Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 10/25/2017 at 3:08 PM, CryptoGeek03 said:

A lot is coverd yes. I think for now just some new members, some people showing their art and maybe it will come again when new milestones are reached with ABY. 

In response to this thread and others requesting opening up more topics for discussion we have added a new section to do that.

We will not open up to threads about other cryptocurrencies. That is not our purpose. You can find that on Bitcointalk.org. Our vision is to build the biggest community of artist and art fans on the Internet, and use ArtByte to support artists.

We have no plans to end the Rank bonuses and plan to continue those hopefully for many years. We do want to give members more topics to post about and comment on. So we will stay to our mission and discuss art of all types.

Art touches all our lives in so many ways: a movie, a book, a song, a photograph. Join us and talk more about art, so we can combine the crypto crowd and the art community. That is after all, why ArtByte exists.

Please post some new topics and comment on existing ones in our new section: http://forum.artbyte.me/forum/64-lets-talk-about-art/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Admin said:

We will not open up to threads about other cryptocurrencies. That is not our purpose. You can find that on Bitcointalk.org. Our vision is to build the biggest community of artist and art fans on the Internet, and use ArtByte to support artists.

Makes absolute sense to me, and I'm hoping that with ever-growing community with activity incentives we could reach this in the future! Do you have any plans to lower the rank rewards in the future? We can see how this affected the activity last time, so it might be a good idea to hire someone to exclusively moderate the forums so that people wouldn't be able to take advantage of the system, thus leading into decreased rewards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like membership is levelling off. Thread & post count seems to even. You have core members, and then new members trickling in.

Lately, there are still a lot of people who make inconsequential posts. I wish there was AI to analyze and rank posts. I bet some would get spammy scores.

Thanks for the graphs. Do you know how to hotlink them? 

Try typing the direct URL from imgur like this... and it should show up in the forum post.

[img="image.jpg"]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, P.E. said:

Being active goes in phases. Sometimes I am more active, and there are days I am not on the forum. 

I think this counts for a lot of people.

Yeah, it goes like this for me as well because sometimes I'm just so swamped with work or other stuff so hanging around forums in general is simply something I have no time for. I don't see it as a bad thing in general, as long as overall there's not a massive decline, which I must say tends to be the case with forums with current social media solutions being much more prevalent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Cahoot said:

I assume those days with negative value are days when the moderators have been deleting spammy content?

As i can see it are 3 days we're talking about. The most obvious reason indeed is moderators deleting spammy content. I don't think users delete their own content, especially when they know they count towards any bonusses. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, CryptoGeek03 said:

As i can see it are 3 days we're talking about. The most obvious reason indeed is moderators deleting spammy content. I don't think users delete their own content, especially when they know they count towards any bonusses. 

I thought so. Also I don't think that you can delete your own content (full posts) even if you wanted to. Editing old stuff is possible, but not removing the messages themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Cahoot said:

I thought so. Also I don't think that you can delete your own content (full posts) even if you wanted to. Editing old stuff is possible, but not removing the messages themselves.

I never wanted to actually delete something of myself, so I did not even know it is not possible tot do so.

1 hour ago, P.E. said:

The bonus is increased. This might increase the growth as well. 

It might does, but I hope it won't be the main reason for eventual growth. I think a lot of (spammy) people left once the bonuses were lowered and know more quality people remains on the forum they put it back a little to reward those who are genuine?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, CryptoGeek03 said:

It might does, but I hope it won't be the main reason for eventual growth. I think a lot of (spammy) people left once the bonuses were lowered and know more quality people remains on the forum they put it back a little to reward those who are genuine?

Probably will also attract some spammers as well, sadly. Word spreads fast, so it's very easy to think that some of the people who stopped will return, but let's just hope for the best. Anyhow this truly shows the the ABY wants to do their best in order to incentivize the use of the forum!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cahoot said:

Probably will also attract some spammers as well, sadly. Word spreads fast, so it's very easy to think that some of the people who stopped will return, but let's just hope for the best. Anyhow this truly shows the the ABY wants to do their best in order to incentivize the use of the forum!

Spamming or no spamming, I think the more people here in the forum will expand the growth of artbyte,by them (spammer)joining,its help spreading the artbyte and alot will know about it for there bussiness,thats my opinion anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2017 at 8:37 PM, Cgegege said:

Spamming or no spamming, I think the more people here in the forum will expand the growth of artbyte,by them (spammer)joining,its help spreading the artbyte and alot will know about it for there bussiness,thats my opinion anyway.

There is spamming with meaningless words like ( thanks, GL, and this kind of words) = bad for ARTBYTE , And can never be good ! . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2017 at 7:37 PM, Cgegege said:

Spamming or no spamming, I think the more people here in the forum will expand the growth of artbyte,by them (spammer)joining,its help spreading the artbyte and alot will know about it for there bussiness,thats my opinion anyway.

That's wrong, actually. Many times I've simply skipped a forum because they haven't bothered to deal with spam, and there has been massive amounts of either total spam of completely useless "thanks", "hello" or "great article!" type of low quality posts that are of no use. More of something is never a guarantee of quality, you should keep that in mind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Cahoot said:

That's wrong, actually. Many times I've simply skipped a forum because they haven't bothered to deal with spam, and there has been massive amounts of either total spam of completely useless "thanks", "hello" or "great article!" type of low quality posts that are of no use. More of something is never a guarantee of quality, you should keep that in mind.

You maybe right but that is my own point of view

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Cgegege said:

You maybe right but that is my own point of view

And you're entitled to it, but spam content on a website always reflects badly both from the users POV as well as (maybe in some cases even more importantly) search engine POV. If you allow all sorts of useless content to be shown on your site, it shows neglect from your part, and why would anyone care about a site if even the owner themselves wouldn't care for it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes , the growth and expansion of artbyte is the most paramount thing for the establishment of this forum. Be it as it may, there must be sanity, the forum must be clean and filled with useful information that can be impactful. Anything short of this, is unacceptable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2017 at 4:33 PM, CryptoGeek03 said:

Hello everyone,

I couldn't find a proper category for this topic, or at least none where I was allowed to post. I joined this forum about a month ago and have been monitoring the stats of the forum in the last couple of weeks.

The amount of members, posts and topics are visible to all members. I just collected them everyday and combined these into some graphs. You can see in the graph below that there is a nice growth of this forum! If you have any suggestions let me know!

The blue line is amount of members which belongs to the left vertical axis. Posts and topics belong to the right vertical axis.

Artbyte Forum 7aug-26-aug.png

Nice work.

I love statistics cos it shows everything.with this its show the wide awareness and adoption of this projects which will transpolante to its growths.

Now 300sats am sure with this growth,it can reach 1000sats or more before December.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×