Admin

ArtByte Roadmap discussions

19 hours ago, hj27 said:

Well... considering the number of Orphans in the last two days I think that it would be important to review this point.

I think this is caused by solo miners that close there client before mining the block I might be wrong tho I am not tech . 

For successful mining process we need to get Artbyte coin at price level where mining it become profitable  . And until that happen I think lowering the difficulty of the mining process will encourage more miners to mine Artbye .

3 hours ago, nasym said:

I think this is caused by solo miners that close there client before mining the block I might be wrong tho I am not tech . 

For successful mining process we need to get Artbyte coin at price level where mining it become profitable  . And until that happen I think lowering the difficulty of the mining process will encourage more miners to mine Artbye .

I think it's not a matter of the coin, but of the pool. but I might be wrong. I am not sure about this topic.

On 9/30/2017 at 1:32 AM, AdamsEve said:

Thought it'd be neat to have a vanity address generator for ArtByte: https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Vanitygen

It could be a form of branding for artist, creative types. 

ABY is based on the Bitcoin core, right? And Vanitygen is open source, so I suppose it wouldn't be a massive thing for someone with a bit of coding skill to port ABY to Vanitygen (or well, I suppose technically vice versa). I support this idea myself, because I do use BTC vanity addresses, and it would be neat to have one for ABY as well!

On 9/27/2017 at 8:00 AM, AdamsEve said:

Is atomic swap feature on the road-map? I'd like it as a feature sooner than later, so we can trade ABY with other altcoins without having to use an exchange. 

Looks like ABY has plans to introduce a marketplace where you can use Bitcoin to pay, but there will be an exchange to ABY... probably through an exchange. I was reading TX (Transfer Coin) has a similar feature in the wallet. Still, I'd prefer a decentralized approach to swapping currency, but I suppose exchange is a necessary evil. Hate paying their fees, so that's why I prefer p2p or decentralized.

8 hours ago, Cahoot said:

ABY is based on the Bitcoin core, right? And Vanitygen is open source, so I suppose it wouldn't be a massive thing for someone with a bit of coding skill to port ABY to Vanitygen (or well, I suppose technically vice versa). I support this idea myself, because I do use BTC vanity addresses, and it would be neat to have one for ABY as well!

ABY is a fork of LTC I think 

19 hours ago, nasym said:

ABY is a fork of LTC I think 

Which is a fork of the Bitcoin Core, so yeah ;) I haven't opened my ABY desktop wallet in a while (since the update), but I recall seeing the Bitcoin Core copyright there in the splash screen.

https://openbazaar.org/ Version 2.0 is in Beta now. There is escrow & dispute resolution feature which is useful feature.

I'm curious where the roadmap is with the music site. Custom site is going to take a lot of resources to create, enhance, etc. I wonder if OpenBazaar is the better choice since you have a foundation you can work off of. It is designed for bitcoin, but I wonder if it could be convert to use with ABY, or have a real-time BTC <-> ABY converter (this was mentioned as a possibility before).

@AdminDoes the RoadMap change when competitors AudioCoin make announcements? I think Bjork is accepting crypto for latest album and AudioCoin is one of the accepted altcoins. That seems to be in direct competition with music.artbytes.me? 

1 hour ago, AdamsEve said:

@AdminDoes the RoadMap change when competitors AudioCoin make announcements? I think Bjork is accepting crypto for latest album and AudioCoin is one of the accepted altcoins. That seems to be in direct competition with music.artbytes.me? 

Audio coin launched in June 2015. Why would that change our roadmap? One announcement does not change our plans. Music is in fact a very small part of what we do.

hi, are there any news and / or updates?
right now, after going through different topics, most of them are quite outdated... so, I would really like to read some new official information... :)

2 hours ago, CChris said:

hi, are there any news and / or updates?
right now, after going through different topics, most of them are quite outdated... so, I would really like to read some new official information... :)

I Think there is not much changed. They finished the Segwit implementation at the end of last year, so I would assume they will now continue with the other points on the roadmap.

ArtByte has been added to the Cheddur app (https://www.cheddur.com)! This will allow new users to learn about ArtByte and join the community. Cheddur allows you to link wallets, exchanges, and other services that support ABY so that new users can easily get started. You can also review the project and post your ABY addresses on your profile to receive tips / payments / donations in ABY from other users :)

Can others from the community please review the profile for quality and help add supported services? The more active the ArtByte profile is (via user reviews and addresses), the higher it ranks in search results and the more likely newcomers are to discover the ArtByte project!

Reference : 

On 1/5/2018 at 7:10 AM, sujithputhranartist said:

ArtByte has been added to the Cheddur app (https://www.cheddur.com)! This will allow new users to learn about ArtByte and join the community. Cheddur allows you to link wallets, exchanges, and other services that support ABY so that new users can easily get started. You can also review the project and post your ABY addresses on your profile to receive tips / payments / donations in ABY from other users :)

Can others from the community please review the profile for quality and help add supported services? The more active the ArtByte profile is (via user reviews and addresses), the higher it ranks in search results and the more likely newcomers are to discover the ArtByte project!

Reference : 

Thanks for sharing.