On 10/1/2017 at 7:31 AM, lerocknrolla said:

Something I've been thinking of that might grow the forum is if we started creating some tutorial posts: the artists about techniques, workflow, etc, and maybe some other people about marketing, accounting, copyright law, etc for artists? Do you think this forum would be a good place to put them, or a separate section? What sorts of things are people interested in learning?

That's a great idea. Like someone else mentioned before Artists usually only post in the introduction section and maybe then post their work while the miners seem more active in the forum. I think those types of topics would get the attention of the forums artist. Maybe even having step by step  art type lessions from one or two artist could help some of us that are less artistically inclined.

8 hours ago, Orgullov said:

I hope this is not about forum bonus, when forum bonus stopped (someday maybe) I hope this forum still running like now

I would hope so, but I'm quite certain that once we reach that point there will be a notable decrease in the amount of posters. I've seen this happen on forums before, and I'm sure this won't be the end of it. The bonuses even now are a great incentive to keep being active, and I'm sure everyone here is happy to receive them, but something like that easily becomes the main thing for many. As sad as it is.

3 hours ago, Cahoot said:

I would hope so, but I'm quite certain that once we reach that point there will be a notable decrease in the amount of posters. I've seen this happen on forums before, and I'm sure this won't be the end of it. The bonuses even now are a great incentive to keep being active, and I'm sure everyone here is happy to receive them, but something like that easily becomes the main thing for many. As sad as it is.

Admin must make this forum still interested without a bonus as much as possible, because it's (maybe) not possible if bonus will go on

21 hours ago, Orgullov said:

Admin must make this forum still interested without a bonus as much as possible, because it's (maybe) not possible if bonus will go on

I agree, but the thing is that people who are actually interested in the tech or the coin would be here regardless, so I'm not sure what could be done to keep the people who joined for the reward after the reward is gone. If it's gone at some point, that is.

50 minutes ago, Cahoot said:

I agree, but the thing is that people who are actually interested in the tech or the coin would be here regardless, so I'm not sure what could be done to keep the people who joined for the reward after the reward is gone. If it's gone at some point, that is.

People can still to stay here when this forum make them interest, not only about reward. We can see other forum without reward from admin still running well with high interesting.. 

On 10/4/2017 at 8:27 AM, Orgullov said:

People can still to stay here when this forum make them interest, not only about reward. We can see other forum without reward from admin still running well with high interesting.. 

Well, yeah... that's exactly what I said. But I mean that on any forum that has or will pay for people to participate, the participation rate plummets after those rewards are taken out completely or even decreased. And I kinda understand it even: you're just using the payment scheme as a method of income, and learning anything in the process is just a happy coincidence.

On 4/10/2017 at 9:37 PM, Gaze AF said:

I think this is will decrease quickly when bonus stopped :D 

I think so, many people come here just want to get an award. But thank you so much to admin, developer and team which give as an award here.

I had another graph, solely on post count. The last comment was only allowed to upload 40kb of pictures. In this comment it says: Max file size 500MB ??? But when I try to upload an image an error occurs, so this new graph will come later.

On 10/13/2017 at 11:31 AM, CryptoGeek03 said:

UPDATE: these charts include stats from aug 7 to oct 12. In my opinion they're beginning to look a bit 'full'. It is not very clear anymore. So I'm thinking of a new chart, but that is not finished yet. 

Artbyte Forum 7aug-12okt.png

Forum Growth 7aug-12okt.png

You could just have e.g., rolling 30-day chart, and maybe have some month-by-month versions as well to show the long-term growth better. But I have noticed this lessened participation on the forums myself lately, with less topics and posts being posted than when I joined myself. I wonder if many members have just sold off their ABY for altcoins with faster growth and thus left the forums as well?

12 hours ago, Cahoot said:

You could just have e.g., rolling 30-day chart, and maybe have some month-by-month versions as well to show the long-term growth better. But I have noticed this lessened participation on the forums myself lately, with less topics and posts being posted than when I joined myself. I wonder if many members have just sold off their ABY for altcoins with faster growth and thus left the forums as well?

I can't upload images anymore, so here are updated charts linked from imgur. https://imgur.com/s4eaSyQ + https://imgur.com/9lWUoXM

Difference in posts and topics per day, charted per week. The growth is going down. I guess there is less new things to tell on the forum. A lot has been discussed already and the value of ABY hasn't grown lately. For many people reason to switch I think.

On 10/13/2017 at 2:34 AM, CryptoGeek03 said:

I had another graph, solely on post count. The last comment was only allowed to upload 40kb of pictures. In this comment it says: Max file size 500MB ??? But when I try to upload an image an error occurs, so this new graph will come later.

I've had to resort to using imgur.com and hot link from there. I asked ArtByte Forum to increase our attachment storage, but no answer... We want to help people here learn and give good tutorials/instructions, but there is no interest in supporting us I guess.

14 minutes ago, AdamsEve said:

I've had to resort to using imgur.com and hot link from there. I asked ArtByte Forum to increase our attachment storage, but no answer... We want to help people here learn and give good tutorials/instructions, but there is no interest in supporting us I guess.

I use Imgur for the official ArtByte posts. It works very well.

2 minutes ago, Admin said:

It is a lot easier to copy & paste into the post though. Okay, thanks for official response.

10 hours ago, CryptoGeek03 said:

I can't upload images anymore, so here are updated charts linked from imgur. https://imgur.com/s4eaSyQ + https://imgur.com/9lWUoXM

Difference in posts and topics per day, charted per week. The growth is going down. I guess there is less new things to tell on the forum. A lot has been discussed already and the value of ABY hasn't grown lately. For many people reason to switch I think.

Thanks for these.

And yeah, I suppose you're right, but then again the current content pretty much covers the entirety of ABY in general, so unless there's interest from the management level to allow much broader (cryptocurrency) discussion as well, I don't think that there will be much change in the future either.

2 hours ago, Admin said:

It works yes and I understand a lot of images would take huge amount of space if the forum grows. It was nicer though to see them directly into the post, but one extra click, there are more important things in life right.

22 minutes ago, Cahoot said:

Thanks for these.

And yeah, I suppose you're right, but then again the current content pretty much covers the entirety of ABY in general, so unless there's interest from the management level to allow much broader (cryptocurrency) discussion as well, I don't think that there will be much change in the future either.

A lot is coverd yes. I think for now just some new members, some people showing their art and maybe it will come again when new milestones are reached with ABY.