind of summary. 

Also very important: the title is the first thing that people read and must really be a summary in one sentence about what the article is about!

17 hours ago, CryptoGeek03 said:

It is definitely possible to learn how to write good articles. Look at some big platforms you like to read and see how they do it for example can help a lot. I write for some blogs for a few years now and learned very much. One of the most important things of writing an articles is in my opinion structure. Start with an introduction, which makes people decide if it is interesting enough to read further, make a strong core, where all the arguments, ideas, exemples etc are given and end with a conclusion or something. The end part can also be seen as a kind of summary. 

Also very important: the title is the first thing that people read and must really be a summary in one sentence about what the article is about!

Thank you Bro, hopefully with the basic structure you have commented will give me the idea to create something to start with and write a meaningful topic or article and soon even a blog!

12 hours ago, hj27 said:

I don't understand your question. What are your trying to do?

They said that writing is a skill and a talent, I just want to be learned and be a better writer for my readers to better understand what my ideas that I am posting especially here on our artbyte forum! Hoping to! 

On 9/23/2017 at 7:31 PM, benres said:

They said that writing is a skill and a talent

It's both, yes, but depending on what you're writing you might not need to be overly creative. For example, if you're not a creative person then something like The Game of Thrones-esque fantasy epic is probably completely out of your grasp, but that doesn't mean that you couldn't excel in e.g., news/scientific writing, where the focus is on actual, verified information being published. Not all writing requires out-of-the-box thinking, but it will always be of help for sure!

25 minutes ago, Cahoot said:

It's both, yes, but depending on what you're writing you might not need to be overly creative. For example, if you're not a creative person then something like The Game of Thrones-esque fantasy epic is probably completely out of your grasp, but that doesn't mean that you couldn't excel in e.g., news/scientific writing, where the focus is on actual, verified information being published. Not all writing requires out-of-the-box thinking, but it will always be of help for sure!

Thank you, I am experimenting on writing some informative articles in English, I will start on my phase even if I am slow but willing to learn and hopefully continue and be able to create a good one. Have to use some English dictionaries and some other tools, again thanks and I will add it on my notes.

2 hours ago, Cahoot said:

I totally agree with you. And ofcourse you should something that is on trend coz that's what people want. A catchy title could help too. 

23 hours ago, benres said:

Thank you, I am experimenting on writing some informative articles in English, I will start on my phase even if I am slow but willing to learn and hopefully continue and be able to create a good one. Have to use some English dictionaries and some other tools, again thanks and I will add it on my notes.

If you're not a native you might want to look into hiring someone to proofread/edit your content for you. Obviously somewhat expensive venture, but if you're looking to publish something mainstream then correct language is a big deal, and likely will pay back later down the road.

1 hour ago, Cahoot said:

If you're not a native you might want to look into hiring someone to proofread/edit your content for you. Obviously somewhat expensive venture, but if you're looking to publish something mainstream then correct language is a big deal, and likely will pay back later down the road.

I am Asian reasons that I am quite have difficulty in advance English language, mainly on the grammar. Mainstream writing is not yet on my mind however my priority right now is to create or write something that will help me start to appreciate what writing really means.

On 9/27/2017 at 3:25 PM, benres said:

I am Asian reasons that I am quite have difficulty in advance English language, mainly on the grammar. Mainstream writing is not yet on my mind however my priority right now is to create or write something that will help me start to appreciate what writing really means.

It's still much easier to correct problems, grammatical or otherwise, from the get-go than think of it all as something you can fix later down the road. Sure, you can, but that's akin to building the roof to your house after it starts raining, because you didn't need the roof during sunshine. If you're really passionate about it, I'm sure that there are some local writing workshops or classes you might want to take part in. Probably costs some, but nobody's time is free, so a little initial investment will probably go long way.

4 hours ago, Cahoot said:

It's still much easier to correct problems, grammatical or otherwise, from the get-go than think of it all as something you can fix later down the road. Sure, you can, but that's akin to building the roof to your house after it starts raining, because you didn't need the roof during sunshine. If you're really passionate about it, I'm sure that there are some local writing workshops or classes you might want to take part in. Probably costs some, but nobody's time is free, so a little initial investment will probably go long way.

Thanks, I like the last part of the paragraph of your reply, "Nobody's time is free" good one, and again thanks for those smart tips on writing techniques! Kudos!

4 hours ago, cryptogeek101 said:

Talking about writing an article,  are we allowed to post our promotional and marketing articles about other issues apart from Artbyte here ? I really wanted to know. Thanks

I do not really know if it is applicable or what you are thinking about, but you have more "general" forums in the Artis's Cafe forums:

http://forum.artbyte.me/forum/38-the-artists-life/

http://forum.artbyte.me/forum/39-inspiration/

http://forum.artbyte.me/forum/40-new-projects/

52 minutes ago, hj27 said:

I do not really know if it is applicable or what you are thinking about, but you have more "general" forums in the Artis's Cafe forums:

http://forum.artbyte.me/forum/38-the-artists-life/

http://forum.artbyte.me/forum/39-inspiration/

http://forum.artbyte.me/forum/40-new-projects/

Thanks for information, I thought a thing like that but was a bit skeptical about starting a thing like. Forums like steemit, linkedin etc accepts blog/article. Trying to keep to the rules.

On 10/9/2017 at 6:30 AM, cryptogeek101 said:

Thanks for information, I thought a thing like that but was a bit skeptical about starting a thing like. Forums like steemit, linkedin etc accepts blog/article. Trying to keep to the rules.

Thanks also for reminding it is better prepared to know the rules so not to be ignorant about it, rather than regret the consequence later!