On 26/8/2017 at 12:23 PM, TonyY1972 said:

I don't think ArtByte is meant to be a cryptocurrency for business transactions. It is a way to send funds to your favorite artist.

I agree. One of the strengths of ABY is the clear focus. It would make sense in business trasactions around art business...

On 10/10/2017 at 1:09 PM, hj27 said:

I agree. One of the strengths of ABY is the clear focus. It would make sense in business trasactions around art business...

Sure. Artist performances. Dance recitals. Music performances. Electronic music festivals. Arts and crafts. If the event is creative in spirit, I think artbyte can fit. 

On 10/14/2017 at 6:40 AM, AdamsEve said:

Sure. Artist performances. Dance recitals. Music performances. Electronic music festivals. Arts and crafts. If the event is creative in spirit, I think artbyte can fit. 

While I do agree with this, I don't really see the problem in business use in the sense of artists being able to use ABY themselves to buy tools or whatever they might need. Skips out on the need to exchange ABY to fiat in order to keep the show on the road, pun intended. And while I'm just a hobbyist myself, it would be nice to be able to purchase some musical equipment with ABY locally, so that I wouldn't have to use fiat for them.

Yeah peripheral like music equipment, art supplies, etc makes sense too. Isn't there an eBay where cryptocurrency is accepted? I thought there was an open source project for this market place.

On 10/20/2017 at 9:16 PM, AdamsEve said:

Yeah peripheral like music equipment, art supplies, etc makes sense too. Isn't there an eBay where cryptocurrency is accepted? I thought there was an open source project for this market place.

Old post, but there are quite a few cryptocurrency marketplaces like this, although none of them are really big per se. I guess partly that stems from them being so small projects that even if there was some items available, the possibility of no dispute resolution would turn many users away.

I do agreed totally that artbyte do fully support artist around the world,but most of you got me wrong when I mention Africa,the truth is that,most African know little about cryptocurrency,and it would be much better to spread the new and gave them the information about it but things are gradually change now,most,people are now began to know the value of cryptocuccency

On 11/22/2017 at 6:02 PM, Cgegege said:

I do agreed totally that artbyte do fully support artist around the world,but most of you got me wrong when I mention Africa,the truth is that,most African know little about cryptocurrency,and it would be much better to spread the new and gave them the information about it but things are gradually change now,most,people are now began to know the value of cryptocuccency

You are right but the fact is that cryptocurrency is well known in africa now, most expecially in nigeria

On 11/22/2017 at 12:15 AM, Cahoot said:

Old post, but there are quite a few cryptocurrency marketplaces like this, although none of them are really big per se. I guess partly that stems from them being so small projects that even if there was some items available, the possibility of no dispute resolution would turn many users away.

sorry been away for two weeks due to forum suspension.

i can't think of any cryptocurrency that offers dispute resolution. maybe multi-sig wallets, or perhaps some sort smart contract - lightning network feature... can't say that's a missing feature that'd stop me from buying or selling. i understand your point about there being more risk compared to credit cards that offer better  dispute resolution options. 

18 hours ago, AdamsEve said:

sorry been away for two weeks due to forum suspension.

i can't think of any cryptocurrency that offers dispute resolution. maybe multi-sig wallets, or perhaps some sort smart contract - lightning network feature... can't say that's a missing feature that'd stop me from buying or selling. i understand your point about there being more risk compared to credit cards that offer better  dispute resolution options. 

No, I kinda meant that the marketplace itself would act as a dispute resolution middleman, I also don't think that this would be possible with just the currency itself. My point was just that there are, at least not currently, large marketplaces and this kinda leads into the wild west type of thing, and that can easily turn some users away because they'd have essentially no protection from scams.