On 8/27/2017 at 4:35 PM, CryptoGeek03 said:

I also used above stats to calculate how many new members, topics and posts the forum gets everyday. You can see this results in the graph below.

The line here belongs to the right  vertical axis and the bars belong to the left vertical axis.

Forum Growth 7aug-26-aug.png

The artbyte community  is expanding day by day according to this graph, which shows that the future of artbyte is bright. 

people always interesting to new forum,new community of crypto,and yes of course artbyte forum also growth really fast,but i just wonder when the growth of forum will give significants effect to ABY price,because so far community growth but the price not too explosive :D 

I think you cannot establish causal links like if I do x you get y. I think it is a sum of everything. Great product, market awareness created by bonuses, reddit, twitter...

If it was so direct, there would be a lot of coins doing the same.

On 8/27/2017 at 11:33 PM, CryptoGeek03 said:

Hello everyone,

I couldn't find a proper category for this topic, or at least none where I was allowed to post. I joined this forum about a month ago and have been monitoring the stats of the forum in the last couple of weeks.

The amount of members, posts and topics are visible to all members. I just collected them everyday and combined these into some graphs. You can see in the graph below that there is a nice growth of this forum! If you have any suggestions let me know!

The blue line is amount of members which belongs to the left vertical axis. Posts and topics belong to the right vertical axis.

Artbyte Forum 7aug-26-aug.png

woah so nice of you to do a graph like this. I agree with you that admins should add more catergories and off topic sections so that members can have more posts and comments that may help more on the growth of forum:)

I've collected stats for over a month now and you can see these below. The growth after september 1st is clearly different. Especially amount of daily posts has changed after that. For some people this was defintely a reason to stop with the forum, and this led to less posts, which also gave less topics for active users to comment on. 

Artbyte Forum 7aug-14sep.png

Forum Growth 7aug-14sep.png

9 minutes ago, Scotty said:

Yeah but how many were scammers/bots that were bending the rules. Remember, Admin suspended a lot of posters for breaking the rules and I'm sure a nice percentage of them didn't bother to return.

True, as you can see in the second graph there were some days with a negative topic growth. And it is also true that there were a lot of nonsense comments. But some people also actually added useful stuff to the forum, which gave active people the opportunity to comment on that. Overall seen, the quality must go up, but the amount of active people declined, so we have to rebuild again.

Two weeks further again and the growth percentage is higher than in the previous two weeks. Again some topics have been removed, but the amount of new posts has risen again. 

Maybe it's me, but it seems like there are less topics to comment on lately. A lot of things are already discussed, what could be a reason. What do you think?

Artbyte Forum 7aug-27sep.png

Forum Growth 7aug-27sep.png

On 27-9-2017 at 5:59 PM, CryptoGeek03 said:

Maybe it's me, but it seems like there are less topics to comment on lately. A lot of things are already discussed, what could be a reason. What do you think?

I noticed the same. At some point a discussion just ends, nothing more to add. And there is a lot of information on the forum now, so there is less questions. 

The amount of topics isn't growing a lot, that's true, but then again I don't necessarily see that as a bad thing, because on forums with loads of topics duplicates start appearing, thus increasing the workload for the moderators. I think that it's also way easier to handle the discussion related to the same core subjects, even if there are some other issues (e.g., wallet issues regarding to an update, as the root of the problem could be the same, despite issues not being exactly the same).

11 hours ago, Cahoot said:

The amount of topics isn't growing a lot, that's true, but then again I don't necessarily see that as a bad thing, because on forums with loads of topics duplicates start appearing, thus increasing the workload for the moderators. I think that it's also way easier to handle the discussion related to the same core subjects, even if there are some other issues (e.g., wallet issues regarding to an update, as the root of the problem could be the same, despite issues not being exactly the same).

I agree, the amount of nonsense or duplicate topics has gone down a lot, which is for the best. Just something I noticed, what could explain the less amount of posts everyday, but the quality of the forum stays higher now, so that is a good thing.

3 hours ago, hj27 said:

Making a little portal or something like this to be able to access whenever we want...

I only update the charts once a day. One option is for me to post the updated charts everyday. I'm looking for a new way to display the stats. It are just 3 numbers that make up these charts, but it may can be put into a more clearer graph. 

54 minutes ago, CryptoGeek03 said:

I agree, the amount of nonsense or duplicate topics has gone down a lot, which is for the best. Just something I noticed, what could explain the less amount of posts everyday, but the quality of the forum stays higher now, so that is a good thing.

I only update the charts once a day. One option is for me to post the updated charts everyday. I'm looking for a new way to display the stats. It are just 3 numbers that make up these charts, but it may can be put into a more clearer graph. 

How do you get the data?

10 hours ago, CryptoGeek03 said:

Hear, hear. I also think that the changes in the forum posting rewards has had some effect on the amount of posts, as some might have only joined for the rewards which before were handed out very graciously. Now with much stricter limits and less payouts some might have just ditched the forum altogether.

4 hours ago, Cahoot said:

Hear, hear. I also think that the changes in the forum posting rewards has had some effect on the amount of posts, as some might have only joined for the rewards which before were handed out very graciously. Now with much stricter limits and less payouts some might have just ditched the forum altogether.

Agree, it's very reasonable.

The bigger bonuses were nice, and I was glad to have gotten a couple, but yeah, a lot less spam-for-bonuses posts are being created now - it's just not worth doing it.

Something I've been thinking of that might grow the forum is if we started creating some tutorial posts: the artists about techniques, workflow, etc, and maybe some other people about marketing, accounting, copyright law, etc for artists? Do you think this forum would be a good place to put them, or a separate section? What sorts of things are people interested in learning?